Trying to understand NPS

I am running a Novell SBS 6.0 SP4 server with NDPS running.  From the
books I have been reading, NDPS printers should show up in the NWADMIN
list.  I have no printers, I have the broker and manager objects.  I can
see the printers using the TOOLS -> Public Access NDPS printers under
NWADMIN. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Just wondering,
Ken@rlmrlm.com
0
ken
5/18/2004 6:50:47 PM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No, this is correct.  Public Access printers are viewed in this fashion.
You may be looking for Controlled Access printers which will show up in
NWAdmin under the context they are created.

<ken@rlmrlm.com> wrote in message
> I am running a Novell SBS 6.0 SP4 server with NDPS running.  From the
> books I have been reading, NDPS printers should show up in the NWADMIN
> list.  I have no printers, I have the broker and manager objects.  I can
> see the printers using the TOOLS -> Public Access NDPS printers under
> NWADMIN. Is there something I am doing wrong?
>
> Just wondering,
> Ken@rlmrlm.com

0
Elrey
5/18/2004 7:01:21 PM
> No, this is correct.  Public Access printers are viewed in this fashion.
> You may be looking for Controlled Access printers which will show up in
> NWAdmin under the context they are created.
>

> <ken@rlmrlm.com> wrote in message
> > I am running a Novell SBS 6.0 SP4 server with NDPS running.  From the
> > books I have been reading, NDPS printers should show up in the NWADMIN
> > list.  I have no printers, I have the broker and manager objects.  I
can
> > see the printers using the TOOLS -> Public Access NDPS printers under
> > NWADMIN. Is there something I am doing wrong?
> >
> > Just wondering,
> > Ken@rlmrlm.com

Thank you for the reply.  Since everything is correct, my next question is
how do I install new drivers for the Public access printers?

Just wondering,
Ken@rlmrlm.com
0
ken
5/18/2004 7:14:49 PM
> > No, this is correct.  Public Access printers are viewed in this
fashion.
> > You may be looking for Controlled Access printers which will show up in
> > NWAdmin under the context they are created.
> >

> > <ken@rlmrlm.com> wrote in message
> > > I am running a Novell SBS 6.0 SP4 server with NDPS running.  From the
> > > books I have been reading, NDPS printers should show up in the
NWADMIN
> > > list.  I have no printers, I have the broker and manager objects.  I
> can
> > > see the printers using the TOOLS -> Public Access NDPS printers under
> > > NWADMIN. Is there something I am doing wrong?
> > >
> > > Just wondering,
> > > Ken@rlmrlm.com
> >

> Thank you for the reply.  Since everything is correct, my next question
is
> how do I install new drivers for the Public access printers?
>
> Just wondering,
> Ken@rlmrlm.com
I found a TID10014100 that explains how to update the driver, but I am
unable to browse to a location that I unzipped the driver to.  What am I
doing wrong?

Just wondering,
Ken@rlmrlm.com
0
ken
5/18/2004 8:56:32 PM
Did you start NWAdmin with /disabletlsmgr ?
See
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10054369.htm

Joerg
0
Joerg
5/19/2004 5:56:16 AM
> Did you start NWAdmin with /disabletlsmgr ?
> See
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10054369.htm
>
> Joerg
Thank you for the reply.
Thats what it was. Now the question is what does that do?

Just wondering,
Ken@rlmrlm.com
0
ken
5/19/2004 12:57:00 PM
Unfortunately I can�t find any explanation to this parameter.

Joerg
0
Joerg
5/19/2004 1:32:31 PM
> Unfortunately I can�t find any explanation to this parameter.
>
> Joerg
Thats OK.  I was just wondering.

