Moving NDPS printers from one server to another

I have a netware 6.0 server that services my ndps printers ( has broker
and manager. I would like to temporarily move these printers to a netware
6.5 servers. This Netware 6.5 server has its own broker and manager. I
want to be able to move one printer at a time and be able to use the moved
printer without shutting down the manager running in the source server.

Any suggestions will be greatly apprciated.

weingo
6/17/2004 6:43:56 PM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> I have a netware 6.0 server that services my ndps printers ( has broker
> and manager. I would like to temporarily move these printers to a
netware
> 6.5 servers. This Netware 6.5 server has its own broker and manager. I
> want to be able to move one printer at a time and be able to use the
moved
> printer without shutting down the manager running in the source server.
>
> Any suggestions will be greatly apprciated.
>
> Thanks

Hello,

You can do it with With Novell Server Consolidation Utility, the TID
10085609 explain how to do it.
0
oguerra
6/18/2004 12:45:18 PM
> > I have a netware 6.0 server that services my ndps printers ( has
broker
> > and manager. I would like to temporarily move these printers to a
> netware
> > 6.5 servers. This Netware 6.5 server has its own broker and manager. I
> > want to be able to move one printer at a time and be able to use the
> moved
> > printer without shutting down the manager running in the source server.
> >
> > Any suggestions will be greatly apprciated.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Hello,
>
> You can do it with With Novell Server Consolidation Utility, the TID
> 10085609 explain how to do it.

Thanks for the information. It worked great !

0
weingo

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the printer objects? Matt Markley I've been unsuccessful in getting iPrint to work when the NDPS manager is on another server. So what I did was create another NDPS manager/broker on my iPrint server...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the the printer objects? Matt Markley Check this out: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10085365.htm -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] ...

Moving NDPS from one server to another
I'm trying to find the best way to move NDPS services off of a 5.1 server to a 6sp3 server. I've found TID 10074763 and was wondering if anyone knows if it's that simple? Does this copy all related files and references to the new server? Hugh, moving the manager is as easy as explained. Moving the Broker as well requires you to move the driver files as well. See this one http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10016871.htm -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forums Sysop "Generosity. Be generous with your time, with your ...

Moving NDPS from one server to another
I am running several NW 6.5 Sp6 servers. Two are running NDPS. The one server was an upgrade from NW 6.0 Sp5, this servers NDPS runs great. The other NDPS seems to be very spotty when it comes to printing. I read that you can move NDPS from one server to another, how hard is it to do? The reason I ask is that the NDPS that runs good is on a server that is going to be removed. We do not do IPrint yet. Just wondering, Ken@rlmrlm.com -- kheinz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kheinz, > The other NDPS seems to be very s...

how do I move a ndps printer from one manager to another?
how do I move a ndps printer from one manager to another? can't find it in the manual. netware 6 with sp3. edir 8.7.2 You delete the object and then recreate it pointing at the new manager. Jeff "Karl Reischl" <kreischl@morainepark.edu> wrote in message news:fIw0b.5879$586.1601@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > how do I move a ndps printer from one manager to another? > > can't find it in the manual. > > netware 6 with sp3. edir 8.7.2 Try the Server consolidation tool if you have a large number to move. Search for ...

Moving NDPS printers/agents from one FS to another
How to move NDPS controled printers/agents from one NDPS-MGR1 / NWServer1 to another NDPS-MGR2 / NWServer2 ? In both NDPS-MGRs printers/agenst exist already. (NW6.0sp5/edir873) M. Sorry guys, haven't see earlier post "Centralizing NDPS Printers - best way" Skip this Tnx Mate "Mate" <drazen@blato.hr> wrote in message news:auF_d.65$Ym.51@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > How to move NDPS controled printers/agents from one NDPS-MGR1 / NWServer1 to > another NDPS-MGR2 / NWServer2 ? > > In both NDPS-MGRs printers/agenst exist alrea...

