NDPS Printers to workstations

I need to deploy printers to imported workstations. I am having trouble
finding a successful way of accomplishing this through RPM. I have
assigned printers to a container which contains nothing but workstations,
but no luck. Works fine for users, groups, or even containers with users
or groups. My users move around to different locations all day long. I
need to distribute NDPS printers to workstations that way I can restrict
what workstations print to what printers. Can anyone help me out here.

Thanks in advance.
0
carlossanchez2
8/22/2005 6:34:02 AM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

carlossanchez2@cox.net wrote:
> I need to deploy printers to imported workstations. I am having trouble
> finding a successful way of accomplishing this through RPM. I have
> assigned printers to a container which contains nothing but workstations,
> but no luck. Works fine for users, groups, or even containers with users
> or groups. My users move around to different locations all day long. I
> need to distribute NDPS printers to workstations that way I can restrict
> what workstations print to what printers. Can anyone help me out here.
>
> Thanks in advance.

You can't do this with RPM - but you can with zenworks workstation
policies instead.

Deyan
0
Deyan
8/22/2005 7:41:28 AM
> but you can with zenworks workstation policies instead.

I have created a workstation policy package. I specified to install the
iPrint client to workstations. I also specified an iPrint printer to be
installed on the workstation. I gave the workstation container, read and
file scan rights to the ippdocs and resource directories. The iPrint
client installes fine, but the specified printer never installs. The
printer is an iPrint enabled printer.

Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance.
0
carlossanchez2
8/23/2005 1:51:10 AM
carlossanchez2@cox.net wrote:
>>but you can with zenworks workstation policies instead.
>

> I have created a workstation policy package. I specified to install the
> iPrint client to workstations. I also specified an iPrint printer to be
> installed on the workstation. I gave the workstation container, read and
> file scan rights to the ippdocs and resource directories. The iPrint
> client installes fine, but the specified printer never installs. The
> printer is an iPrint enabled printer.
>
> Any thoughts???
>
> Thanks in advance.

Which version of Zenworks? For distributing iPrint printers you need Zen
4 or later. Version 3.2 and earlier only support "classic" NDPS.
0
Deyan

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

NDPS-Printer as LPTx-Printer at a Workstation?
Hi all, there is a possibility to create and distribute a NDPS-Printer that is connected on a LPT-port at a workstation? See http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10060125.htm "Arthur R." wrote: > Hi all, > there is a possibility to create and distribute a NDPS-Printer that is connected on a LPT-port at a workstation? -- Craig Wilson CNE3, 4, 5 - MCSE - CCNA NSC Sysop (http://support.novell.com/forums/) Tech Writer - http://www.ithowto.com (I Peter 4:10) Thanks for quick response Craig, but it is not what I need. I have a proble...

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

NDPS Printers and workstations
Servers: nw 5.1, 6.0, 6.5 Clients: Win 98, 2000, XP edir 8.7.3.3, Zen4 I'm using NDPS printers for our schools. Currently when we add a new printer, we have to go around to each desktop and add the printer and driver. Is there a way to just "associate" the printer w/ the users in eDir and when the user logs on, it will connect the printer and install the drivers? If there is a TID, could you point me to it. Thanks. In NDPS there is the RPM(Remote Printer Management) that allows you to associate the printer with a container , group or user and push the pr...

ndps printer to workstation
How to associate a ndps printer to a group of workstations? Novell 6.5, zfd4 Pavle, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxe...

Removing NDPS printer object
Having trouble with a NDPS printer. I can't run NDPS Manager because it hangs on initializing the printer. Can I delete the NDPS printer object and see if the NDPS manager comes up? I know that deleting the object only makes it a public access printer but will it let the manager boot up at least. Your help would be appreciated, thanks! Making the printer a public access printer makes no difference regarding the manager. he will still try to load the agent. How about restoring the ndps backup ? See this TID that descibes the steps. http://support.novell.com/cg...