Thank you for the help,
Ken@rlmrlm.com
0
ken

support/what support
Name: William Johnson Email: william0992atsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: support/what support Comments: your support? department for Firefox issues is nothing but a circular maze of unbelievably confusing information that is of no use for the layman and I would dump this piece of trash if I didn't need it for certain websites. I don't know how to reprogram the many bugs or fix the many websites broken by this thing and its "error console" with no directions as to what to do with it. What is it's purpose if there is no help function for it? ...

trying and trying
Name: otto de koningh Email: ottodotdedotkoninghatskynetdotbe Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: trying and trying Comments: what a weird robot !! please refrain from using these horrendous figures i like the motorcycle though shown on the add-ons page i am having trouble because there is an unknown dump on firefox - never encountered this ! your browser is otherwise top of the bill !! from Firefox Setup 1.5.0.3 onwards in May 2006 Firefox has become a true companion ! now with Firefox Setup 3.0 RC1 i have error reports ! how come ? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (...

Do you think Embarcadero support is bad?? You must try FastReports support!
If you think Embarcadero support is bad... you probably have never needed support from FastReports... Which is the WORST from all Thirdy Party components we have ever purchased (Yes, we have purchased the complete FastReports suite) I see many people here complaining about Embarcadero support, but at least in Brazil I can call them and they will help me... and regarding bugs I have already filled some QC reports that were all fixed in newer versions... but I have some open bugs in FastReports bug system which I have NEVER received a single reply as "We are working on it"... Anothe...

Trying to understand...
Someone just hit me over 70 times inside 3 minutes on TCP ports over 63700 from 200.192.240.8. I dropped my connection and picked up a new IP, but is there really anything other than an attempt to invade my box that this kind of activity could be? Just trying to get an education... nospam@myaddress.com wrote: > > Someone just hit me over 70 times inside 3 minutes on TCP ports over > 63700 from 200.192.240.8. I dropped my connection and picked up a new > IP, but is there really anything other than an attempt to invade my box > that this kind of activity could be? J...

Trying to understand
Ok, I'm been trying to understand the new ADO.net thing, and it seems pretty simple, as long as your using databound controls.Unfortunatly, I have a lot of pages that I can just ad a grid view to and make the things look right, so I'm trying to understand how to programatically access ADO.net.Below is an example of some of the simplest code I need to convert and any help would be aprreciated.set connectionToDatabase=server.createobject("adodb.connection")connectionToDatabase.connectiontimeout=60connectionToDatabase.open "DSN=ServiceCalls"set rc=server.CreateObject...

Trying to understand the basics
Hi, I'm trying to understand the basics about securing my pc. I have a good anti-virus updated daily and a good trojan cleaner. I have ZA, set to high security, I don't give automatic permission to anything. I've run various probes and tests from several sites and I am completely stealthed. The thing that puzzles me, but might be clear to someone in the know is this....I am connected to a website, so in theory I have an open port at this moment. Can someone with malicious intent slip into my pc through this open port while I am browsing just now? Sorry if this has been as...

Trying to understand TStringDynArray
I've been away from programming a while. While coding a simple project, I've come across TStringDynArray. The below code snippet I've entered magically works (I'm using XE4), no errors, no warnings, no hints. In the (distant) past, I recall having to set the length of a dynamic array. That's no longer needed? Am I creating some memory leak with the below code? No need to free up memory? Thanks, Bob Lincoln ================================================== procedure TForm1.btnZipFolderClick(Sender: TObject); var DirToZip: string; ZipLi...

Still trying to understand..
Hey fellow Linux users! Let me introduce myself to all of you, my name is Ben and I'm a recent Suse 11.0 installer/user/novice. Let me start by saying Linux is so amazing. I love the interface and its super stable and quick. I'd choose this over windows anyday! I recently got a little interested in linux about 3 years ago when one of my Compute teachers gave me a Live Knoppix Cd. And I thought it was the coolest thing ever. But I still have a little dificulty understanding how linux works. I mean I read alot of websites and everything but its still a little confusing to me....

