Linux iPrint Winsock 10060 errors

We have moved the iPrint service to a Novell Enterprise 9 (sp2) system.
We can install the printers perfectly on the internal network, but on the
external interface (Firewall Protected), we get a Winsock 10060 error. I
have set the firewall to pass ports 80, 443 and 631, but either I am not
setting the firewall correctly, or I am missing something else.

Anyone any ideas on this matter. We have tried this out on another server
at a different location, with se same result. When the server was a
Novell 6.5 system, everything was fine.

Regards,

ChasR.
0
chas
10/4/2006 11:24:30 AM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sorted out the problem. In the Linux Firewall, I had 2 ports (21 & 631)
allowed to pass, or so I thought. I had 21,631 entered instead of 21 631
(space required instead of a comma). This solved the problem.

ChasR.

> We have moved the iPrint service to a Novell Enterprise 9 (sp2) system.
> We can install the printers perfectly on the internal network, but on
the
> external interface (Firewall Protected), we get a Winsock 10060 error.
> have set the firewall to pass ports 80, 443 and 631, but either I am
not
> setting the firewall correctly, or I am missing something else.
>
> Anyone any ideas on this matter. We have tried this out on another
server
> at a different location, with se same result. When the server was a
> Novell 6.5 system, everything was fine.
>
> Regards,
>
> ChasR.

0
chas
10/4/2006 3:06:48 PM
On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 11:24:30 +0000, chas wrote:

> We have moved the iPrint service to a Novell Enterprise 9 (sp2) system.
> we get a Winsock 10060 error

I just wanted to say that I've always found it interesting to see Winsock
errors on platforms other than Windows (NetWare and now Linux).

No matter what you just can't get away from M$.

Joe
0
Joseph

iprint Winsock Error code : 10060
Hello, We have Netware 6.5 SP5 also the post patches for NSS and server.exe , Iprint Ver 2.0.3.20060418 , this server has two different NIC and is working also as a router. The problem is as follow : 1.- The Webpage "Iprint Printers on Server" list takes a lot of time to generate and does not shows nothing, it need to be refreshed and not always works. 2.- When finally the printers list appears and click on any link of it , it takes a long time and finally we get WinSock Error Code : 10060 This seems to happened after we decide that Print Manager ...

Virtualized iPrint Winsock 10060 Errors
I have just brought up a Xen virtualized SLES10sp2/OES2sp1 server and have included the iPrint files. The iPrint Server version is 6.0.2008.1215-0.3. This server is configured to use its own NIC on the host (the host has 8 NICs). The iPrint server has a DNS entry. I have created the driver store (v2.00), the print manager (v2.00a), and one printer. Attempting to install the printer, using iPrint client v4.38 (Windows XP), results in Winsock 10060 - Connection has timed out error message. This occurs in IE7, IE8 and Firefox, and from different workstations. I do not have P...

Instaaling iprint printer winsock error 10060
We have Netware 6.5 SP8 with iPrint. Printing works fine. We use ZenWorks 7 to install printers through the Workstation Policy. This is where the problem begins. Policy is set to run on User Login. If the user is a member of the Local PC Admin group then the policy will run and the printer will install. However, if this user is only a Power User or a User (Students) then the policy will not run and if the user runs wmsched and highlights the policy and clicks "Run Now" they get an error "You do not have sufficient rights to complete the operation." If this...

iPrint winsock error 10060 and Windows 7 x64
We have recently been rolling out Windows 7 x64 in our school district. So far, I have finally been able to get iPrint policies in Zenworks to push to the system properly, if the user is an administrator. All our staff accounts are set as local administrator when they log into the computer. If a student logs in, they are set to users, and the printer policies will not push. If I go the the ipp web page, and attempt to install the printer that way, I get a Winsock error code 10060. Looking at the Zenworks error logs, they also show a return of error code 10060. The current setu...

iPrint iprint manager client errors
03/18/2008 08:07:28 PM, Operation Bind to Printer Agent:, Error: 506D000C - object not found, User Name, john-d.dept.KAI, Address, 172.25.28.143, Object Name: PA_Printer1 I receive multiple errors like the one above. What could possibly be the issue? -- john-po ------------------------------------------------------------------------ john-po;1518661 Wrote: > 03/18/2008 08:07:28 PM, Operation Bind to Printer Agent:, Error: > 506D000C - object not found, User Name, john-d.dept.KAI, Address, > 172.25.28.143, Object Name: PA_Printer1 > > ...

iPrint add Drivers problems with iMan on NetWare: 10060 Winsock error -- plugins for iManager 2.0.2 on Windows?
Hello, I cannot get rid of this 10060 Winsock connection lost error when adding printer drivers to the broker: The "Copy files" window *DOES* show up, but then after a while I get this error. I found just 2 TIDs covering that 10060, but both didn't help. So I thought about using iMan 2.0.2 on Windows, but here the iPrint Plugins are missing. On Download.novell.com I found a iprint.npm for iPrint 4.0: Is that the correct version for NW6.5.3? Or where can I find the required iprint.npm? filefinder doesn't give a single hit for iprint.npm... Regards, Rudi. P...

iPrint and WinSock Error
Hi, I hope someone can help, We have been using iPrint for our printing for some time now with no problems. However I have been investigating if it is possible to provide printing services to our wireless users and I am having some problems. The user connects to the printer display page http://<server>/ipp and then selects the printer they want to print to, however if the printer isn't installed, rather than download the driver the browser (IE) comes up with a winsock 10051 error which indicates that the network that it is trying to reach is unreachable. The user ...

