Default printer NDPS not set to the default printer

Hi.
We have a NW51SP6 environment. In the user object we have defined
a default ndps printer.
After changing the clients from local login to AD/domain login, they get
another default printer every time they login.
Client is 4.83 SP2 with PSP2.

Any idea?

Magne

0
Magne
12/8/2004 7:42:57 PM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Magne,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Setting NDPS Printer Defaults?
Hi All, Is there a way to set the NDPS printer defaults to include the installed features for that specific printer, like "duplexing" or "2nd tray", etc.? Any time that the NDPS printers get "ReInstalled" the prior settings at each workstation are lost and are reset to the minimum configuration. Current network is NW 5.1sp7. Thanks H Check out http://www.printerpropertiespro.com It will do what you want. -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] Not nearly as elegent, but for poor folk........................... http://www.novell...

NDPS Default Printer overridden by local printer
Hi, NDPS 3.01j NW 6.5sp2 Win2k sp4 & WINNT Sp6a Workstations. We have a problem where 'local' printers insist on setting themselves as the default printer regardless of the fact that an NDPS delivered printer is actually toggled as the default. The NDPS printers are mainly HP 4000/4050. We've tried the latest HP drivers and also back rev'd them just in case but to no avail. We also have a problem where Canon photocopier drivers insist on being set as default even when a HP 4000/4050 is toggled as default on the same printer policy. We often deliver ...

Default printer does not set as default
We have upgraded to Netware 6 and are using NDPS. We have some Windows 2000 stations that the default printer does not use what has been set for the user in NDPS. They are using Netware Client 4.9SP1a with the latest support pack. We have also installed Windows 2000 SP4, without any success. We have also given the user admin rights and have had them choose the proper printer as default. When the log out and back in, it reverts back to the wrong printer as default. If the user logs in as a local user to the machine they have the correct default printer. If they login to t...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #2
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #3
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #4
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

ndps default printer
I have a w2k pc with client version 4.9 sp2 installed and Zenworks destkop management 6.5 installed. I created a workstation policy to push two printers to this machine and setup one of the printers to be the defualt. The second printer listed in the policy is the default. However, when you check the printers on the workstation, the wrong printer is listed as the default. Any suggestions to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Ngreaney, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this aut...

NDPS default printer
We have upgraded to Netware 6 and are using NDPS. We have some Windows 2000 stations that the default printer does not use what has been set for the user in NDPS. They are using Netware Client 4.9SP1a with the latest support pack. We have also installed Windows 2000 SP4, without any success. We have also given the user admin rights and have had them choose the proper printer as default. When the log out and back in, it reverts back to the wrong printer as default. If the user logs in as a local user to the machine they have the correct default printer. If they login to t...

NDPS RPM does not set printer as default after it was changed by the user
Dear all, NDPS RPM doesn't set NDPS printer as default after it was changed by the user. (This NDPS printer was assigned as default in nwadmin utility on NDPS Remote Printer Management tab of container.) Workstation restarting couldn't help. NDPS RPM install all printers properly without any error messages. If NDPS printer wasn't installed it will be installed and designate as default at workstation after login to Windows. We use NW 6.5 SP 5, client 4.91 SP 1, Windows 2000 SP 4, HP LaserJet 4200n. Help me to solve this problem, please! Thanks in advance! --...

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

Setting Default printer in multi-printer lab
We have a student lab that has multiple iPrint printers. Different areas of the lab need to be set to different default printers, yet all PC's must have all of the printers installed in case the default printer is down and another printer needs to be used. It seems like when we install multiple printers (named HPLJ1, HPLJ2, HPLJ3, etc), the printer with the highest number (HPLJ7) is automatically being set as the default printer by iPrint. Is there a way to install multiple iPrint printers and specify which printer is the default printer? Here is a way to install p...

Web resources about - Default printer NDPS not set to the default printer - novell.support.ndps-neps

Default logic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Default logic is a non-monotonic logic proposed by Raymond Reiter to formalize reasoning with default assumptions. Default logic can express ...

Privacy Setting For New Facebook Users Aged 13-17 Now Defaults To ‘Friends’
Facebook is changing the initial default privacy setting for users aged 13 through 17 to friends, from friends of friends, but those teen users ...

Secure browsing by default
We now use https by default for all Facebook users. This feature, which we first introduced as an option two years ago , means that your browser ...

北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 和讯博客
北方理財團隊的家園:http://group.hexun.com/m132312/default.html外汇交易员芬芳fenfang恭候您! - 芬芳FENFANG - 芬芳FENFANG的博客 - 和讯博客

Facebook changes default privacy settings for new users to friends-only
Facebook announced today a shift in privacy settings for new users. Now, when someone signs up for a profile, their default posting status is ...

Google AdSense Ads Scrolling Now Default? - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More at www.seroundtable.com/archives/016753.html

Sen. Rand Paul on Debt Default - YouTube
Sen. Rand Paul on Debt Default - YouTube

Local bourse will suffer if US defaults
The picture is a worrying one for Australian investors if the impasse with the US debt ceiling is not resolved by the Thursday deadline.

Atlas Iron to halve debt with refinancing that ratings agencies say is a default
Atlas Iron will almost halve its debt under a refinancing plan, which will need shareholder approval.