NDPS printer

Hallo everyone.

In our Novell based network we have the folowing problem.

Some users are getting right to use the NDPS printers via group
membership,
but they are not able to use them until I give them the same rights
via the
user object also.
Kan someone tell me what is happening here.

Wah�

0
Wah
7/15/2003 7:19:33 AM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Wah�,
check the agent object. It will allow you to grant rights via the
security tab to users, groups and ou's rather than using another extra

object.

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Forums Sysop

"Generosity. Be generous with your time, with your love, with your
life.
... Be generous, always."
Mark Greene in "On the Beach"

0
Kai

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

Removing NDPS printer object
Having trouble with a NDPS printer. I can't run NDPS Manager because it hangs on initializing the printer. Can I delete the NDPS printer object and see if the NDPS manager comes up? I know that deleting the object only makes it a public access printer but will it let the manager boot up at least. Your help would be appreciated, thanks! Making the printer a public access printer makes no difference regarding the manager. he will still try to load the agent. How about restoring the ndps backup ? See this TID that descibes the steps. http://support.novell.com/cg...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #4
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #2
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #3
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

NDPS printer.
Hi, I want to make a novell-printer that is printing to an IP-adress with a HP jetdirectcard in the printer. I want to be able to capture the printer in novell to a LPT-port. Is that possible, and if - then how? T.i.a. /Ulf ul@boston.dk Yes on Win95/98 clients either by going to the printers folder / details and capture or thru login script ex.. #CAPTURE L=1 Q=.NDPSPRINTER.OU.O On Winnt/2000/XP I believe you will have to create a print queue serviced by the NDPS agent and capture it. Create a queue then go to the NDPS printer agent in nwadmin properti...

NDPS Printers
Any quick ways to change the IP addresses of NDPS Printer? jpaluch@flagshipis.com, You can do it from the console. Go to the NDPS Manager screen, open up the agent list. Highlight and select the printer that you need to change. Go to Configuration|Configuration Uitlities. Select the Gateway you want to use an make the changes you need. When you're done, shutdown and restart the Printer Agent. -- //Niclas Ekstedt ____________________________________ Niclas Ekstedt, CNA, CNE, CNS Network Consultant/NSC Sysop InfraSystems Solutions AB ____________________________________ U...

NDPS printers
Is it possible to assign a driver (from the broker) to a NDPS printer that has already bee created ?? Using Netware 5.1 Sure...I had to do this very often - because I started installing all the printers to service queues only (so I didn't need drivers from NDPS;) Simply use NWAdmin and modify "Default configuration" inside NDPS printer object. Dirk <robert.barbour@eastdunbarton.gov.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:unE8c.9291$jb5.5744@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Is it possible to assign a driver (from the broker) to a NDPS printer that > has alrea...

NDPS Printers?
Servers: nw 5.1, 6.0, 6.5 Clients: Win 98, 2000, XP edir 8.7.3.3, Zen4 I'm using NDPS printers for our schools. Currently when we add a new printer, we have to go around to each desktop and add the printer and driver. Is there a way to just "associate" the printer w/ the users in eDir and when the user logs on, it will connect the printer and install the drivers? If there is a TID, could you point me to it. Thanks. Please ask in the NDPS forum. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) In NWadmin32, there...

NDPS Printer
wbowlin@wagonerps.org, Blank post -- //Niclas Ekstedt ____________________________________ Niclas Ekstedt, CNA, CNE, CNS Network Consultant/NSC Sysop InfraSystems Solutions AB ____________________________________ Using XanaNews 1.16.4.6 (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) ...

NDPS Printer
I am not familiar with NDPS priters. I have a group of users that could print to this printer on Monday. Monday night I applied SP6, now they can not print. This is the fourth server I did and I had no other issues with NDPS printers and SP6 It shows up disconnected/unavailable on their PC's. Can someone please give me some basic troubleshooting tips to try? Thanks in advance. Stu, > I am not familiar with NDPS priters. I have a group of users that could > print to this printer on Monday. Monday night I applied SP6, now they can > not print. This is the...

Web resources about - NDPS printer - novell.support.ndps-neps

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $40, Nomad Apple Watch Stand $41, Samsung 48″ 4K UHDTV $500 ...
... us out on: Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Brother compact Laser printer: ...

In the Garden of 3D Printers
... (the long tube it uses as a mouth)." Of course, a very similar experiment could have been done using handmade model flowers—not 3D printers—and ...

JAYVEE NEWS: ISIS May Have Syrian Passport Printer
By Russ Reed The Islamic State may have gotten a passport printer, and could be using it to send militants into the United States carrying Syrian ...

Epson WorkForce WF-3640 All-in-One Printer Review
Epson recently released the WorkForce WF-3640 , another high-quality printer with all the bells and whistles that exist in higher capacity models, ...