IPX printer to IP printers NDPS

We have our printers running IPX

And they are also assigned IP address -

The IP address is running of HP Printer server boxes -

We want to move all our printer of IPX - to Pure IP still using the HP Print
server boxes -

To use the IP for multiple printers

What steps do we need to take to make this happen?

Thanks

we run NW 5.2 SP6

0
Nagata
1/24/2006 9:32:09 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Nagata,

> We have our printers running IPX

I assume that you are using legacy print queues in NDS that are polled by
the print servers. The print servers then sends the print job to the
printer.

What you need to do is the following;
1. Make sure all printers/print servers are assigned an IP adress. From
what you say this is already taken care of.

2. Install NDPS on the NetWare server.

3. Create NDPS Printer objects for all the printers in NDS. Connect the
printer objects to the printers IP address using the Novell Printer
Gateway.

4. Configure each Printer object to service the appropriate legacy NDS
print queue.

5. Remove IPX on the print servers.

6. Install the NDPS Print Agent on the workstations.

7. Distribute the NDPS printers to the workstations.

8. Remove the old queue based printers from the workstations

9. Remove IPX from the workstations-

Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS
Network Consultant/NSC Sysop
InfraSystems Solutions

0
Niclas

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

Printer is a Printer
Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? Our application requires that once a button is press, we print a form and the client signs it. We display a dialog allowing you to pick a printer, but the printer list contains, 'non-printers'. And we do not want to show them. I realize that this may not be possible, but I have to ask. Thanks Edwin, > Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? > > Our application requires that once a button is press, we prin...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the printer objects? Matt Markley I've been unsuccessful in getting iPrint to work when the NDPS manager is on another server. So what I did was create another NDPS manager/broker on my iPrint server...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the the printer objects? Matt Markley Check this out: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10085365.htm -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] ...

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #3
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #4
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #2
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

Printer.Printers does not show all installed printers
I use this code with Delphi 2007: for I := 0 to Pred(Printer.Printers.Count) do Listbox1.items.add(Printer.Printers[I]); I have a customer that has a Xerox Phaser printer installed which is his default printer but it does not show in the list. He is using Windows 7, 64bit. Anyone have an idea as to why this might happen ? Thanks JT ...

iPrint printer installs through NDPS but not through iPrint client
Hi, I'm trying to iPrint-enable some Brother HL1670 printers, but I'm running into a problem. When I try to to install them onto WinXP client workstations via the iPrint client, I get the error: Error message: The system cannot find the file specified Error group: Windows Error code: 2 However, if I try to add the printer through the 'add new printer' route, the drivers download and install perfectly. Any ideas why / how to trouble-shoot??? Thanks, Iain Hi again, It's OK, I've got it working. I found TID10086895 which suggests upg...

Adding Printer Functions to iPrint printers
Running iPrint 2.0.1; NW 6, sp3. I am allowing the users to install the printer on their own by supplying the link to the iPrint intall web page via a GroupWise e-mail. That works fine and the printer gets installed (excpet on this particular printer it asks for user authentication, which is a new issue, but I'll address that later). The new printer has additional paper bins and a manual feed tray and I want to be able to push out these settings without the users having to individually set them. I was able to isolate the registry settings and imported them into an app...

how to move printers from a dead NDPS printer
Hello, we're having some problems with one of our NetWare 6.0 sp5 servers running NDPS. We will be doing some work on it, but before we can begin, we need to have a plan for the printers, should the server never come back up. Has anyone had experience with or can anyone point me to a TID that covers this please? I looked on Novell's web site, but couldn't find anything. Thanks, Mari In theory, you should be able to load the NDPS Manager on a different server. The NDPS Manager database is regularly backed up to the NDS, and when loading the NDPS Manager on a...

Web resources about - IPX printer to IP printers NDPS - novell.support.iprint

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Paragon Printers in voluntary liquidation, leaving 50 people out of work
Fyshwick's Paragon Printers is in voluntary liquidation, owing creditors more than $3 million.

Review: da Vinci Jr budget 3D printer
The da Vinci Jr makes 3D printing more affordable than ever, but it's a long way from the Star Trek replicator-style precision instrument you ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $40, Nomad Apple Watch Stand $41, Samsung 48″ 4K UHDTV $500 ...
... us out on: Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Brother compact Laser printer: ...

In the Garden of 3D Printers
... (the long tube it uses as a mouth)." Of course, a very similar experiment could have been done using handmade model flowers—not 3D printers—and ...