iPrint functionality gone in Linux iPrint server
We have an application that uses specific fonts that need to be downloaded to the printer before the job prints. They are PCL fonts. A long time ago we would capture a printer to LPT1 and then run a program that would push the fonts to LPT1, then we'd print from the application. When we went to iPrint I talked to the iPrint developers and they came up with a great idea that has served us well. They suggested creating a print banner that was actually the font file. That way, when anyone tried printing to one of the printers setup for the application, it would automatically s...

iPrint errors on iManager for Linux
I have recently installed iManager 2.0.2 on SuSe Linux Enterprise Server 8. I'm having problems using the iPrint module. Here is the error I get when I try to startup/shutdown the Broker: Could not find native libraries for com.novell.service.ndps.eMFrameStartup. I'm getting similar messages in the other iPrint tasks. Any help would be appreciated. Any additional info needed, please let me know. Thanks Dan Romes dromes20@myrealbox.com Looks remarkably similar to the issue reported in http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10092843.htm . Unf...

IPrint and Winsock 10061 Error
Running NW6SP3. When adding a print driver to the NDPS Broker, I receive the dreaded Winsock 10061 Error. I've been trying to troubleshoot this issue for weeks with no results. Ports 443 and 631 are available. Have tried almost every TID available and been through the forum postings too many times. Every recommended fix I have tried does not work. What else could possibly be causing this issue? I would greatly appreciate some suggestions. Steve Here's some ideas: 1. Is the module IPPSRVR.NLM loaded on the server? If not, try manually loading it,...

Error enabling iPrint Support
In iManager on a 6.5sp2 box. 'Call NOvell Technical Supp' then... com.novell.service.ndps.NDPSNativeLibError\r\n at com.novell.service.ndps.NDPSManager.PsmListMODObjects(Native Method)\r\n at com.novell.service.ndps.NDPSManager.getMODObjects(NDPSManager.java:340)\r\n at com.novell.imanage.iPrint.EnableIPPTask.doListPrinters(EnableIPPTask.java:245)\r\n at com.novell.imanage.iPrint.EnableIPPTask.execute(EnableIPPTask.java:116)\r\n at com.novell.emframe.dev.Task.execute(Task.java:461)\r\n at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.BaseGadgetInstance.processRequest(BaseGadgetInstance....

iPrint and Winsock error 10049
All, iPrint has been humming along quite nicely for the past year or so. We are a traditional NetWare shop, version 6.5sp7. The past two days two separate users could not print at all. Both are WinXP sp3. One of the users is a local admin, the other is not. Both of the problem desk tops would allow one of my higher eDirectory level user accounts to log in and print till the cows came home. The regular user could not (not even the local WinXP admin user). They both were seeing winsock 10049 and spoolsrv errors: 7/23/2009 - 11:10:43 AM Module: spoolsv.exe Trace Info...

iPrint / IPRINT.EXE
I am in the process of setting up iPrint on a Netware 6.5 evaluation copy and I am trying to use iCapture but I can not find the program anywhere. The documentation says Novell iCapture is installed when you install the iPrint Client which I did. On Start > Programs > Novell iPrint I can only see Iprint Client and Uninstall iPrint Client. Again documentation says to use Start > Programs > Novell iPrint > iPrint Settings > iCapture I do not get this option. What should I do? Where can I find iprint.exe? camilop@mindspring.com (Camilo Perez) wrote in message ...

Linux iPrint client, secure iPrint and command line printing
novell-iprint-xclient-sh-0.5.20050201-4.i586.rpm SuSE Linux 9.3 Netware 6.5 SP4 Printer Agent with Medium security and SSL turned on You cannot print to secure iPrint printers from the command line interface with the above setup. (The same problem occurs in Mac OSX from the commmand line) Is this going to be addressed, or is there a way round this? Regards Charles Will check this out. In the meantime, what about the sl client??? >>> On 12/13/2005 at 8:02 am, in message <%nBnf.9402$ME5.8243@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Charles Short<cems2@cam.ac.u...

Web resources about - Linux iPrint Winsock 10060 errors - novell.support.iprint

Winsock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , the Windows Sockets API (WSA) , which was later shortened to Winsock , is a technical specification that defines how Windows network ...

Thanks for Trumpet Winsock - Recognising an unsung hero
Recognising an unsung hero Do you remember connecting to the Internet in 1994 or 1995? Those of you do probably remember Trumpet Winsock. That ...

WinSock and more Open Source for your Windows Store apps
... platform commonality through universal Windows app... Today I want to follow up with some exciting news about the availability of WinSock and ...

David Treadwell - CrunchBase Profile
David Treadwell is corporate vice president of Microsoft’s Live Platform Services, a group that’s defining and implementing the next generation ...

Spyware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spyware is a type of malware (malicious software) installed on computers that collects information about users without their knowledge. The presence ...

ActiveXperts Software - Product overview
Network Monitoring products and Windows Development components and tools by ActiveXperts Software

Weblib Database @ Alaska Software
... compatibility Version(1)Date(14.03.1900)Time(15:00:00)Size(93431)Needs(1.3.212)OS(W32)Format(ZIP)Language(Intl)Keywords(Socket, Internet, Winsock, ...

Freelancing tips - Binary Tides
... Adsense Database Freelancing Linux Programming Hacking Networking PHP Php Snippets Tutorial Socket Programming C Java Perl PHP Python Winsock ...

U-Mail邮件系统常见的退信分析 - U-MAIL邮件服务器资讯 - 比特博客
U-Mail邮件系统常见的退信分析看退信最下面的日志,并按照相应的错误信息进行匹配。511 sorry, no mailbox here by that nameunknown user account... User unknownName server r ..