How NDPS printers can be placed on server?

We have a highschool student lab server and I have discovered that
server
has 214 NDPS printers.

Is this too many?

Do we need to get a separate server to handle our printers?

Server is a Dell Poweredge 2550 with 2 Gig of memory.   Netware 5.1
SP6;
eDirectory 8.7.0.4.
This server contains a replica of one of the partitions.

We have been having issues with our printers and wonder if we have
overloaded this server.
This server supports 400+ student and 200+ teacher logins and
printing.
What server specs do I need to be able to handle this amount of
printers?

I had recently noticed Dirty Cache Buffers being high (500+) and it
never
going to zero.  I made some parameter adjustments
per Novell TIDS and Dirty Cache Buffers is still high but it does
sometimes
go to zero now.

thanks,
Linda

0
Linda
10/20/2003 8:41:01 PM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Oops,   I missed important word,  MANY.

thanks,
Linda

"Linda" <linda.currie@humble.k12.tx.us> wrote in message
> We have a highschool student lab server and I have discovered that
server
> has 214 NDPS printers.
>
> Is this too many?
>
> Do we need to get a separate server to handle our printers?
>
> Server is a Dell Poweredge 2550 with 2 Gig of memory.   Netware 5.1
SP6;
> eDirectory 8.7.0.4.
> This server contains a replica of one of the partitions.
>
> We have been having issues with our printers and wonder if we have
> overloaded this server.
> This server supports 400+ student and 200+ teacher logins and
printing.
> What server specs do I need to be able to handle this amount of
printers?

> I had recently noticed Dirty Cache Buffers being high (500+) and it
never
> going to zero.  I made some parameter adjustments
> per Novell TIDS and Dirty Cache Buffers is still high but it does
sometimes
> go to zero now.
>
> thanks,
> Linda

0
Linda
10/22/2003 11:52:28 PM
Linda,

First you can ask yourself if it healthy to have 214 printers on 600+

users. In our buildings with that amount of people, we maybe have 25
printers.
The amount should not be a problem, I guess not all printers are
handling jobs all the time, at the same time.

Can you tell what kind of problems you have, and which gateways you
are
using?

Martin

Linda wrote:

> We have a highschool student lab server and I have discovered that
server
> has 214 NDPS printers.
>
> Is this too many?
>
> Do we need to get a separate server to handle our printers?
>
> Server is a Dell Poweredge 2550 with 2 Gig of memory.   Netware 5.1
SP6;
> eDirectory 8.7.0.4.
> This server contains a replica of one of the partitions.
>
> We have been having issues with our printers and wonder if we have
> overloaded this server.
> This server supports 400+ student and 200+ teacher logins and
printing.
> What server specs do I need to be able to handle this amount of
printers?

> I had recently noticed Dirty Cache Buffers being high (500+) and it
never
> going to zero.  I made some parameter adjustments
> per Novell TIDS and Dirty Cache Buffers is still high but it does
sometimes
> go to zero now.
>
> thanks,
> Linda

0
Martin

can ping printer from server, but ndps manager says it can not??
--____XHEXJLIMGCZBBPKNTQLU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Just added an hp officejet 7300 with built-in jetdirect. Every aspect of setting up the printer goes smoothly, but the ndpsm = manager says it can not ping it, status shows "Error Printing", status = details shows "LPR Communication Failed". I can ping the printer from the server. I can browse to the jetdirect = interface. Why is ndps manager unable to communicate? Server is running nw65sp2 --____XHEXJLIMGCZBBPKNTQLU____ Content-...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the the printer objects? Matt Markley Check this out: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10085365.htm -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] ...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the printer objects? Matt Markley I've been unsuccessful in getting iPrint to work when the NDPS manager is on another server. So what I did was create another NDPS manager/broker on my iPrint server...

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

Can not install printer via iprint but can via NDPS
Server is NW6SP3. Workstation is XPsp1, NW Client 4.83SP2, iPrint client 1.10 I have a label printer that I am trying to install via iPrint. installing from my iPrint Printers web page produces a 'Error message: The system cannot find the file specified' 'Error group: Windows' 'Error code: 2' popup box and the printer is not installed. The Printer Installation Status box gets to the point of 'Add the Printer Driver.' before the error pops up. If I do a NDPS installation of the printer it installs fine. I have enabled more detailed loggin...

Removing NDPS printer object
Having trouble with a NDPS printer. I can't run NDPS Manager because it hangs on initializing the printer. Can I delete the NDPS printer object and see if the NDPS manager comes up? I know that deleting the object only makes it a public access printer but will it let the manager boot up at least. Your help would be appreciated, thanks! Making the printer a public access printer makes no difference regarding the manager. he will still try to load the agent. How about restoring the ndps backup ? See this TID that descibes the steps. http://support.novell.com/cg...

