NDPS printer.

Hi,

I want to make a novell-printer that is printing to an IP-adress with
a HP
jetdirectcard in the printer. I want to be able to capture the printer
in
novell to a LPT-port.

Is that possible, and if - then how?

T.i.a.

/Ulf

ul@boston.dk

0
Ulf
8/1/2003 11:04:12 AM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes on Win95/98 clients either by going to the printers folder /
details and
capture or thru login script ex..
#CAPTURE L=1 Q=.NDPSPRINTER.OU.O
On Winnt/2000/XP I believe you will have to create a print queue
serviced by
the NDPS agent and capture it. Create a queue then go to the NDPS
printer
agent in nwadmin properties/jobs/spooling then tell it to service the
queue
you created, the client can then print to the queue or capture it.

Mark-
"Ulf Laursen" <mail@uhl-video.dk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to make a novell-printer that is printing to an IP-adress
with a HP
> jetdirectcard in the printer. I want to be able to capture the
printer in
> novell to a LPT-port.
>
> Is that possible, and if - then how?
>
> T.i.a.
>
> /Ulf
>
> ul@boston.dk

0
Mark
8/2/2003 4:46:24 PM

Mark Sullivan wrote:
> Yes on Win95/98 clients either by going to the printers folder /
details and
> capture or thru login script ex..
> #CAPTURE L=1 Q=.NDPSPRINTER.OU.O
> On Winnt/2000/XP I believe you will have to create a print queue
serviced by
> the NDPS agent and capture it. Create a queue then go to the NDPS
printer
> agent in nwadmin properties/jobs/spooling then tell it to service
the queue
> you created, the client can then print to the queue or capture it.

Or he oould use:
http://www.pcounter.com/dosprint.html

> Mark-
> "Ulf Laursen" <mail@uhl-video.dk> wrote in message
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I want to make a novell-printer that is printing to an IP-adress
with a HP
>>jetdirectcard in the printer. I want to be able to capture the
printer in
>>novell to a LPT-port.
>>
>>Is that possible, and if - then how?
>>
>>T.i.a.
>>
>>/Ulf
>>
>>ul@boston.dk

0
Deyan

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

Removing NDPS printer object
Having trouble with a NDPS printer. I can't run NDPS Manager because it hangs on initializing the printer. Can I delete the NDPS printer object and see if the NDPS manager comes up? I know that deleting the object only makes it a public access printer but will it let the manager boot up at least. Your help would be appreciated, thanks! Making the printer a public access printer makes no difference regarding the manager. he will still try to load the agent. How about restoring the ndps backup ? See this TID that descibes the steps. http://support.novell.com/cg...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #4
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #2
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #3
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

NDPS printer
I continue to run into problems after successfully setting up POS receipt printers at several point-of-sale workstations. After imaging a clean workstation with client 4.9.1 SP2, running a VPRO5 database, and setting up the receipt printer (queue-based), the printer prints successfully, both windows test page, and receipts from within the POS app. After one day, the windows test page will still print, but the VPRO5 receipts will not. After working with the software vendor, the app is sending a successful job, but it doesn't appear in the queue, and therefore they say Net...

NDPS Printers
Any quick ways to change the IP addresses of NDPS Printer? jpaluch@flagshipis.com, You can do it from the console. Go to the NDPS Manager screen, open up the agent list. Highlight and select the printer that you need to change. Go to Configuration|Configuration Uitlities. Select the Gateway you want to use an make the changes you need. When you're done, shutdown and restart the Printer Agent. -- //Niclas Ekstedt ____________________________________ Niclas Ekstedt, CNA, CNE, CNS Network Consultant/NSC Sysop InfraSystems Solutions AB ____________________________________ U...

NDPS printer
LS. We have a Novell server 6.5 (sp3) setup with NDPS and Windows 2000 / XP clients with Novell client 4.90 (sp2). All workstations received the NDPS printers. 1 (one) workstation has the problem that one of the NDPS printers will disappear after a while. In the windows event view we see this info: Printer \\server_name\INT2.CUR failed to initialize because a suitable HP laserjet 4100 PCL 6 driver could not be found. All the other workstations have the same NDPS printer BUT with the printer driver HP 4100 PCL 5. Why does this workstation referring to a PCL 6 driver? is this some...

NDPS printers
Is it possible to assign a driver (from the broker) to a NDPS printer that has already bee created ?? Using Netware 5.1 Sure...I had to do this very often - because I started installing all the printers to service queues only (so I didn't need drivers from NDPS;) Simply use NWAdmin and modify "Default configuration" inside NDPS printer object. Dirk <robert.barbour@eastdunbarton.gov.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:unE8c.9291$jb5.5744@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Is it possible to assign a driver (from the broker) to a NDPS printer that > has alrea...

NDPS Printers?
Servers: nw 5.1, 6.0, 6.5 Clients: Win 98, 2000, XP edir 8.7.3.3, Zen4 I'm using NDPS printers for our schools. Currently when we add a new printer, we have to go around to each desktop and add the printer and driver. Is there a way to just "associate" the printer w/ the users in eDir and when the user logs on, it will connect the printer and install the drivers? If there is a TID, could you point me to it. Thanks. Please ask in the NDPS forum. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) In NWadmin32, there...

NDPS Printer
wbowlin@wagonerps.org, Blank post -- //Niclas Ekstedt ____________________________________ Niclas Ekstedt, CNA, CNE, CNS Network Consultant/NSC Sysop InfraSystems Solutions AB ____________________________________ Using XanaNews 1.16.4.6 (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) ...

NDPS Printer
I am not familiar with NDPS priters. I have a group of users that could print to this printer on Monday. Monday night I applied SP6, now they can not print. This is the fourth server I did and I had no other issues with NDPS printers and SP6 It shows up disconnected/unavailable on their PC's. Can someone please give me some basic troubleshooting tips to try? Thanks in advance. Stu, > I am not familiar with NDPS priters. I have a group of users that could > print to this printer on Monday. Monday night I applied SP6, now they can > not print. This is the...

Web resources about - NDPS printer. - novell.support.ndps-neps

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $40, Nomad Apple Watch Stand $41, Samsung 48″ 4K UHDTV $500 ...
... us out on: Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Brother compact Laser printer: ...

In the Garden of 3D Printers
... (the long tube it uses as a mouth)." Of course, a very similar experiment could have been done using handmade model flowers—not 3D printers—and ...

Epson WorkForce WF-3640 All-in-One Printer Review
Epson recently released the WorkForce WF-3640 , another high-quality printer with all the bells and whistles that exist in higher capacity models, ...

Review: M3D's Micro 3D Printer fits in a backpack, quiet as a mouse
You get what you pay for. With M3D's Micro 3D Printer, you get a well-made machine that's constrained in what it can make by its smaller-than-a-breadbox ...