Removing NDPS Printers from Workstations
Hi, We are getting ready to move our NDPS printing from our old Netware 5.1 cluster and recreate it in our new Netware 6.0 cluster and would like to delete the current NDPS Printers from the workstations and then push the new. Does anyone know a simple way to remove the NDPS printers from the users workstation without having to visit each workstation? We did try the Netware Admin route using "tools" and "ndps remote printer management" and adding the printers to be removed, but that didn't seem to work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. ...

Workstation Groups and NDPS-printers
At the moment we assign NDPS printers through user-groups, which work fine. For the future we'd like to assign NDPS printers through Workstation Groups, assignment is possible in iManager (we use 2.02 at the moment), however, the printers are not distributed and no error message appears. We use NetWare 6SP5, NDPS Manager 3.01i, Broker 3.09, eDir 8.7.3.7, Zen7, windows XP SP2 workstations and Client 4.91 Thanks beforehand. Ariane van Heuven You are correct that will not work. We have taken this info and will visit it for the iPrint/RPM feature only. > At the moment we ...

Assoc NDPS printer to Workstations
NW5.1sp6 , Zenworks 4.0 edir 8.7.3 We are using NWAdmin from ZFD3 to see NDPS objects. I can associate NDPS to users but how can I assign directly to workstations / workstation groups? I know it works for iprint etc but trying to push the envelope with NDPS. Hopefully someone may have done this Cheers Ray try asking in the ndp-neps forum Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

Install NDPS printers to Workstations
Hi everyone. I know, I link printers to users, so that every time that user logs in to whatever workstation the printers are installed. What I need is to link NDPS printers to workstations, so that whatever user that logs in to that workstation has the NDPS printers installed. I have NetWare 6.5 and Zen.Works 4. Thanks in advance, TA. Since you have ZEN4 you are in luck. Rather than use RPM to distribute printers, create an iPrint Policy in ZEN. Then you can associate it to workstation objects instead of users. -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] That we ...

How to install NDPS printer on workstation
Hi what is the fastest and easiest way to install a new printer on a workstation ? I dont want to pass throw the add printer wizard everytimes Thanks Jac You can always go to the specific NDPS printer in NWAdmin go to the NDPS Remote Printer Management tab and check the Install to workstations in this container option. > Hi what is the fastest and easiest way to install a new printer on a > workstation ? > > I dont want to pass throw the add printer wizard everytimes > > Thanks > > Jac > > sys:\public\win3...

update workstation drivers on NDPS printers
We have Netware 6.5 and our printers are setup using NDPS. What is the best way to update the printer drivers on the workstations (Windows XP Pro)? I'm assuming the drivers on the workstations can be updated using either iManager or ZenWorks, but I don't know how to do it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.... -- ncharleyhog ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ncharleyhog, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. ...

Attached NDPS-Printer on Win98 Workstation
Hello, We have Small-Business 6.5. Attached Printers in Windows XP are running great with NDPS system. Attached NDPS-Printer on Windows98 workstation does not work. What is wrong? Is it possible to print in attached printer on Win98 workstaion with NDPS? Jos� Luis --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.788 / Virus Database: 533 - Release Date: 01/11/2004 Jos�, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered thi...

Web resources about - NDPS Printers to workstations - novell.support.ndps-neps

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

App Store - iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices!
Get iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Anthro workstation with World of Warcraft
That’s a Mac Pro and three Apple 27″ Displays, mounted to an Anthro Elevate Adjusta with a Monitors in Motion Boa monitor arm. Yes, running World ...

Citrix WinFrame 1.8 upgrade from Windows NT 3.51 Workstation - YouTube
This is my recording of doing an in place upgrade of the elusive Citrix WinFrame 1.8 version of Windows NT 3.51. I was able to do an in place ...

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Fusion-IO Brings Flash Madness To Workstations, And Movies Like 'Hugo'
... the founding member of the AllThingsD Flash Madness Club , last summer’s hot IPO , said today it is bringing its flash technology to workstations. ...