One NDPS Printer, multiple physical printers

Ok, I did something foolish-- implemented a quick fix I found here in
the forums or elsewhere to solve an immediate problem and didn't
document it.  Now I'm going back to document the setup and can't find
the original source for the info--may have been the old forum, which
is now history.

anyway, the setup is this:
NW51SP7

client has 40 workstations and 3 identical printers, wanted to balance
print load between the 3 printers but wanted printers installed via
NDPS so users would not have to mess with drivers or selecting one of
the three printers for their job.  I set up an correctly named NDPS
printer but targeted it to print all jobs to a queue, then built
generic NDPS printers for the three printers and set them to service
the queue--NDPSM loaded with /Qloadbalance switch.  Users install one
NDPS printer and automatically get correct driver, their print jobs
end up showing up at one of the three printers (all sit
side-by-side--this is a lab setup with a need for everyone to print at
once and get documents in a hurry).  So far, pretty straightforward
setup--but in writing up the documentation I cannot remember why I
created a user called "QUser" within the OU holding the printer
agents.  Anyone else ever run across this info and remember why the
QUser is needed, or have a copy of the original post that held the
idea??

Thanks,

DeVern

0
DeVern
8/10/2004 4:14:45 AM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In order to forward jobs to a print queue, the NDPS manager has to
login as a user. All jobs printed through the NDPS printer will appear
as being printed by that user. You can use any user you want for
prnting, but creating a specific user for that task might be more
conveniant for security and auditing reasons.

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.16.3.1)
0

DeVern

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:59:42 GMT, "Marcel Cox" <cimetmc@myrealbox.com>
wrote:

>In order to forward jobs to a print queue, the NDPS manager has to
>login as a user. All jobs printed through the NDPS printer will appear
>as being printed by that user. You can use any user you want for
>prnting, but creating a specific user for that task might be more
>conveniant for security and auditing reasons.

0
DeVern

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

Map multiple printer objects to ONE physical printer
We use XP on our desktops. There is a critical legacy desktop app which is hard-coded to use a printer named "JOBPRINTER". Each user uses a shared network printer local to their area for all printing. In NDPS they have two printers showing, for example: some users would see HP-COLOR-3rdFLR (which they use for regular printing), and "JOBPRINTER", which is used by the legacy app. In reality, these two printers map back to the SAME physical printer. We are migrating to iPrint. As I understand (wrongly maybe), iPrint cannot map multiple printer objects back t...

2 physical printers servicing 1 NDPS printer...
Hi, Running NW 5.1sp6, - soon upgrading to NW6sp3. It is possible to make 2 printers service 1 print-queue, is the same possible when *talking* NDPS? Can 2 printers service 1 NDPS-printer? Thanks in advance, Christian Krabbe Yes, as in load balancing. That is, if one printer is busy or down, the other printer will service the PA. http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10063697.htm But if you want both printer to produce all output (duplicates), then the answer is no, it can't be done in NDPS. -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the the printer objects? Matt Markley Check this out: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10085365.htm -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] ...

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the printer objects? Matt Markley I've been unsuccessful in getting iPrint to work when the NDPS manager is on another server. So what I did was create another NDPS manager/broker on my iPrint server...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #3
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #2
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #4
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

how to move printers from a dead NDPS printer
Hello, we're having some problems with one of our NetWare 6.0 sp5 servers running NDPS. We will be doing some work on it, but before we can begin, we need to have a plan for the printers, should the server never come back up. Has anyone had experience with or can anyone point me to a TID that covers this please? I looked on Novell's web site, but couldn't find anything. Thanks, Mari In theory, you should be able to load the NDPS Manager on a different server. The NDPS Manager database is regularly backed up to the NDS, and when loading the NDPS Manager on a...

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

IPX printer to IP printers NDPS
We have our printers running IPX And they are also assigned IP address - The IP address is running of HP Printer server boxes - We want to move all our printer of IPX - to Pure IP still using the HP Print server boxes - To use the IP for multiple printers What steps do we need to take to make this happen? Thanks we run NW 5.2 SP6 Nagata, > We have our printers running IPX I assume that you are using legacy print queues in NDS that are polled by the print servers. The print servers then sends the print job to the printer. What you need to do is ...

NDPS-Printer as LPTx-Printer at a Workstation?
Hi all, there is a possibility to create and distribute a NDPS-Printer that is connected on a LPT-port at a workstation? See http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10060125.htm "Arthur R." wrote: > Hi all, > there is a possibility to create and distribute a NDPS-Printer that is connected on a LPT-port at a workstation? -- Craig Wilson CNE3, 4, 5 - MCSE - CCNA NSC Sysop (http://support.novell.com/forums/) Tech Writer - http://www.ithowto.com (I Peter 4:10) Thanks for quick response Craig, but it is not what I need. I have a proble...

Web resources about - One NDPS Printer, multiple physical printers - novell.support.ndps-neps

Code division multiple access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Code division multiple access ( CDMA ) is a channel access method used by various radio communication technologies. It should not be confused ...

Multiple sources raise serious questions about Hillary Clinton's physical health
Breitbart News reports that John Cardillo, a former NYPD officer who provided VIP security details, knows two sources (a federal agent and an ...

iOS 9.3 & watchOS 2.2 betas add ability to pair multiple Apple Watches with an iPhone
... sign that new Apple Watch hardware could be around the corner, Apple's newly released iOS 9.3 beta gives developers the ability to pair multiple ...

Multiple Jobholders Artificially Boost "Full-Time" Employment: Does the Sum of the Parts Equal the Whole ...
... pretty much confirms what I have said about Obamacare boosting part-time employment at the expense of full time jobs. Please consider Multiple ...

Munich Police: Islamic State Planned New Year’s Eve Attack with Multiple Suicide Bombers
Munich police warned of a “serious, imminent threat” by Islamic State group suicide bombers wanting to commit an attack on New Year’s Eve.

An insanely high percentage of people — about 42% — are seeing "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" multiple ...
With the enormous box office sales "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is generating, it's a good bet that many people are going back numerous times ...

The watchOS 2.2 beta lets devs pair multiple devices to one iPhone
... hands on the first beta for watchOS 2.2 today, and it reportedly contains a feature that has us a little confused: the ability to pair multiple ...

Watch Hero Philly Cop Get Shot Multiple Times And Then Give Chase
Watch Hero Philly Cop Get Shot Multiple Times And Then Give Chase

Killer Instinct's Season 3 will be playable at multiple events
If you're itching to try out Killer Instinct 's Season 3 before its release in March, you may get a chance pretty soon. According to the game's ...

Best Healthcare Benefit Practices for a Growing Company With Multiple Locations
An important part of culture and values for many emerging businesses has been the benefit package they provide for the team. For many businesses, ...