Toshiba 351/451 NDPS LAPTOP missing printers

server: OES NetWare 6.5sp5 all iPrint/NDPS patches appliied
Client: Dell LAPTOPS (all Latitudes) Windows XP Client 4.91 fully patched
Printers: toshiba 351 and 451 MFP

We use printer groups to assign access to Controlled Access NDPS printers
and use Remote Printer Management to automatically install and update
these printers on all workstations.  On our desktops it works
flawlessly.  Our laptops however are 1)not getting any toshiba printers
installed when they should and 2)having them removed upon login if the
printer exists.  If the same account logs into a desktop system it works
likeit should.  i have manually loaded all required printers and ensured
the clients are fully up to date with no luck.

To throw a twist in we also have one HP8100 that the entire office has
access to and even when the Toshiba printers are missing on the laptops
the HP 8100 is still there and fully functional.  It is also installed
via a group and NDPS.

Any ideas?
0
sd
11/9/2006 8:07:30 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Remote Printer Management in NDPS is handled by the program called
DPMW32.EXE which is run after a Windows login.

Possible reasons for RPM not working are:

- DPMW32.EXE is never run for various reasons. For instance, the run key
in the registry for running DFPMW32.EXE has been removed or the user never
properly logs in but just suspends his laptop.
If this is the case, then manually running DPMW32.EXE on the workstation
(through start -> run and simply entering DPMW32.EXE) should trigger the
required actions

- DPMW32.EXE runs, but there is some error which prevents all actions to
be performed. By default, DPMW32.EXE does not show anything on the screen,
but a log file called DPRPMLOG.TXT is created int he main Windows
directory (c:\windows on windows XP or c:\winnt for Windows 2000 or NT4).
Furthermore, int he RPM configuration options, there is also a checkbox to
enable debugging in which case you get a debug screen at the moment
DPMW32.EXE runs.

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.18.1.3)
0

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

iPrint printer installs through NDPS but not through iPrint client
Hi, I'm trying to iPrint-enable some Brother HL1670 printers, but I'm running into a problem. When I try to to install them onto WinXP client workstations via the iPrint client, I get the error: Error message: The system cannot find the file specified Error group: Windows Error code: 2 However, if I try to add the printer through the 'add new printer' route, the drivers download and install perfectly. Any ideas why / how to trouble-shoot??? Thanks, Iain Hi again, It's OK, I've got it working. I found TID10086895 which suggests upg...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the printer objects? Matt Markley I've been unsuccessful in getting iPrint to work when the NDPS manager is on another server. So what I did was create another NDPS manager/broker on my iPrint server...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the the printer objects? Matt Markley Check this out: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10085365.htm -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] ...

NDPS Printer Missing
We noticed today that 3 of our NDPS printers are missing. Has anyone experienced a similar event? Are there any explanations for this? --____FLSORMNQUKQTJEAGRSQT____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 9 Nov 2006 02:10:58 -0700" Check to see if spoolsv is a process that is active. If the spooler gets = shutdown, the printers will not appear. From a dos command prompt on the = workstation, type "net start spooler" Does it say it is already = star...

Printer Support for iPrint
I work for state government and I've been asked by another agency to confirm that the Kyocera FS-9520DN printer will support iPrint. The printer is a network laser printer with an Ethernet jack and support for both TCP and LPR. It's my understanding that the only protocol that a printer must support in order to work with iPrint is IPP, but the specs document for the printer says nothing about IPP. I have asked the agency to contact Kyocera to confirm that the printer supports IPP. My basic question is; What does a printer need to support in order to be compatible wi...

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

iPrint and NDPS printers installing
We have and are still using NDPS printers, which I am pushing down via what group they are in. I have been rolling out iPrint to some of my users also, and setting iPrint to auto update the NDPS printers. I am seeing that even after iPrint updates the NDPS printers to IPP, after I restart, it pushes the NDPS printers back down. So I have two printers installed of the same printer, one is for NDPS and one is for iPrint. Any thoughts? Try un-associating that NDPS printer with the context/group it's being installed to? If it's already installed it'll stay there, b...

