Changing Server NW6 IP Address / Printer Addresses

We are about to change the IP address of our Netware 6 server and NDPS
Printers to allow for a new subnet configuration.

Are there any problems that we may run into,

I have seen the KB article on changing NW6 server IP, and would assume that
after this has been completed i could use NDPS Manager to change the Printer
Agent IP's

Thanks,

Michael Hutchesson

0
Michael
7/16/2004 10:42:04 AM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, you can use NDPS Manager to change the addresses.  You can also
use iPrint Manager in iManager.

--
-Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp]

0
Barry

Changing ip address of NDPS server
Hi, We are moving to a new location with a different IP range. Therefor we have to change the IP address of our NetWare 5.1 server runing the NDPS Broker, Manager and HP Gateway. Does anyone know if any additional changes need to be made so NDPS can be loaded again on the server (which will have a new IP address) after the move? Thanks, Martijn Martjin, AFAIK there should be no reason to worry about NDPS.. it's all NDS driven. Don't forget to edit the etc\hosts file with the new number though, I think NDPSM does need that to be correct otherwise the p...

changing ip address on a nw6 ZfD 401 server
Hi Please help. I need to change our ZfD401 server (NW6.0 SP3) ip address due to a major transition project. Can someone tell me what I exactly need to change? NCF file, ZEN object etc? or it there TID showing procedure in what to change? I just don't want to miss out things that still have the old ip address. Thanks heap, Louie lyeung@iinet.net.au > > Can someone tell me what I exactly need to change? NCF file, ZEN > object etc? or it there TID showing procedure in what to change? I > just don't want to miss out things that still have the ...

Changing to NAT using Private IP address What to do with OLd IP addresses
I have a client that is setting up NAT and using private addresses for the internal network. If we add new IP addresses to DCHP, do we delete the old addresses or is there a way to specify which set of Ip addresses for DHCP to hand out? Also, is there a way to just edit the present addresses? We looked and we are not able to see a way to edit the addreses. Thanks in advance for your help and advice. PLW In article <KVn8c.8445$jb5.1118@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > If we add new IP addresses to DCHP, do we delete the > old addresses or is there a wa...

POA shows old ip address for client/server ip address
i just upgraded groupwise from 5.5 to 6.5 Clients cannot access via tcp/ip even though its setup with the correct ip address in console one. when looking at the poa log file at the server, it gives the old server ip address instead of the current ip address. I cannot find that old ip address in any settings, or is there another problem that is keeping me from accessing via the client using tcp/ip. Hi, Have you checked the POA startup file? Settings in there for the ipaddress and port override anything put into consoleone. Cheers, Steve <bfish@emily.ne...

HOW DO I CHANGE IP addresses and gateway addresses...
Hi all. Not sure where I should have posted this but I thought admin tools would be cool. I have a Server w/two NIC cards in it (some of you know this one already!). I need to change IP address and gateway on one fo them. I also need to build a static route. I've never done ANY of this (changing IP's and gateways on NOVELL server) and am not having any luck finding exactly what I need. Appriciate all the fantastic help i've been getting from all of you! Thanks. On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:08:16 GMT, mark@ctcommunications.com wrote: >Hi all. Not sure where I s...

web address changing to ip address
hi all i have a dedicated server.i hosted all files in to dedicated server ...all my web files is working properly.... when i access my web through dedicated server ip address,the web is working fine... when i access my web through web address ,the browser web address is changing to dedicated ip address for eg:my dedicated server ip address is 1.2.3.4 my web address in the dedicated server is www.test.com when i access my web through http://1.2.3.4  web is coming and the web address is  http://1.2.3.4 when i access my web through  http://www.test.com ,web is com...

IP Address conflict
I've no idea where to post this, there seems to be no plain vanilla networking forum, so bear with me. Someone, presumably with a laptop, plugged it into our network today. It appears it had a manually set IP address that was the same as our Groupwise server. Everyone's GW client or WebAccess Connection immediately exited, presumably because they were suddenly talking to the wrong computer. I found the TCPIP error messages on the server console when I went to see what the hell happened. NW65SP7 I've got the MAC address and I'll try and track it down. An...

IP Addressing question
It seems to me that this is an elementary TCP-IP networking question. I must have skipped class for a baseball game that day <g>. I have two networks connected via VPN (watchguard) at two offices: Pittsburgh: 192.168.1.0/24 Cleveland: 192.168.2.0/24 We can communicate over the tunnel between the two networks without problem. However, what I want to do now is to set up a new computer for the branch (2.x) network, but I want to do it *here* in the Pittsburgh network (1.x). Unfortunately, it doesn't work. If I give the server an IP addres...