Moving NDPS to another server
I am wanting to move my current NDPS to another server other than where the master replica is located. How can I go about doing this? TID 10016871 any help ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

NDPS Move to another server
Scenario: 1 server on logical network 0000AAA1 running NDPS manager v3.00f Logical network 0000AAA1 has approximately 25 printers and 2,000 users 1 server on logical network 0000AAA2 running NDPS manager v3.00f Logical network 0000AAA2 has approximately 20 printers and 1,500 users Both servers are old and need to be replaced. I'd like to be able to buy 1 server to service both logical WAN segments. Both sites are connected by fiber and the servers are physically located at my office (the central office). Any advice? I will probably install NW6 SP2 and NDPS. I don't know a...

moving ndps printers to a new server
Hello all together, I am currently running NDPS on a Netware 5.1 SP5 server with controlled access printers. Broker and Manager are running on that same server. I will migrate the broker and manager to a new server. That server is running with Netware 6.0 SP5. Have anybody infos for me, how I should do this without recreating all printers and reinstall the printers on the workstations. Many thanks Josef Try TID 10016871. Personaly I say just make a new broker don't move it. It's not hard to add drivers or copy them from the other server but I've not had good luck...

moving ndps printers to a new server
Hello all together, I am currently running NDPS on a Netware 5.1 SP5 server with controlled access printers. Broker and Manager are running on that same server. I will migrate the broker and manager to a new server. That server is running with Netware 6.0 SP5. Have anybody infos for me, how I should do this without recreating all printers and reinstall the printers on the workstations. Many thanks Josef Josef, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem bee...

how to move printers from a dead NDPS print server
Hello, we're having some problems with one of our NetWare 6.0 sp5 servers running NDPS. We will be doing some work on it, but before we can begin, we need to have a plan for the printers, should the server never come back up. Has anyone had experience with or can anyone point me to a TID that covers this please? I looked on Novell's web site, but couldn't find anything. Thanks, Mari See - http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10016871.htm It's quite easy. One of the best parts of NDPS. The great ease of moving printing around. ...

Moving printer agents to another NDPS Manager
Two NetWare 6.0 SP5 servers running NDPS Manager 3.01i... Server 1 has 40 printer agents... I'd like to move 10 of those agents to Server 2... However, all I can tell by the documentation (as far as the server consolidation utility is concerned) is that I can do an "all or nothing" move and I only want to move some of them... Any ideas on moving certain printer agents (other than deleting and recreating)? See - http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=MT4w81MihYE~ thick@thick.net wrote: > Two NetWare 6.0 SP5 servers running NDPS Manager 3.01i... > ...

Moving NDPS Agents from One Manager to Another
Hello, I've been tasked with upgrading the hardware of quite a few of our NW 5.1 SP5 servers. The replacements are running NW 5.1 SP7, and all of the cutovers have gone very smoothly except one. At this one site, I can't cutover the printers. Every time I try, all clients can't print. Some of the clients are old (v 4.80 or 4.81) but that has been true of the other sites, and those have worked. Before any of the cutovers, I distribute the NDPS libs found in TID 10088295 via the login script. I've also tried cutting over all printers and shutting down th...

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

Web resources about - Moving NDPS printers from one server to another - novell.support.ndps-neps

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Paragon Printers in voluntary liquidation, leaving 50 people out of work
Fyshwick's Paragon Printers is in voluntary liquidation, owing creditors more than $3 million.

Review: da Vinci Jr budget 3D printer
The da Vinci Jr makes 3D printing more affordable than ever, but it's a long way from the Star Trek replicator-style precision instrument you ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $40, Nomad Apple Watch Stand $41, Samsung 48″ 4K UHDTV $500 ...
... us out on: Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Brother compact Laser printer: ...

In the Garden of 3D Printers
... (the long tube it uses as a mouth)." Of course, a very similar experiment could have been done using handmade model flowers—not 3D printers—and ...