NDPS to iPrint issues, installs NDPS first then converts to iPRint
NW6.5 server with NDPS printers. I just recently started to use iPrint. Lets say I have a laptop that has the iPrint client installed. I delete ALL of the printers on the laptop, then I restart the laptop and login to netware. When the printers start pushing down, they are NDPS printers and not IPP printers. Now I haven't changed anything in imanager but I assumed that since the iprint client is installed, the NDPS would just turn off and IPP would take over. Am I wrong? I am still using NDPS printers on 100s of clients so I cant turn off NDPS all together. Do y...

Moving NDPS printers to iPrint
I have a number (67) of printers on NDPS that I would like to move the iPrint with minimal user impact. I have created the Broker and Manager on a new server. If I add an existing printer to the new iPrint Manager on the new server with iPrint enabled, what is the impact for existing users (Win98SE and NDPS printing enabled)? Will the iPrint Manager prompt them to install iPrint? No impact? Thanks all, --Dudley Dudley, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. H...

Duplicate printers NDPS and IPRINT
Hi, Could someone tell me why this is happening. I've enabled IPRINT for all printers. I've set the iprint.ini to change any NDPS printers to IPRINT. It does this but also reinstalls the NDPS printer as well so I have double of every printer. I really need to get this sorted. Am I missing something obvious. I don't see any other posts with this problem. Any help would be great. Cheers. The migration/conversion/upgrade from the NDPS to iPrint printer is done by the setting in the iprint.ini. I assume you are saying that this NDPS printer does get re-insta...

Missing NDPS printers in NDS
I was having some problems with NDPS corrumption, so I ran the uninstall database under the NDPS MANAGER dabase options. Which I know now is what caused the printers in my NDS to be deleted. I was still able to restore the NDPS Database from the local copy. But the problem I have now is that I do not have any NDPS printer objects in my Tree. that associates to the ones in the NDPS Manager . They are now Public Access printers, see TID 10025525 for how to convert them back to Controlled Access Printers. Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http...

Migrate NDPS Printers to iPrint?
Hello, We are running NDPS on Netware 65.7. The Print Managers(Version 3.02.04 June 9, 2008) and Brokers(Version 3.00.12 February 20, 2008) are at the latest iPrint levels but we do not have the iPrint client installed on the workstations or Apache running on the servers as of yet. My question is how do we migrate the currently installed printers to iPrint printers. I know in iManager you make them iPrint enabled which 75% of our printers are already iPrint enabled. Is there anything that needs to be done to the actual printers that are installed on the workstations to make them i...

printing from unix to NDPS/iPrint printers
Hi folks, we want to do the following: printing from an unix host to an NDPS/iPrint attached printer. The printer is connected via a HP jetdirect-card and configured to running NDPS. We can print directly from the unix host via lpr to the printer, but we want to use the "netware npdps queue" to queue the print jobs. Can I configure the NDPS-agent to accept printjobs via lpr from unix? What is with the restriction, can anybody from the unix host print on this agent? Can I log which user is printing from unix ? Can I use the accounting in NDPS for accounting the unix pr...

Web resources about - Toshiba 351/451 NDPS LAPTOP missing printers - novell.support.iprint

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Review: da Vinci Jr budget 3D printer
The da Vinci Jr makes 3D printing more affordable than ever, but it's a long way from the Star Trek replicator-style precision instrument you ...

JAYVEE NEWS: ISIS May Have Syrian Passport Printer
By Russ Reed The Islamic State may have gotten a passport printer, and could be using it to send militants into the United States carrying Syrian ...

What Apple’s 3-D printer could look like: a Makerbot G4 Cube
Last week, a weird patent filing suggested Apple might be making a color 3-D printer. Now, the best Apple concept designer in the business, Martin ...

U.S. Intel: ISIS May Have Syrian Passport Printer
U.S. Intel: ISIS May Have Syrian Passport Printer