Trying to understand Packages
Hi I am trying to make my first package and componet in CB2009 In the Project Manager it like this: AJ_Utils.bpl Build Con..... Requires: rtl.bpi Contains: AjDrives.cpp AjDrives.cpp AjDrives.h AJ_Utils.cpp AJ_Utils.res Shouldn't there be a .bpk ? there is only a AJ_Utils.cbproj in the help it says that the package project file is caled dpk, but in builder it should be bpk right ? and when I look in the AJ_Utils.cpp what is shown below is all there is shouldn't there be something like: USEUNIT("AjDrives.cpp"); USERES(&...

Trying to understand backup
I'm trying to figure out how a database backup works. Suppose I back up the database and transaction log, and truncate the log. The next day I back up just the log. A couple of days later I want to restore to the second backed-up version. I restore the first backup database and log, then run the engine with '-a' to apply changes from the second log. First, is that the correct procedure? Second, did I really need the first backup log to do that? In other words, if I back up a database and truncate the log, is there anything in the pre-truncate log that I need to rest...

Vista and support for NDPS
Hi, we are still using NDPS-printing(Zen-agent 6.5 sp2) and it works fine. Does anyone know if NDPS will be supported for Vista users ? Johann F Johann Folkestad wrote: >Does anyone know if NDPS will be supported for Vista users ? No. Novell has decided to only support iPrint for Vista and the iPrint for Vista is scheduled to arrive when OEsv2 gets released. There is however the following workaround solution which allows Vista users to print to NDPS printers: http://www.pcounter.com/nwPrintClient.html -- Marcel Cox http://support.novell.com/forums Thanks a lo...

Trying to understand what is this Error
I'm getting this error on my web site a bit  to often , and I have no idea why and what it is , On my local computer it has never happen , Can any one please explain what it is and where is the problem? And how I can fix it This is the Error :Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Pleas...

Trying to understand DLL.
Hi all,I have my application in 2.0 in which i have two projects. Project1 and project2. In the bin folder of my project1 im referencing the project2 by using the project2.dll. i dont understand this paritcular points:->whenever i compile the project2, a debug folder is automatically created inside the bin folder of the project2. Inside the debug folder a project2.dll is automatically created.-> whenever i compile the project1, no debug folder is automatically created inside the bin folder of the project1.->So whenever i compile the project1 is aproject1.dll created? If so where is...

Trying to understand FormsAuthentication
First off, I'd like to note what a great resource this site is.  I've enjoyed browsing through it during my endevors of getting a handle on ASP2.0That being said, I'm working on setting up Forms Authentication on my site.  I'm a bit confused though.  Here's my setup:  I have certian parts of this site I'd like to have open to the public, no authentication necessary.  The option to login is always  going to be in my Master page as a custom form I created that authenticates with a sql database (this is functional).  As of right now authentication just redirec...

Web resources about - Trying to understand NPS - novell.support.ndps-neps

Resonate Social For Facebook Helps Advertisers Understand Users’ Motivations
Why do Facebook users make the decisions they make? Resonate wants to help advertisers find out, so the digital marketing outfit launched Resonate ...

Facebook PMD Gigya releases Consumer Insights to better understand user identities
... allows marketers to easily query Gigya’s Identity Storage database and tie identity information with key performance indicators to understand ...

Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news on the App Store ...
Get Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and ...

All sizes - Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply ...

"Understands" - YouTube
If Mitt Romney wins, the middle class loses. (Priorities USA Action is responsible for the content of this advertising)

Scientists continue search to understand Mers
The Mers coronavirus continues to confound scientists. To better understand the disease and determine where it comes from, a new project set ...

Explainer Video of the Day: Author John Green Helps You Understand Boko Haram
... in the news, but the situation in Nigeria with the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram often gets overlooked and can be difficult to understand. ...

Businesses don't understand FTAs, so how will they deal with the TPP?
The government is keen to negotiate free trade agreements to bolster economic activity, but new research shows it has its work cut out to educate ...