NDPS Printers and workstations

Servers: nw 5.1, 6.0, 6.5
Clients: Win 98, 2000, XP
edir 8.7.3.3, Zen4

I'm using NDPS printers for our schools. Currently when we add a new
printer, we have to go around to each desktop and add the printer and
driver.  Is there a way to just "associate" the printer w/ the users in eDir
and when the user logs on, it will connect the printer and install the
drivers?

If there is a TID, could you point me to it.

Thanks.

0
Zak
3/4/2005 10:22:55 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In NDPS there is the RPM(Remote Printer Management) that allows you to
associate the printer with a container , group or user and push the printer
and driver to the workstation.  If you use Netware Administrator, each
object will have RPM property and this is where you can define the printers
to push down.  You can both install and remove printers using this method.
You can even define which printer should be the default.

Hope that helps
BQ
"Zak" <nowhere@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Servers: nw 5.1, 6.0, 6.5
> Clients: Win 98, 2000, XP
> edir 8.7.3.3, Zen4
>
> I'm using NDPS printers for our schools. Currently when we add a new
> printer, we have to go around to each desktop and add the printer and
> driver.  Is there a way to just "associate" the printer w/ the users in
> eDir
> and when the user logs on, it will connect the printer and install the
> drivers?
>
> If there is a TID, could you point me to it.
>
> Thanks.

0
Brian

NDPS-Printer as LPTx-Printer at a Workstation?
Hi all, there is a possibility to create and distribute a NDPS-Printer that is connected on a LPT-port at a workstation? See http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10060125.htm "Arthur R." wrote: > Hi all, > there is a possibility to create and distribute a NDPS-Printer that is connected on a LPT-port at a workstation? -- Craig Wilson CNE3, 4, 5 - MCSE - CCNA NSC Sysop (http://support.novell.com/forums/) Tech Writer - http://www.ithowto.com (I Peter 4:10) Thanks for quick response Craig, but it is not what I need. I have a proble...

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

iPrint printer installs through NDPS but not through iPrint client
Hi, I'm trying to iPrint-enable some Brother HL1670 printers, but I'm running into a problem. When I try to to install them onto WinXP client workstations via the iPrint client, I get the error: Error message: The system cannot find the file specified Error group: Windows Error code: 2 However, if I try to add the printer through the 'add new printer' route, the drivers download and install perfectly. Any ideas why / how to trouble-shoot??? Thanks, Iain Hi again, It's OK, I've got it working. I found TID10086895 which suggests upg...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the the printer objects? Matt Markley Check this out: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10085365.htm -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] ...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the printer objects? Matt Markley I've been unsuccessful in getting iPrint to work when the NDPS manager is on another server. So what I did was create another NDPS manager/broker on my iPrint server...

Printer Support for iPrint
I work for state government and I've been asked by another agency to confirm that the Kyocera FS-9520DN printer will support iPrint. The printer is a network laser printer with an Ethernet jack and support for both TCP and LPR. It's my understanding that the only protocol that a printer must support in order to work with iPrint is IPP, but the specs document for the printer says nothing about IPP. I have asked the agency to contact Kyocera to confirm that the printer supports IPP. My basic question is; What does a printer need to support in order to be compatible wi...

NDPS Printers to workstations
I need to deploy printers to imported workstations. I am having trouble finding a successful way of accomplishing this through RPM. I have assigned printers to a container which contains nothing but workstations, but no luck. Works fine for users, groups, or even containers with users or groups. My users move around to different locations all day long. I need to distribute NDPS printers to workstations that way I can restrict what workstations print to what printers. Can anyone help me out here. Thanks in advance. carlossanchez2@cox.net wrote: > I need to deploy printers t...

NDPS Printers to workstations
I am having trouble depploying printers to workstations using RPM. I have assigned printers to a container with imported workstations but the printers do not install. For users and user groups/containers it works fine , but for workstations it does not. I need to be able to distribute printers to workstations, that way I can restrict which workstations print to what printers. Is this possible? Will iPrint give me a solution? So far I have attempted to create and associate a Novell iPrint Policy that is associated to a workstation only container, but with no luck. Although it ha...

ndps printer to workstation
How to associate a ndps printer to a group of workstations? Novell 6.5, zfd4 Pavle, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxe...

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

How to install NDPS printer on workstation
Hi what is the fastest and easiest way to install a new printer on a workstation ? I dont want to pass throw the add printer wizard everytimes Thanks Jac You can always go to the specific NDPS printer in NWAdmin go to the NDPS Remote Printer Management tab and check the Install to workstations in this container option. > Hi what is the fastest and easiest way to install a new printer on a > workstation ? > > I dont want to pass throw the add printer wizard everytimes > > Thanks > > Jac > > sys:\public\win3...

Assoc NDPS printer to Workstations
NW5.1sp6 , Zenworks 4.0 edir 8.7.3 We are using NWAdmin from ZFD3 to see NDPS objects. I can associate NDPS to users but how can I assign directly to workstations / workstation groups? I know it works for iprint etc but trying to push the envelope with NDPS. Hopefully someone may have done this Cheers Ray try asking in the ndp-neps forum Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

NDPS to iPrint issues, installs NDPS first then converts to iPRint
NW6.5 server with NDPS printers. I just recently started to use iPrint. Lets say I have a laptop that has the iPrint client installed. I delete ALL of the printers on the laptop, then I restart the laptop and login to netware. When the printers start pushing down, they are NDPS printers and not IPP printers. Now I haven't changed anything in imanager but I assumed that since the iprint client is installed, the NDPS would just turn off and IPP would take over. Am I wrong? I am still using NDPS printers on 100s of clients so I cant turn off NDPS all together. Do y...

iPrint and NDPS printers installing
We have and are still using NDPS printers, which I am pushing down via what group they are in. I have been rolling out iPrint to some of my users also, and setting iPrint to auto update the NDPS printers. I am seeing that even after iPrint updates the NDPS printers to IPP, after I restart, it pushes the NDPS printers back down. So I have two printers installed of the same printer, one is for NDPS and one is for iPrint. Any thoughts? Try un-associating that NDPS printer with the context/group it's being installed to? If it's already installed it'll stay there, b...

Web resources about - NDPS Printers and workstations - novell.support.iprint

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

App Store - iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices!
Get iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Anthro workstation with World of Warcraft
That’s a Mac Pro and three Apple 27″ Displays, mounted to an Anthro Elevate Adjusta with a Monitors in Motion Boa monitor arm. Yes, running World ...

Citrix WinFrame 1.8 upgrade from Windows NT 3.51 Workstation - YouTube
This is my recording of doing an in place upgrade of the elusive Citrix WinFrame 1.8 version of Windows NT 3.51. I was able to do an in place ...

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Fusion-IO Brings Flash Madness To Workstations, And Movies Like 'Hugo'
... the founding member of the AllThingsD Flash Madness Club , last summer’s hot IPO , said today it is bringing its flash technology to workstations. ...