Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties

We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F.  All client computer are
Windows
2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by
ZenWorks
3.2 Workstation policys which work fine.  We want to use Printer
Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP

LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's.  On some workstations this is fine as
the
printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not
there
and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied.  I have

ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS

database.  Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Any help would be much appreciated.

novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

R,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response
to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated
reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the
following options:

- Do a search of our knowledgebase at
http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp
- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid
product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is
posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept
our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our
posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

No NDPS tabs in printer properties...
when logged in as a non-admin. If i log in as an admin, log out, log in as the user, they are there. Tried file/regmon but couldn't find anything. Explorer is loading ndpsprop.dll, so i think it must be some kind of regsetting which prohibits the showing of the tabs. Anyone know which one? ....and found it. As a secure user, the regkey HKLM\Novell\SessionSettings\NWLANGUAGE(SZ)=ENGLISH couldn't be created. And as we're using the dutch language version, it probably tried to load the dutch resource, which isn't available. So, simply setting this key resolved it. ...

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

Removing NDPS printer object
Having trouble with a NDPS printer. I can't run NDPS Manager because it hangs on initializing the printer. Can I delete the NDPS printer object and see if the NDPS manager comes up? I know that deleting the object only makes it a public access printer but will it let the manager boot up at least. Your help would be appreciated, thanks! Making the printer a public access printer makes no difference regarding the manager. he will still try to load the agent. How about restoring the ndps backup ? See this TID that descibes the steps. http://support.novell.com/cg...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #2
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #3
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #4
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

NDPS and printer properties
Is there any plans to support the configuration of adding of extra traps / duplexers etc. through NPDS? I know that there is an program called "printerproperties" or similar that adds support for these to NDPS but we just don't have the cash to pay for it! Thanks, -- Matt Hudson, Principle Network and Communications Officer, Burnley Borough Council. CNA 6/5/4, CNE 5/4. I would assist this. I like PrinterPropertiesPro, but it would be nice, if the functionality is included in NDPS. Joerg iPrint allows you to customise this a bit more BUT you ...

how to move printers from a dead NDPS printer
Hello, we're having some problems with one of our NetWare 6.0 sp5 servers running NDPS. We will be doing some work on it, but before we can begin, we need to have a plan for the printers, should the server never come back up. Has anyone had experience with or can anyone point me to a TID that covers this please? I looked on Novell's web site, but couldn't find anything. Thanks, Mari In theory, you should be able to load the NDPS Manager on a different server. The NDPS Manager database is regularly backed up to the NDS, and when loading the NDPS Manager on a...

the Printer error (NDPS Printer Error)
hello I got some problems of installing Printer. the enviornment is like below. - Client 4.83 Sp1 - NetWare 5.1 Sp4 - ZenWorks 3.2 Sp1 - Printer : Hp LaserJet 6P Hp DeskJet 5600 - OS : Windows2000 WorksStation Now, the state of Tcp/Ip Print Server Service is 'Start' and 'Auto', and Novell Distributed Print Service is On. I intended to install the remote print on the Windows2000 WorkStation. After installing, I expected the message 'idle'. However, it`s occured 'idle>error printing or print not connected'. But, the printe...

IPX printer to IP printers NDPS
We have our printers running IPX And they are also assigned IP address - The IP address is running of HP Printer server boxes - We want to move all our printer of IPX - to Pure IP still using the HP Print server boxes - To use the IP for multiple printers What steps do we need to take to make this happen? Thanks we run NW 5.2 SP6 Nagata, > We have our printers running IPX I assume that you are using legacy print queues in NDS that are polled by the print servers. The print servers then sends the print job to the printer. What you need to do is ...

NDPS-Printer as LPTx-Printer at a Workstation?
Hi all, there is a possibility to create and distribute a NDPS-Printer that is connected on a LPT-port at a workstation? See http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10060125.htm "Arthur R." wrote: > Hi all, > there is a possibility to create and distribute a NDPS-Printer that is connected on a LPT-port at a workstation? -- Craig Wilson CNE3, 4, 5 - MCSE - CCNA NSC Sysop (http://support.novell.com/forums/) Tech Writer - http://www.ithowto.com (I Peter 4:10) Thanks for quick response Craig, but it is not what I need. I have a proble...

One NDPS Printer, multiple physical printers
Ok, I did something foolish-- implemented a quick fix I found here in the forums or elsewhere to solve an immediate problem and didn't document it. Now I'm going back to document the setup and can't find the original source for the info--may have been the old forum, which is now history. anyway, the setup is this: NW51SP7 client has 40 workstations and 3 identical printers, wanted to balance print load between the 3 printers but wanted printers installed via NDPS so users would not have to mess with drivers or selecting one of the three printers for their job. I set...

Default printer NDPS not set to the default printer
Hi. We have a NW51SP6 environment. In the user object we have defined a default ndps printer. After changing the clients from local login to AD/domain login, they get another default printer every time they login. Client is 4.83 SP2 with PSP2. Any idea? Magne Magne, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_...

Web resources about - Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties - novell.support.ndps-neps

Arduino as a Pic Programmer!
Arduino as a Pic Programmer!

Tools - 8th Light
... Riak database provides a great MapReduce framework allowing you to execute complex queries, leveraging the parallel processing power of distibuted ...

Homepage
... Select from 5 different vehicles and 5 tracks and learn your basic numeracy skills. Developed to work on a very basic PC, this game is distibuted ...

Ultrasound Recording System
Avisoft Bioacoustics ultrasound recording equipment, bat detector, ultrasound microphone, ultrasonic microphone, ultrasound speaker, ultrasonic ...

11 x 14 toploader picture frame by Ultra PRO - dotpattern - collecting supplies
Display and protect your collection of lobby cards, posters and documents with the Ultra PRO toploaders from dotpattern - collecting supplies. ...

Ralph Johnstone
... (John Moisant, Ralph Johnstone,Arch Hoxsey and Charles Hamilton) were among the celebrities pictured onearly tobacco cards that were distibuted ...

Quality Assurance?
Page generated by EZWeb

Threat Description: Xombe
Xombe trojan downloader was sent to a large amount of people in the e-mail that looks like that: From: windowsupdate@microsoft.com Subject: ...

soshial/xdxf_makedict · GitHub
xdxf_makedict - XDXF dictionary format and "makedict" dictionary converting software (official repository)