Configuring an Windows XP client with a Netware 4.2 server

I am somewhat new to Novell.  I have to set up an employee's new computer
and configure it to have access to our Novell server.  The new computer
is running Win XP Pro. The only client version we have is for win 95/98.
I need to know how to set everything up.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you.
0
bwround
4/28/2004 3:47:55 PM
novell.support.netware.4x 2762 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Download the Novell Client for XP from http://download.novell.com

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

> Where can I download full 4.83SP2 client ?

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html

Then you can download the SP3 update

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968055.htm

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

netware 4.11 - windows XP
We have been running 4.11 with various workstations.(dos, windows of many flavors up to and including XP Homeand XP Professsional) Most workstations use client 4.83 with no problem. Our primary use is a dos based program using a btrieve engine. Every machine is fundamentally working fine. I just bought a brand new workstation and downloaded client 4.9. I coudn't connect to the server. I ugraded to XP Pro and after much effort, I connected to the server. The problem is when I run the program with the btreive engine, it always freezes up after a few minutes. Any advise? Help ...

Client 4.83 or 4.90 for XP connecting to NetWare 4.11 server error code 8804
I loaded the Novell Client for XP version 4.83 and also tried 4.90 but, as shown below, there seems to be a problem with the login script mappings. Results window displays: Your current context is FINGERMATE User: FM95 Context: FINGERMATE Your current tree is: Fingermate You are attached to server FM1. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/AR] The error code was 8804. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/I...

NetWare 4.2 to Windows XP
I have a NetWare 4.2 server and a Widows XP Professional Service Pack 2 server and I am trying to figure out a way to get these two servers to communicate with eachother without installing NetWare on the Windows XP server. I found the NetWare 4.2 manual in the documentation archive on Novell's website and I've looked through it a bit and haven't found anything. I searched other postings on this group and one other and didn't have much luck there either. I'm trying to do this because I want to move files from the NetWare machine to the Windows XP machine. If anyon...

Netware Client 4.83SP1 & 4.90SP1 Causes Blue Screens In Windows XP
We have a number of HP Compaq d530 desktop systems running Windows XP SP1 Professional. With virtually any image I can find or make for these models, I get a blue screen of death after installing the Netware client (both 4.83SP1 & 4.90SP1). In either case, the client is installed (including the remote control utility for Zenworks) and the machine reboots after the installation has completed. When the machine comes back up everything seems fine...until you log in. At that point, the machine will give a blue screen of death. All of these systems have Intel Extreme grap...

Client 4.83 Sp3 & Win XP Prof to Netware 4.10 Server
Hi Guys First time of posting, can anyone help me? We have a Netware 4.10 server (patched to latest) working fine with Win98 Pc's using Novell Client. All runs so fine you wouldn't believe it. Now trying to add some new workstation PC's, which have Win XP Professional SP2 on them. I'm using Novell Client 4.83 SP3 (seen that this is best to use from reading some of the posts for this type of configuration). We can get the machines to see the server fine, but we seem to have a couple of problems which I'd appreciate help/comments on. Periodically when logging...

Windows 95 netware client 3.4 with Netware 6.5?
Can I run Windows 95 with the Netware 3.4 client and still have access to the Netware 6.5 server? Thanks You should, best to ask in the netware.client.win9x forum. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) I'm doing it right now, as we speak ;-) have not found any problems with it, accessing 6.5, or other versions of NW. "John" <john@edd.com> wrote in message news:4IbFd.21509$Ei5.20047@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Can I run Windows 95 with the Netware 3.4 client and still have access to > the Net...

NetWare 4.1 Upgrade To NetWare 4.2
We are currently running a 25 user netware 4.1 with patches and need to upgrade to netware 4.2. Is this a patch? a new OS? Can this be downloaded and installed? John G. jagaman@adelphia.net The reason for the upgrade was so we could use Backup Exec 9 John A. Goodrich wrote: > We are currently running a 25 user netware 4.1 with patches and need to > upgrade to netware 4.2. Is this a patch? a new OS? Can this be > downloaded and installed? > > John G. > > jagaman@adelphia.net > You need to purchase Netware 4.2 with the appro...

