NDPS and printer properties

Is there any plans to support the configuration of adding of extra
traps /
duplexers etc. through NPDS?  I know that there is an program called
"printerproperties" or similar that adds support for these to NDPS but
we
just don't have the cash to pay for it!

Thanks,
--
Matt Hudson,
Principle Network and Communications Officer,

0
Matt
5/8/2003 1:41:41 PM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I would assist this. I like PrinterPropertiesPro, but it would be
nice, if the functionality is included in NDPS.

Joerg

0
Joerg
5/9/2003 5:54:04 AM
iPrint allows you to customise this a bit more BUT you get a new set
of
problems - although the new client 1.06 is out so....  To add your own

settings you will need to create your own map files, then you can add
Page
size and duplex unit stuff etc.

PrinterPropertiesPro is neat, but you have to pay for it.. but its
worth it.

We will be starting to use iPrint and get away from the old style of
printing - saves on the network chatter and headaches of conventional
printing.

Good luck.

0
BeYuch
5/9/2003 6:47:57 AM
Can you elaborate on some of the problems you are experiencing?  We
have just recently deployed NDPS printing utilizing queues, and phase
two is to eliminate those queues.

Do you have any references to documentation about configuring things
like duplex/envelope feeders.  Also, is there a way to give the
printer a name other than what it's given when installed via RPM
(printeragent.contex on TREE)

Your help is appreciated,
Matt

>>> BeYuch<Jason.Rooth@nre.vic.gov.au> 5/9/2003 12:47:57 AM >>>
iPrint allows you to customise this a bit more BUT you get a new set
of
problems - although the new client 1.06 is out so....  To add your own

settings you will need to create your own map files, then you can add
Page
size and duplex unit stuff etc.

PrinterPropertiesPro is neat, but you have to pay for it.. but its
worth it.

We will be starting to use iPrint and get away from the old style of
printing - saves on the network chatter and headaches of conventional
printing.

Good luck.

0
Matthew
5/9/2003 9:19:03 PM
If they are postscript printers you can edit the PPD file in the
driver
resource. Of course, that means you printers can't haver variances
within
the models. This lets you set up duplexing, trays, paper sizing,
watermarks,
and anything else you can configure in the properties. I swear by it.

Devon

"Matt Hudson" <mhudson@nospamburnley.gov.uk> wrote in message
> Is there any plans to support the configuration of adding of extra
traps /
> duplexers etc. through NPDS?  I know that there is an program called

> "printerproperties" or similar that adds support for these to NDPS
but we
> just don't have the cash to pay for it!
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Matt Hudson,
> Principle Network and Communications Officer,
> Burnley Borough Council.
> CNA 6/5/4, CNE 5/4.

0
Devon

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

Removing NDPS printer object
Having trouble with a NDPS printer. I can't run NDPS Manager because it hangs on initializing the printer. Can I delete the NDPS printer object and see if the NDPS manager comes up? I know that deleting the object only makes it a public access printer but will it let the manager boot up at least. Your help would be appreciated, thanks! Making the printer a public access printer makes no difference regarding the manager. he will still try to load the agent. How about restoring the ndps backup ? See this TID that descibes the steps. http://support.novell.com/cg...

No NDPS tabs in printer properties...
when logged in as a non-admin. If i log in as an admin, log out, log in as the user, they are there. Tried file/regmon but couldn't find anything. Explorer is loading ndpsprop.dll, so i think it must be some kind of regsetting which prohibits the showing of the tabs. Anyone know which one? ....and found it. As a secure user, the regkey HKLM\Novell\SessionSettings\NWLANGUAGE(SZ)=ENGLISH couldn't be created. And as we're using the dutch language version, it probably tried to load the dutch resource, which isn't available. So, simply setting this key resolved it. ...

