the Printer error (NDPS Printer Error)

hello

I got some problems of installing Printer.

the enviornment is like below.

- Client 4.83 Sp1
- NetWare 5.1 Sp4
- ZenWorks 3.2 Sp1
- Printer : Hp LaserJet 6P
            Hp DeskJet 5600
- OS : Windows2000 WorksStation

Now, the state of Tcp/Ip Print Server Service is 'Start' and 'Auto', and
Novell Distributed Print Service is On.

I intended to install the remote print on the Windows2000 WorkStation.
After installing, I expected the message 'idle'.
However, it`s occured 'idle>error printing or print not connected'.
But, the printers on the Jetdirect Print Server are working very well.

don`t know why it`s not going on what I expected..

if there is somebody who can help or give me some recommandation,
then please let me know..

hope everything goes well.

0
yykim
9/2/2004 1:17:49 AM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yykim,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:  http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Ndps remote printer management error , Cannot remotely install printers
Hi I have a netware 6 server sp4. Ndps Broker, and manager installed. client 4.90sp2. Cannot Push a printer using "ndps Remote printer management" get error "Refreshing group:\\tree\ (ou's the user is associated with)" "this object does not have remote printer management installed/setup" The above 2 x line keeps comming up with each OU group the user is associated with. I have tried the 4.80sp2 client but the errors are not visable" Thanks in advance Nick Could you please describe exactly how you configured remote printer manag...

NDPS printer error
When checking the Properties of a Win2k printer, I get the fol: "Device settings cannot be displayed. The driver for the specified printer ins not installed. Only spooler properties will be displayed. Do you want to install the driver now?" Clicking YES to this message starts the printer wizard, NO takes you to the properties. Running NW5.1 SP7 Thanks Marc what version of the NW client are you running on this machine? Does it happen on ALL W2K machines? http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10027228.htm http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/sear...

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

NDPS Printer Agent Error
I am new to the NDPS world so pardon if I say something wrong. I am setting up a new test system to test NDPS. When I go to create the agent I get the following error. Unable to query the print server description or model Does anyone have and idea of what this means. I am running NW51sp6. I am going to guess that you are getting that error creating the Printer Agent using NWAdmin and you are at the question of "Printer Type". If I am correct, then I suggest you choose the printer type of "None" and simply click OK with the defaults. If you are g...

Print error after installing NDPS printer
I've installed a Sharp copier/printer within NDPS. After the right procedure and installing the driver the printer is "on line" only for 5 seconds, then it gives the error "interrupt by user is necessary" Don't know where too look. . . . Anyone ? Thanks . . g.a.p.moggre@versatel.nl wrote: > I've installed a Sharp copier/printer within NDPS. > After the right procedure and installing the driver > the printer is "on line" only for 5 seconds, then it gives > the error "interrupt by user is necessary" Don't know...

new ndps printer and error message
LS. We have a client running Netware 6.5 and NDPS (NDPSM.NLM version 3.0.11) with 8 printers. We have added the 9th printer but this will NOT show up at the workstations after reboot. On the Novell server NDPS manager the following error message appears: 2-14-08 2:33:55 pm, Error (-672) was returned, Operation "Get Effective Rights". Replica on server 'Name_server', Object Name: .OBJECT_NAME What does this mean, how can we solve this? Restart NDPS manager? Dirk Check the following: http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/Solutions/10100360.html -- Mar...

Error -305 ceating NDPS printer
Hi all. Nothing that I know about has changed in the last week and I'm 1 of 2 novell guys and the other guy has not done anything either. I can no longer create NDPS printers on one of my NDPS servers. I just get -305 errors each time I click on the NDPS printer after creation. I don't have any problems creating printers on my other NDPS servers. I'm running NW6.5 SP1.1. Anybody else see this. I've tried from different Novell Client versions also. ***OOPS UPDATE*** I updated my NW Client to 4.9 SP2, thought I rebooted and tested. Must not have rebooted befor...

