push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #4

Barry,

When you have to set up 50 printers again,  how do you handle the printer
setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS
can push these details to the workstation as per your selection.  In my case
I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer
has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well.   I import the HP
driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton.  But I found that the NDPS
printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up.  In other words
I have to go all workstation to individually set them up.  What a huge job?
Any idea.  Is there any way to set it up in printer agent instead of setting
these details in each workstation.

Regards
Wai CHU

0
Wai
2/25/2005 2:59:03 PM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #3
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #2
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

Default printer NDPS not set to the default printer
Hi. We have a NW51SP6 environment. In the user object we have defined a default ndps printer. After changing the clients from local login to AD/domain login, they get another default printer every time they login. Client is 4.83 SP2 with PSP2. Any idea? Magne Magne, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_...

Hi. We have a NW51SP6 environment. In the user object we have defined a default ndps printer. After changing the clients from local login to AD/domain login, they get another default printer every time they login. Client is 4.83 SP2 with PSP2. Any idea? Magne Magne, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_...

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

Printer is a Printer
Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? Our application requires that once a button is press, we print a form and the client signs it. We display a dialog allowing you to pick a printer, but the printer list contains, 'non-printers'. And we do not want to show them. I realize that this may not be possible, but I have to ask. Thanks Edwin, > Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? > > Our application requires that once a button is press, we prin...

the Printer error (NDPS Printer Error)
hello I got some problems of installing Printer. the enviornment is like below. - Client 4.83 Sp1 - NetWare 5.1 Sp4 - ZenWorks 3.2 Sp1 - Printer : Hp LaserJet 6P Hp DeskJet 5600 - OS : Windows2000 WorksStation Now, the state of Tcp/Ip Print Server Service is 'Start' and 'Auto', and Novell Distributed Print Service is On. I intended to install the remote print on the Windows2000 WorkStation. After installing, I expected the message 'idle'. However, it`s occured 'idle>error printing or print not connected'. But, the printe...

how to move printers from a dead NDPS printer
Hello, we're having some problems with one of our NetWare 6.0 sp5 servers running NDPS. We will be doing some work on it, but before we can begin, we need to have a plan for the printers, should the server never come back up. Has anyone had experience with or can anyone point me to a TID that covers this please? I looked on Novell's web site, but couldn't find anything. Thanks, Mari In theory, you should be able to load the NDPS Manager on a different server. The NDPS Manager database is regularly backed up to the NDS, and when loading the NDPS Manager on a...

IPX printer to IP printers NDPS
We have our printers running IPX And they are also assigned IP address - The IP address is running of HP Printer server boxes - We want to move all our printer of IPX - to Pure IP still using the HP Print server boxes - To use the IP for multiple printers What steps do we need to take to make this happen? Thanks we run NW 5.2 SP6 Nagata, > We have our printers running IPX I assume that you are using legacy print queues in NDS that are polled by the print servers. The print servers then sends the print job to the printer. What you need to do is ...

NDPS-Printer as LPTx-Printer at a Workstation?
Hi all, there is a possibility to create and distribute a NDPS-Printer that is connected on a LPT-port at a workstation? See http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10060125.htm "Arthur R." wrote: > Hi all, > there is a possibility to create and distribute a NDPS-Printer that is connected on a LPT-port at a workstation? -- Craig Wilson CNE3, 4, 5 - MCSE - CCNA NSC Sysop (http://support.novell.com/forums/) Tech Writer - http://www.ithowto.com (I Peter 4:10) Thanks for quick response Craig, but it is not what I need. I have a proble...

Printer.Printers does not show all installed printers
I use this code with Delphi 2007: for I := 0 to Pred(Printer.Printers.Count) do Listbox1.items.add(Printer.Printers[I]); I have a customer that has a Xerox Phaser printer installed which is his default printer but it does not show in the list. He is using Windows 7, 64bit. Anyone have an idea as to why this might happen ? Thanks JT ...

Web resources about - push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #4 - novell.support.ndps-neps

Inside iOS 9: HomeKit Gains Simpler Set Up, Pre-Defined Scenes, Triggers and More
... always clear, especially to users who are new to HomeKit. In iOS 9, scenes are more straightforward because developers can add four pre-defined ...

Bug: Google Maps Local Business Center Requires Selecting Pre-Defined Category?
A Google Maps Help thread has several business owners complaining that they keep getting an error from the Google Local Business Center category ...

Palin and the Press: Symbiosis Defined
Palin and the press are in mutual love, despite protestations to the contrary.

defined corp News & Press Releases - PR Newswire
Take a look at the latest defined corp news releases distributed by PRNewswire from multimedia press releases to investor relations and disclosure. ...