Catch IP Address of Local Machine Insted of Server IP Address where the application is deployed at
Hai ,  I have a survey that will be sent to all the users across a group, This survey application is deployed on webserver and that link will be sent to all the group members.Right now it was capturing the IP  Address of server for all members in group , insted i need each members Local machine IP Address to be sent the database via server.  I tried using the following two requests but all they are doing is capturing the server ip address:  String clientName = Request.ServerVariables["LOGON_USER"]; String clientName = Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADD...

host name change and/or host ip address change for sqla server
If a sqla server's name (host=server_name) or ip address is changed, will that cause a problem for sqla 10/11 when it is restarted? Thanks, Doug No problems for the server itself... client connection strings *may* have to change, but only if they already require LINKS=TCPIP(HOST=... to be specified. Breck On 19 Jun 2009 14:27:47 -0700, "Doug Stone" <doug.stonenospam@res-q.com> wrote: > >If a sqla server's name (host=server_name) or ip address is changed, will >that cause a problem for sqla 10/11 when it is restarted? >Thanks, >...

changed the server's ip address, should I have to reinstall sybase server
Dear friends, If I have to change the server's ip address, should I have to reinstall sybase server? linda wrote: > > Dear friends, > > If I have to change the server's ip address, should I have to reinstall > sybase server? No, you do not have to re-install the Sybase server. There's nothing in the Sybase server itself that is based on the IP address of the host machine. You may have to modify your interfaces file(s) ... depends on if you have IP addresses hard coded in the interfaces file ... depends on how your network finds a given ser...

IP address on server changed
I relocated my file server onto another network. The server name stayed the same, only the IP address changed. I change the IP address in the autoexec.ncf file (inetcfg). The problem/s I am having now - the Apache and LDAP will not load, I am getting error of LDAP Initialization Failed. How can this be corrected? And what other file/s with the old IP address need modifying? Does anything in ConsoleOne needs modifying? Thanks, Please see http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/486.html -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Than...

Server IP Address Change
I relocated my file server onto another network. The server name stayed the same, only the IP address changed. I change the IP address in the autoexec.ncf file (inetcfg). The problem/s I am having now - the Apache and LDAP will not load, I am getting error of LDAP Initialization Failed. How can this be corrected? And what other file/s with the old IP address need modifying? Does anything in ConsoleOne needs modifying? Thanks, Duplicate posting. Answered in the NetWare6.x-administration Tools forum -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Su...

Changing server IP address
Hi, I changed my server IP address and since that time, when I try to log into the network, I receive that error message: Unable to log into the network because the log credentials or the server certificate is incorrect. How can I solve that problem ? ZCM 10.0.3.2 Windows 2003 R2 server french Internal certificate Examine your Server's Cert. Does it have the DNS name or the IP Address of your Server. It should be the DNS Name. However, if a DNS name was not setup for your server when it was built, it would have put in the IP Address. In that case, changing t...

Web resources about - Changing Server NW6 IP Address / Printer Addresses - novell.support.ndps-neps

Postal addresses in the Republic of Ireland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ireland is one of the few countries in the world, and the only EU country, that does not have a Postal code system. As of 2012, the Irish Government ...

How To: (Possibly) Restore Your Contacts After The Switch To Facebook.com Email Addresses
Still having issues with lost contacts following Facebook’s recent controversial move to make Facebook.com email addresses the default emails ...

Facebook Users Can Now Opt Into Letting Friends Export Their Email Addresses via Download Your Information ...
Previously, Facebook's Download Your Information tool let users export an archive of their status updates, photos, as well as a list of friends' ...

IPCC Chair Addresses Summit on Climate Change - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Rajendra Pachauri, Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), addresses the opening plenary session of the Summit on Climate ...

YouTube - Joss Whedon Addresses 181st (2013) Wesleyan University Commencement
Veröffentlicht am 27.05.2013 Wesleyan Class of 1987 alumnus Joss Weadon receives an honorary doctorate and the privilege of delivering the commencement ...

'We will not let them win': Malcolm Turnbull addresses Parliament after Paris attacks
Australia's diversity is one of its greatest strengths and Australians must &quot;protect and defend it dearly&quot; in the aftermath of terrorist ...

Skype for iOS updated with data detectors for phone numbers, addresses, and more
Skype updated its iOS client today with support for several different data detectors in text chats. Now whenever someone sends you a phone number, ...

Liveblogging the American Revolution: December 3, 1777: The Continental Congress Addresses the Six Nations ...
**American Memory Timeline**: [Continental Congress Addresses to the Six Nations](http://www.loc.gov/teachers/classroommaterials/presentatio ...

Ronda Rousey Addresses Her Shocking Defeat For First Time
Ronda Rousey Addresses Her Shocking Defeat For First Time

Full Episode: WN 12/06/15: President Obama Addresses the Nation on His Strategy to Battle Terror
Suspected Lone Wolf Attacker Goes on Stabbing Spree In London; Colombia Discovers the Holy Grail of Shipwrecks