Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer

Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1

server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works
best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to
install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on
my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them.

Can this be done or am I better off recreating the the printer
objects?

Matt Markley

novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check this out:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10085365.htm
--

-Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp]

0
Barry

Moving NDPS printers from one server to another
I have a netware 6.0 server that services my ndps printers ( has broker and manager. I would like to temporarily move these printers to a netware 6.5 servers. This Netware 6.5 server has its own broker and manager. I want to be able to move one printer at a time and be able to use the moved printer without shutting down the manager running in the source server. Any suggestions will be greatly apprciated. Thanks > I have a netware 6.0 server that services my ndps printers ( has broker > and manager. I would like to temporarily move these printers to a netware > 6....

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

One NDPS Printer, multiple physical printers
Ok, I did something foolish-- implemented a quick fix I found here in the forums or elsewhere to solve an immediate problem and didn't document it. Now I'm going back to document the setup and can't find the original source for the info--may have been the old forum, which is now history. anyway, the setup is this: NW51SP7 client has 40 workstations and 3 identical printers, wanted to balance print load between the 3 printers but wanted printers installed via NDPS so users would not have to mess with drivers or selecting one of the three printers for their job. I set...

Removing NDPS printer object
Having trouble with a NDPS printer. I can't run NDPS Manager because it hangs on initializing the printer. Can I delete the NDPS printer object and see if the NDPS manager comes up? I know that deleting the object only makes it a public access printer but will it let the manager boot up at least. Your help would be appreciated, thanks! Making the printer a public access printer makes no difference regarding the manager. he will still try to load the agent. How about restoring the ndps backup ? See this TID that descibes the steps. http://support.novell.com/cg...

can ping printer from server, but ndps manager says it can not??
--____XHEXJLIMGCZBBPKNTQLU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Just added an hp officejet 7300 with built-in jetdirect. Every aspect of setting up the printer goes smoothly, but the ndpsm = manager says it can not ping it, status shows "Error Printing", status = details shows "LPR Communication Failed". I can ping the printer from the server. I can browse to the jetdirect = interface. Why is ndps manager unable to communicate? Server is running nw65sp2 --____XHEXJLIMGCZBBPKNTQLU____ Content-...

Can not install printer via iprint but can via NDPS
Server is NW6SP3. Workstation is XPsp1, NW Client 4.83SP2, iPrint client 1.10 I have a label printer that I am trying to install via iPrint. installing from my iPrint Printers web page produces a 'Error message: The system cannot find the file specified' 'Error group: Windows' 'Error code: 2' popup box and the printer is not installed. The Printer Installation Status box gets to the point of 'Add the Printer Driver.' before the error pops up. If I do a NDPS installation of the printer it installs fine. I have enabled more detailed loggin...

How NDPS printers can be placed on server?
We have a highschool student lab server and I have discovered that server has 214 NDPS printers. Is this too many? Do we need to get a separate server to handle our printers? Server is a Dell Poweredge 2550 with 2 Gig of memory. Netware 5.1 SP6; eDirectory 8.7.0.4. This server contains a replica of one of the partitions. We have been having issues with our printers and wonder if we have overloaded this server. This server supports 400+ student and 200+ teacher logins and printing. What server specs do I need to be able to handle this amount of printers? I had recentl...

Dual printer WinXP icons and/or NDPS objects pointing to the same printer
Hello, I have a unique situation where a user with WinXP needs to have two printer icons on their PC because one printer driver works better for one application, and another printer driver works best for other applications. Rather than have the user change the driver each time for a single printer icon in WinXP, it would be easier for my users to have two printer icons in WinXP for the same printer, and they just change the default depending on what application they are using. I know in Win98 you can have two printer icons, and one will say (copy 2) on the end of the ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

how do I move a ndps printer from one manager to another?
how do I move a ndps printer from one manager to another? can't find it in the manual. netware 6 with sp3. edir 8.7.2 You delete the object and then recreate it pointing at the new manager. Jeff "Karl Reischl" <kreischl@morainepark.edu> wrote in message news:fIw0b.5879$586.1601@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > how do I move a ndps printer from one manager to another? > > can't find it in the manual. > > netware 6 with sp3. edir 8.7.2 Try the Server consolidation tool if you have a large number to move. Search for ...

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

Can't remove NDPS printers. Reinstalls itself and printers on restart.
We are in the process of moving away from NDPS to windows shared printers. I wanted change a user's workstation from NDPS to the new printers. So, I reinstalled Nwclient 4.91sp4, this time making sure that NDPS was not selected for installation. Then I rebooted, removed the NDPS printers manually and installed the Windows printers. After the next reboot, NDPS seemed to reactivate itself and delete all my windows printers and reinstall all the NDPS printers. Needlessly to say, that was a lot of work wasted. How can I remove NDPS from the Netware client? Jim, ...

Web resources about - Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer - novell.support.ndps-neps

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Paragon Printers in voluntary liquidation, leaving 50 people out of work
Fyshwick's Paragon Printers is in voluntary liquidation, owing creditors more than $3 million.

Review: da Vinci Jr budget 3D printer
The da Vinci Jr makes 3D printing more affordable than ever, but it's a long way from the Star Trek replicator-style precision instrument you ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $40, Nomad Apple Watch Stand $41, Samsung 48″ 4K UHDTV $500 ...
... us out on: Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Brother compact Laser printer: ...

In the Garden of 3D Printers
... (the long tube it uses as a mouth)." Of course, a very similar experiment could have been done using handmade model flowers—not 3D printers—and ...