NDPS Printer Properties SLOW to Display
We have NDPS installed and configured on 2 of our NW5.1SP7 servers in our corporate tree. Users at one site, who are now using NDPS printers are saying that actual printing of jobs is very fast, yet bringing up the properties of an NDPS printer is VERY slow. Users at this site frequently need to change the printer properties for trays and duplexing. They are using Windows 2000 Pro with SP4 installed. The printers are HP4350 with Internal JetDirects (HP JetDirect J7949E) We are also using HP Driver Configuration Editor to pre-config the drivers prior to adding the driver to the br...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #4
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #2
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #3
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

NDPS printer
I continue to run into problems after successfully setting up POS receipt printers at several point-of-sale workstations. After imaging a clean workstation with client 4.9.1 SP2, running a VPRO5 database, and setting up the receipt printer (queue-based), the printer prints successfully, both windows test page, and receipts from within the POS app. After one day, the windows test page will still print, but the VPRO5 receipts will not. After working with the software vendor, the app is sending a successful job, but it doesn't appear in the queue, and therefore they say Net...

NDPS printer.
Hi, I want to make a novell-printer that is printing to an IP-adress with a HP jetdirectcard in the printer. I want to be able to capture the printer in novell to a LPT-port. Is that possible, and if - then how? T.i.a. /Ulf ul@boston.dk Yes on Win95/98 clients either by going to the printers folder / details and capture or thru login script ex.. #CAPTURE L=1 Q=.NDPSPRINTER.OU.O On Winnt/2000/XP I believe you will have to create a print queue serviced by the NDPS agent and capture it. Create a queue then go to the NDPS printer agent in nwadmin properti...

NDPS printers
Is it possible to assign a driver (from the broker) to a NDPS printer that has already bee created ?? Using Netware 5.1 Sure...I had to do this very often - because I started installing all the printers to service queues only (so I didn't need drivers from NDPS;) Simply use NWAdmin and modify "Default configuration" inside NDPS printer object. Dirk <robert.barbour@eastdunbarton.gov.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:unE8c.9291$jb5.5744@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Is it possible to assign a driver (from the broker) to a NDPS printer that > has alrea...

NDPS Printers?
Servers: nw 5.1, 6.0, 6.5 Clients: Win 98, 2000, XP edir 8.7.3.3, Zen4 I'm using NDPS printers for our schools. Currently when we add a new printer, we have to go around to each desktop and add the printer and driver. Is there a way to just "associate" the printer w/ the users in eDir and when the user logs on, it will connect the printer and install the drivers? If there is a TID, could you point me to it. Thanks. Please ask in the NDPS forum. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) In NWadmin32, there...

NDPS printer
Hallo everyone. In our Novell based network we have the folowing problem. Some users are getting right to use the NDPS printers via group membership, but they are not able to use them until I give them the same rights via the user object also. Kan someone tell me what is happening here. Wah� Wah�, check the agent object. It will allow you to grant rights via the security tab to users, groups and ou's rather than using another extra object. -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forums Sysop "Generosity. Be generous with your time, with your...

Web resources about - NDPS and printer properties - novell.support.ndps-neps

Properties of water - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the physical and chemical properties of pure water. For general discussion and its distribution and importance in life, ...

Facebook Surpasses All Google Properties In Brazil
Facebook overtook Orkut to became Brazil’s top social network in January, but has only overtaken all of Google’s properties in that nation just ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

PortPerry Properties (@brian14mckinlay) on Twitter

Hawaii Real Estate Properties on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hawaii Real Estate Properties on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Qld climate change pilot study shows 4400 properties could flood in Townsville
The Queensland Government is silently preparing Queensland for an 80cm sea rise, which would impact tens of thousands of homes by the end of ...

Smart Buys: Sydney properties for less than $1 million
Domain's choice of smart Sydney properties this week.

Australian Federal Police raid properties in new CFMEU-linked investigation
Federal Police have raided properties as part of an investigation into a CFMEU organiser suspected by authorities of being bribed.

Nobody's home: Housing boom leaves swathe of empty properties
The nation's three-year property boom is leaving its biggest cities awash with empty homes, a report shows.

Queensland storms: Roofs ripped off houses in Warwick, 19,000 properties left without power
... roofs in Warwick, as wild storms move across south-east Queensland. More than a dozen homes have lost their roofs and close to 19,000 properties ...