Replacing a Netware 4 server with a NetWare 6 server...
I have been hired to set up a netware 6 server and transfer some data from an old nw4-server. It�s a quite simple environment, just file-sharing, printing and some simple policies... I have some questions and thoughts about it... I have most been working with Netware 4 and a bit with netware 5. What is the biggest differences with Netware 6? What sizes of volumes and partitions would you recommend on a netware 6 server? The old netware 4 server is running Zenworks starter pack with some policies and a few applications (for simple installation). How would they be affected ...

Netware client 4.6 4.7 and 4.8 with Netware 6.5?
Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware 6.5? As I'll be doing an upgrade and don't want to go around the workstations twice to configure them. Thanks > Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware > 6.5? You can run them but not sure without issues since some of those clients were not tested against NetWare6.5 -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) John, They *should* run okay, but there will have been no testing done with 4.6 or 4.7, and ...

49sp1, NetWare 4.2 and Windows Xp Pro
Hi, I installed 49sp1 client on Windows Xp Pro laptop my netware version is 4.2. Not able to log in, "tree and server not found". If I install de MS Cliente for netware, I am able to explore the server. I wonder if I am missing somethig. Need help, Thanks Luis, Make sure when you install the client you do it as a custom install, IPX only. If you're still having connection problems, make sure the laptop IPX frame type is set to match that of the server. -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch.net (Pleas...

Remove Netware Client 4.9 on Windows XP
I use a unattend.txt to do the install. Then I edit that file and add the DoRemove=YES and it looks like it works. But at the end I get a error saying: "The installation was not completed successfully". But if I reboot then it looks like everything is gone. I need some way of removing the client from about 800 workstations, and I would like some way of scripting it. I did a search on CoolSolutions and the knowledgebase and did not really come up with anything that helped. Thanks, Greg Marcom marcom@purdue.edu Technical Support Administrator Purdue University ...

Client Windows XP y Servidor Netware 4.11
Necesito hacer una consulta urgente, ya que disponemos de un Servidor Novell Netware 4.11 con Support Pack 9 y todo funciona correctamente con terminales Windows 98, pero al instalar terminales con Windows XP y el Novell Client 4.91 para Windows XP, no quiere hacer el login ya que no encuentra el Servidor o el �rbol. �Hay alguna incompatibilidad entre el Client 4.91 para XP y el Netware 4.11? �Que debo hacer, o donde me tengo que dirigir? A la espera de sus noticias. Gracias Gracias ya he visto que la respuesta estaba ya en el foro y que las recomendaciones son las qu...

Web resources about - Configuring an Windows XP client with a Netware 4.2 server - novell.support.netware.4x

Configuring Push Notifications
Describes the common workflows to develop, test, and distribute your app.

Installing and configuring Graphite
Here are some notes I jotted down while installing and configuring Graphite, which isn't a trivial task, although the official documentation ...

Configuring Android Data Binding Just Got Easier
The [Android Data Binding Guide](https://developer.android.com/tools/data-binding/guide.html) was recently updated with a new way to configure ...

Hands on: Configuring Apple's NetBoot service, Part 1
NetBoot allows admins to use the same network-based image for Macs throughout a network; here are some tips and tricks for making it work for ...

Configuring a secure Ubuntu Linux Virtual Private Server
... acid which is a web based application to be able to view snort alerts $ sudo apt-get install acidbase Select No when it prompts you for configuring ...

Custom Configuring Java Apps: Extending log4j
Creating an extended, server-side version of a log4j Logger that automatically configures itself and adds printf -like logging methods to the ...

T-Mobile networks start configuring themselves, thanks to Eden Rock
T-Mobile US has tapped Eden Rock Communications , a Seattle-area wireless networking startup, to add some self-awareness to its networks. Eden ...

Why NASA Is Re-Configuring Part of the International Space Station
NASA robotics flight controllers are preparing for moving day at the International Space Station.

Configuring two wireless routers with one SSID (network name) at home for free roaming
When we moved into the new house and setup the new home office a few years back, I posted about wiring the house for wired Cat-6 ethernet. I've ...