NDPS: Post CSP8 NDPS server updates
This patch was released after the release of NetWare 6.0 Support Pack 3. Yet the readme talks about NetWare 6.0 servers with Support Pack 2 (no reference of 'or later') Is this patch intended for NetWare 6.0 servers running Support Pack 3 ? Cheers, Andy. == Andy Simpson CNE MCSE Andy, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at...

Can't remove NDPS printers. Reinstalls itself and printers on restart.
We are in the process of moving away from NDPS to windows shared printers. I wanted change a user's workstation from NDPS to the new printers. So, I reinstalled Nwclient 4.91sp4, this time making sure that NDPS was not selected for installation. Then I rebooted, removed the NDPS printers manually and installed the Windows printers. After the next reboot, NDPS seemed to reactivate itself and delete all my windows printers and reinstall all the NDPS printers. Needlessly to say, that was a lot of work wasted. How can I remove NDPS from the Netware client? Jim, ...

NDPS: Post CSP8 NDPS server updates #2
NDPS: Post CSP8 NDPS server updates This patch was released after the release of NetWare 6.0 Support Pack 3. Yet the readme talks about NetWare 6.0 servers with Support Pack 2 (no reference of 'or later') Is this patch intended for NetWare 6.0 servers running Support Pack 3 ? Cheers, Andy. == Andy Simpson CNE MCSE Andy, which exact patch do you mean ? (link or filename) -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forums Sysop "Generosity. Be generous with your time, with your love, with your life. ... Be generous, always." Mark Greene in...

Creating both a ndps broker and a ndps manager on a server console?
Hello, People. I'm chris. I'm looking for an old way which i can create both a ndps broker and a ndps manager on a server console? Anyone can help me out? Thanks~ --____SSOTZTUSULULDMVZYQMU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 21 Jul 2008 11:20:23 -0500" Hum... Don't think you can from a prompt. If you can, run the java console by running "Startx" at the console, then = launch C1. Create a broker and manager there, and then ...

NDPS: Post CSP8 NDPS server updates #3
NDPS: Post CSP8 NDPS server updates: ndp3sp2e.exe This patch was released after the release of NetWare 6.0 Support Pack 3. Yet the readme talks about NetWare 6.0 servers with Support Pack 2 (no reference of 'or later') Is this patch intended for NetWare 6.0 servers running Support Pack 3 ? Cheers, Andy. == Andy Simpson CNE MCSE duplicate -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forums Sysop "Generosity. Be generous with your time, with your love, with your life. ... Be generous, always." Mark Greene in "On the Beach" ...

Can't Find NDPS Error code anywhere, Can't add printer drivers via iManager
NW 6 SP3 WIN XP SP1 client 4.83 sp1 (and what ever versions of the broker comes with sp3) I go into the broker, into RMS, select the Windows 2k/xp drivers. It does not matter if I choose to Add from File or Add from System, I recieve the same error: [in red] Exception saving resource print drivers configuration NDPS Library Error Category: 1060004h Other Error: FFFFFC62h I can't find that error anywhere on the support areas, nor, will it let me add any print drivers. Yes, I have chosen older .INF files just in case of the new INF problem as discussed in a TID. I&...

moving ndps printers to a new server
Hello all together, I am currently running NDPS on a Netware 5.1 SP5 server with controlled access printers. Broker and Manager are running on that same server. I will migrate the broker and manager to a new server. That server is running with Netware 6.0 SP5. Have anybody infos for me, how I should do this without recreating all printers and reinstall the printers on the workstations. Many thanks Josef Josef, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem bee...

Web resources about - How NDPS printers can be placed on server? - novell.support.ndps-neps

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Paragon Printers in voluntary liquidation, leaving 50 people out of work
Fyshwick's Paragon Printers is in voluntary liquidation, owing creditors more than $3 million.

Review: da Vinci Jr budget 3D printer
The da Vinci Jr makes 3D printing more affordable than ever, but it's a long way from the Star Trek replicator-style precision instrument you ...

JAYVEE NEWS: ISIS May Have Syrian Passport Printer
By Russ Reed The Islamic State may have gotten a passport printer, and could be using it to send militants into the United States carrying Syrian ...

Review: M3D's Micro 3D Printer fits in a backpack, quiet as a mouse
You get what you pay for. With M3D's Micro 3D Printer, you get a well-made machine that's constrained in what it can make by its smaller-than-a-breadbox ...