winsock error 10038, not a valid socket

Trying to install an ipp printer using ie 5.5, sp1 get this error,
afte clicking on "install"

winsock error 10038, not a valid socket

Did not find anything in KB.

0
Joe
2/11/2003 12:45:58 AM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Joe,
even if it does not exactly match your problem this seems to be  a
problem with httpstk.
Does it load without any error ?
Check this TID please for some troubleshooting steps
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10066950.htm

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Forums Sysop

"Generosity. Be generous with your time, with your love, with your
life.
... Be generous, always."
Mark Greene in "On the Beach"

0
Kai

iPrint and WinSock Error
Hi, I hope someone can help, We have been using iPrint for our printing for some time now with no problems. However I have been investigating if it is possible to provide printing services to our wireless users and I am having some problems. The user connects to the printer display page http://<server>/ipp and then selects the printer they want to print to, however if the printer isn't installed, rather than download the driver the browser (IE) comes up with a winsock 10051 error which indicates that the network that it is trying to reach is unreachable. The user ...

IPrint and Winsock 10061 Error
Running NW6SP3. When adding a print driver to the NDPS Broker, I receive the dreaded Winsock 10061 Error. I've been trying to troubleshoot this issue for weeks with no results. Ports 443 and 631 are available. Have tried almost every TID available and been through the forum postings too many times. Every recommended fix I have tried does not work. What else could possibly be causing this issue? I would greatly appreciate some suggestions. Steve Here's some ideas: 1. Is the module IPPSRVR.NLM loaded on the server? If not, try manually loading it,...

iPrint and Winsock error 10049
All, iPrint has been humming along quite nicely for the past year or so. We are a traditional NetWare shop, version 6.5sp7. The past two days two separate users could not print at all. Both are WinXP sp3. One of the users is a local admin, the other is not. Both of the problem desk tops would allow one of my higher eDirectory level user accounts to log in and print till the cows came home. The regular user could not (not even the local WinXP admin user). They both were seeing winsock 10049 and spoolsrv errors: 7/23/2009 - 11:10:43 AM Module: spoolsv.exe Trace Info...

Error enabling iPrint Support
In iManager on a 6.5sp2 box. 'Call NOvell Technical Supp' then... com.novell.service.ndps.NDPSNativeLibError\r\n at com.novell.service.ndps.NDPSManager.PsmListMODObjects(Native Method)\r\n at com.novell.service.ndps.NDPSManager.getMODObjects(NDPSManager.java:340)\r\n at com.novell.imanage.iPrint.EnableIPPTask.doListPrinters(EnableIPPTask.java:245)\r\n at com.novell.imanage.iPrint.EnableIPPTask.execute(EnableIPPTask.java:116)\r\n at com.novell.emframe.dev.Task.execute(Task.java:461)\r\n at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.BaseGadgetInstance.processRequest(BaseGadgetInstance....

[PAClient Error] Error: E0009 Socket Error # 10054
I'm running Windows 7 using Fusion 5 on a Macbook Pro (OSX Maveric). I have recently been able to run and debug to my iPhone and to the iOS Simulator. When returning to my projects I'm no longer able to deploy my projects. (Only changes may be some updates to Windows 7). The Connection to the PAServer is successful and deploying a test project directly from XCode also works. The deployment stops at MyProject.dSYM. In fact Delphi deploys all files except MyProject.dSYM and MyProject if unchecked in the Deployment manager. What am I missing Br Petter It turned out tha...

Linux iPrint Winsock 10060 errors
We have moved the iPrint service to a Novell Enterprise 9 (sp2) system. We can install the printers perfectly on the internal network, but on the external interface (Firewall Protected), we get a Winsock 10060 error. I have set the firewall to pass ports 80, 443 and 631, but either I am not setting the firewall correctly, or I am missing something else. Anyone any ideas on this matter. We have tried this out on another server at a different location, with se same result. When the server was a Novell 6.5 system, everything was fine. Regards, ChasR. Sorted out the problem....