Cannot create NDPS printer
Hello, I'm trying to create a NDPS controlled access printer. Every time I right-click the container, and select "NDPS Printer" I can enter the name, Manger name, and Gateway type and when I click OK after a bit I get the message "The Printer Agent you tried to create cannot find a Resource Management Service. Make sure a Resource Management Service is running in your Directory tree, then try again. Message number: 805" NwAdmin reports the broker as loaded, and I can go to the server console and see that the broker is loaded, and the servers can ping ...

Error 1026 creating NDPS printer...
Novell Netware 6sp3, NDPS Manager v3.01a: during the creation of an NDPS printer object, I received the following error: "Error 1026-Netware Administrator. Unknown object type. Error code: 0:-601". The printer agent appeared within the NDPS manager, but the object could not be created. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Mike LeClerc North Shore Community College Lynn, MA Pls post this in the ndps-neps forum, thx. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opini...

explorer error using NDPS printer
I just installed my first NDPS printer. I downloaded the lateset driver for the HPLJ5si MX and added it to the RMS. I set the printer to use it and when I logged in it pushed to the workstation without errors. When I try to use it I get an explorer.exe error and it fails. This happens under w2k and XP. I tried to switch to the generic HPLJ5si driver with the same results. Any ideas what is causing this? How can I determine if this is an NDPS or driver error? > I just installed my first NDPS printer. I downloaded the lateset driver for > the HPLJ5si MX a...

Error 1026 creating NDPS printer...
Novell Netware 6sp3, NDPS Manager v3.01a: during the creation of an NDPS printer object, I received the following error: "Error 1026-Netware Administrator. Unknown object type. Error code: 0:-601". The printer agent appeared within the NDPS manager, but the object could not be created. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. First try running DSREPAIR. Make sure we're not fighting a problem with DS. -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] > First try running DSREPAIR. Make sure we're not fighting a problem > with DS. > > -- > -Barr...

NDPS Library Error when managing printer
I have a NW65sp5 server that everytime you go to manage a printer in iManager it comes up with the following error. They print fine just can't manage them. Exception reading printer control NDPS Library Error Category: 100000Dh Other Error: 8915h Any ideas? Kevin What platform are you running iManager on? - the same NetWare server that is running NDPS/iPrint? - a different NetWare server? - a different server OS? - iManager mobile on a workstation? You should be aware of the following requirements to be able to manage iPrint through iManager:...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

Error setting up some NDPS printers on XP SP3
We are running Pcounter 5.29c on a NW 6.5 SP6 server. When we try to set up some of the printers on Windows XP SP3 work station we are getting the following error message. Windows cannot connect to the printer. The network address is invalid. We have tried the Novell client 4.91 SP4 and 4.91 SP5. We get the same error message with both versions. I am bale to set up one of the same printers on my PC with Windows XP SP with the Novell Client 4.91 SP5. -- n_kerr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I jsut solved the problem. ...

Web resources about - the Printer error (NDPS Printer Error) - novell.support.ndps-neps

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Review: da Vinci Jr budget 3D printer
The da Vinci Jr makes 3D printing more affordable than ever, but it's a long way from the Star Trek replicator-style precision instrument you ...

Review: The da Vinci 1.0 Pro 3D printer reaches for the higher end
When XYZprinting unveiled its da Vinci 1.0 Professional 3D printer in September, it touted the fact that the printer could used third-party 1.75mm ...

Consumer Technology Association Chief Talks Up Drones, 3D Printers, And Driverless Cars: CES
... electronics business, based on Consumer Technology Association chief Gary Shapiro’s opening remarks at the annual CES confab. Drones, 3D printers, ...

See how a Disney Infinity figure is made, and by proxy, a terrifying 3D printer process
... details added in afterward. But the real magic is found in the middle of the video, where it shows Olaf rising from the depths of the 3D printer ...