Printers Printers Printers!!

Hi All,

I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set.  However, I
another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer
set??

I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4.  Can I force the default for that
particular room each time?

Examples would be of great assistance...;-)

Many thanks.
0
dphilips
4/5/2004 6:44:04 AM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go
to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set
as default.
0
pimpdog

Printer is a Printer
Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? Our application requires that once a button is press, we print a form and the client signs it. We display a dialog allowing you to pick a printer, but the printer list contains, 'non-printers'. And we do not want to show them. I realize that this may not be possible, but I have to ask. Thanks Edwin, > Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? > > Our application requires that once a button is press, we prin...

Printer.Printers does not show all installed printers
I use this code with Delphi 2007: for I := 0 to Pred(Printer.Printers.Count) do Listbox1.items.add(Printer.Printers[I]); I have a customer that has a Xerox Phaser printer installed which is his default printer but it does not show in the list. He is using Windows 7, 64bit. Anyone have an idea as to why this might happen ? Thanks JT ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #3
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #2
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #4
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

Printer.Printers not showing all redirected client printers.
A user is having an issue in a terminal server environment in that not all the users local printers are being shown within our XE2 application, specifically a label printer called a Monarch 9825. Our application uses Printer.Printers to populate a dropdown of selectable printers. To see what was happening I created a simple test app that populated 3 lists using the Printer.Printers method, dxPrintDevice.Printers using the DevExpress suite, and EnumPrinters using PrinterInfo2. I also had 3 buttons that ran TPrinterDialog.Execute, TPrinterSetupDialog.Execute and TdxPrintDialog.Execute. Whe...

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

NDPS-Printer as LPTx-Printer at a Workstation?
Hi all, there is a possibility to create and distribute a NDPS-Printer that is connected on a LPT-port at a workstation? See http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10060125.htm "Arthur R." wrote: > Hi all, > there is a possibility to create and distribute a NDPS-Printer that is connected on a LPT-port at a workstation? -- Craig Wilson CNE3, 4, 5 - MCSE - CCNA NSC Sysop (http://support.novell.com/forums/) Tech Writer - http://www.ithowto.com (I Peter 4:10) Thanks for quick response Craig, but it is not what I need. I have a proble...

how to move printers from a dead NDPS printer
Hello, we're having some problems with one of our NetWare 6.0 sp5 servers running NDPS. We will be doing some work on it, but before we can begin, we need to have a plan for the printers, should the server never come back up. Has anyone had experience with or can anyone point me to a TID that covers this please? I looked on Novell's web site, but couldn't find anything. Thanks, Mari In theory, you should be able to load the NDPS Manager on a different server. The NDPS Manager database is regularly backed up to the NDS, and when loading the NDPS Manager on a...

IPX printer to IP printers NDPS
We have our printers running IPX And they are also assigned IP address - The IP address is running of HP Printer server boxes - We want to move all our printer of IPX - to Pure IP still using the HP Print server boxes - To use the IP for multiple printers What steps do we need to take to make this happen? Thanks we run NW 5.2 SP6 Nagata, > We have our printers running IPX I assume that you are using legacy print queues in NDS that are polled by the print servers. The print servers then sends the print job to the printer. What you need to do is ...

the Printer error (NDPS Printer Error)
hello I got some problems of installing Printer. the enviornment is like below. - Client 4.83 Sp1 - NetWare 5.1 Sp4 - ZenWorks 3.2 Sp1 - Printer : Hp LaserJet 6P Hp DeskJet 5600 - OS : Windows2000 WorksStation Now, the state of Tcp/Ip Print Server Service is 'Start' and 'Auto', and Novell Distributed Print Service is On. I intended to install the remote print on the Windows2000 WorkStation. After installing, I expected the message 'idle'. However, it`s occured 'idle>error printing or print not connected'. But, the printe...

NDPS Default Printer overridden by local printer
Hi, NDPS 3.01j NW 6.5sp2 Win2k sp4 & WINNT Sp6a Workstations. We have a problem where 'local' printers insist on setting themselves as the default printer regardless of the fact that an NDPS delivered printer is actually toggled as the default. The NDPS printers are mainly HP 4000/4050. We've tried the latest HP drivers and also back rev'd them just in case but to no avail. We also have a problem where Canon photocopier drivers insist on being set as default even when a HP 4000/4050 is toggled as default on the same printer policy. We often deliver ...

One NDPS Printer, multiple physical printers
Ok, I did something foolish-- implemented a quick fix I found here in the forums or elsewhere to solve an immediate problem and didn't document it. Now I'm going back to document the setup and can't find the original source for the info--may have been the old forum, which is now history. anyway, the setup is this: NW51SP7 client has 40 workstations and 3 identical printers, wanted to balance print load between the 3 printers but wanted printers installed via NDPS so users would not have to mess with drivers or selecting one of the three printers for their job. I set...

Web resources about - Printers Printers Printers!! - novell.support.ndps-neps

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Review: da Vinci Jr budget 3D printer
The da Vinci Jr makes 3D printing more affordable than ever, but it's a long way from the Star Trek replicator-style precision instrument you ...

JAYVEE NEWS: ISIS May Have Syrian Passport Printer
By Russ Reed The Islamic State may have gotten a passport printer, and could be using it to send militants into the United States carrying Syrian ...

Review: M3D's Micro 3D Printer fits in a backpack, quiet as a mouse
You get what you pay for. With M3D's Micro 3D Printer, you get a well-made machine that's constrained in what it can make by its smaller-than-a-breadbox ...

What Apple’s 3-D printer could look like: a Makerbot G4 Cube
Last week, a weird patent filing suggested Apple might be making a color 3-D printer. Now, the best Apple concept designer in the business, Martin ...