Virtualized iPrint Winsock 10060 Errors
I have just brought up a Xen virtualized SLES10sp2/OES2sp1 server and have included the iPrint files. The iPrint Server version is 6.0.2008.1215-0.3. This server is configured to use its own NIC on the host (the host has 8 NICs). The iPrint server has a DNS entry. I have created the driver store (v2.00), the print manager (v2.00a), and one printer. Attempting to install the printer, using iPrint client v4.38 (Windows XP), results in Winsock 10060 - Connection has timed out error message. This occurs in IE7, IE8 and Firefox, and from different workstations. I do not have P...

iManager and iPrint Error
Hi, I have just upgraded to SP7 on NW6.5. Previously I was running SP6. Everything was running fine. Since upgrading I have had a winsock error 10061 when ever I attempt to amend a printer driver profile in iManager v2.6 and v2.7. I never upgraded the printserver to SP7 until yesterday and I had the problem on Thursday and Friday, at this stage all other servers were on SP7. It started when the other servers were on SP7 so SP7 has broke something. The client PC's used for iManager have not changed. All other functions in iManager are working. Any ideas? I have noticed ...

iprint Winsock Error code : 10060
Hello, We have Netware 6.5 SP5 also the post patches for NSS and server.exe , Iprint Ver 2.0.3.20060418 , this server has two different NIC and is working also as a router. The problem is as follow : 1.- The Webpage "Iprint Printers on Server" list takes a lot of time to generate and does not shows nothing, it need to be refreshed and not always works. 2.- When finally the printers list appears and click on any link of it , it takes a long time and finally we get WinSock Error Code : 10060 This seems to happened after we decide that Print Manager ...

error error error

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

Error reading from socket error
Hi there, We're using socket server 3-tier for many years. There are 4 application servers(win2000 server), for each up to 500 connections. While error reading from socket raised, we needed to restart socket server or even win2000 server. The socket server version is 5.1.0.0 with multi cpu bug fixed. Any ideas? Thank you ...

Instaaling iprint printer winsock error 10060
We have Netware 6.5 SP8 with iPrint. Printing works fine. We use ZenWorks 7 to install printers through the Workstation Policy. This is where the problem begins. Policy is set to run on User Login. If the user is a member of the Local PC Admin group then the policy will run and the printer will install. However, if this user is only a Power User or a User (Students) then the policy will not run and if the user runs wmsched and highlights the policy and clicks "Run Now" they get an error "You do not have sufficient rights to complete the operation." If this...

Web resources about - winsock error 10038, not a valid socket - novell.support.iprint

Winsock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , the Windows Sockets API (WSA) , which was later shortened to Winsock , is a technical specification that defines how Windows network ...

Thanks for Trumpet Winsock - Recognising an unsung hero
Recognising an unsung hero Do you remember connecting to the Internet in 1994 or 1995? Those of you do probably remember Trumpet Winsock. That ...

WinSock and more Open Source for your Windows Store apps
... platform commonality through universal Windows app... Today I want to follow up with some exciting news about the availability of WinSock and ...

David Treadwell - CrunchBase Profile
David Treadwell is corporate vice president of Microsoft’s Live Platform Services, a group that’s defining and implementing the next generation ...

Spyware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spyware is a type of malware (malicious software) installed on computers that collects information about users without their knowledge. The presence ...

ActiveXperts Software - Product overview
Network Monitoring products and Windows Development components and tools by ActiveXperts Software

Weblib Database @ Alaska Software
... compatibility Version(1)Date(14.03.1900)Time(15:00:00)Size(93431)Needs(1.3.212)OS(W32)Format(ZIP)Language(Intl)Keywords(Socket, Internet, Winsock, ...

Freelancing tips - Binary Tides
... Adsense Database Freelancing Linux Programming Hacking Networking PHP Php Snippets Tutorial Socket Programming C Java Perl PHP Python Winsock ...

U-Mail邮件系统常见的退信分析 - U-MAIL邮件服务器资讯 - 比特博客
U-Mail邮件系统常见的退信分析看退信最下面的日志,并按照相应的错误信息进行匹配。511 sorry, no mailbox here by that nameunknown user account... User unknownName server r ..