iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening)

Hi,

I've been searching about a solution reguarding the slow connection to the
printer: applications take ages to connect to user's printer, application
status was: opening (printer status stayed in opening for 10 seconds ...)
I've seen some post about that but without any real solution, well, the
proposed one didn't do anything for our system.

We're using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 in windows 2000 server SP4 with many
hotfixes ...

The problems was this hotfixe: KB324446
After removing it the problem went away. BTW, removing this hotfix solve
many slowness of the applications ...

I've seen that we're not the only one that have this problem so i wanted
to share our solution.

Good luck.
0
william
1/13/2005 4:53:15 PM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

William,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

Outlook is slow when an iPrint Printer is the default Printer
OS: Windows XPSP2 iPrint Client 4.15 or 4.16 Lokal installed Printer HP 3050 1. Problem: When a local installed Printer is the default Printer the performance is OK. When an iPrint printer is the default printer you have to wait approx. 10 - 15 sec. when you open an Email in Outlook. 2. Problem When the "Toolbox" service from the printer HP 3050 is running we have massive network traffic between the client and the iPrint Server. The spoolsv.exe continuous contact the server an transfers data to it. Michael --____LFOPDDSEZNFHQREGNSDU____ Content-Type: tex...

NDPS printers slow to open
Have an issue where W2K SP4, Client 4.83SP2/4.9 have difficulty opening NDPS printers. When the Printers folder is opened, the printer status remains at 'Opening' for 15-20 secs, before changing to 'Ready'. No properties can be accessed for the printer whilst in this state. The problem also occurs in applications, such as MS Word or IE. 'File', 'Print' results in the same 15-20 seconds before the dialog box appears. Any info appreciated. Neil R. Further to my previous post, it appears Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 is the issue....

Printer is a Printer
Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? Our application requires that once a button is press, we print a form and the client signs it. We display a dialog allowing you to pick a printer, but the printer list contains, 'non-printers'. And we do not want to show them. I realize that this may not be possible, but I have to ask. Thanks Edwin, > Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? > > Our application requires that once a button is press, we prin...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the printer objects? Matt Markley I've been unsuccessful in getting iPrint to work when the NDPS manager is on another server. So what I did was create another NDPS manager/broker on my iPrint server...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the the printer objects? Matt Markley Check this out: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10085365.htm -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] ...

iPrint Printer Status "opening"
--____NUJMZMBWLDUFWQXJQTDE____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 27 Dec 2005 07:17:33 -0600" I have recently deployed the iPrint client and some iPrint printers on = some test Windows XP SP2 machines. I'm using the built in iPrint Policy = within Console one. The client and printers install great with no = problems. But, the iPrint printer status is "opening". The printers = never switch to "ready" and I can not print to them or open pr...

iprint client looks very slow to connect to the printer.
Hi, Our system: Windows 2000 SP4, Terminal Server Citrix MetaFrame XPe 1.8 Iprint Client version 3.11 We are using the iprint system since almost 1 year without any major problems, well all have been solved ... . But know we are having some kind of slowness issue. Let me explain ... When a user wants to print, he goes to the print menu, where you can choose for a printer, so he clicks on a printer and then he have to wait in between 10 & 20 seconds before the printer is selected/ If the user asked to print to the default printer, the applications (word, lotus notes, ....

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #2
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #3
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #4
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

Web resources about - iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening) - novell.support.ndps-neps

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Paragon Printers in voluntary liquidation, leaving 50 people out of work
Fyshwick's Paragon Printers is in voluntary liquidation, owing creditors more than $3 million.

Review: da Vinci Jr budget 3D printer
The da Vinci Jr makes 3D printing more affordable than ever, but it's a long way from the Star Trek replicator-style precision instrument you ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $40, Nomad Apple Watch Stand $41, Samsung 48″ 4K UHDTV $500 ...
... us out on: Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Brother compact Laser printer: ...

In the Garden of 3D Printers
... (the long tube it uses as a mouth)." Of course, a very similar experiment could have been done using handmade model flowers—not 3D printers—and ...