iPrint Printer - The printer encountered an internal error

Hi

I can�t add new printerdrivers to the Broker after uppgrading to NW65-Sp3
and iManager 2.5. I always end up with the message "iPrint Printer - The
printer encountered an internal error". I tryed several different drivers.

I have a uniqueID (admin) for my Admin user and the iPrint.jar and
ndps.jar are updated for iManager 2.5.

Have anyone the answer to solve this problem ?

Thank�s in advance
//Max

0
max
5/19/2005 3:15:40 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

max.ernestal@lindesberg.se wrote:
> Hi
>
> I can�t add new printerdrivers to the Broker after uppgrading to NW65-Sp3
> and iManager 2.5. I always end up with the message "iPrint Printer - The
> printer encountered an internal error". I tryed several different drivers.
>
> I have a uniqueID (admin) for my Admin user and the iPrint.jar and
> ndps.jar are updated for iManager 2.5.
>
> Have anyone the answer to solve this problem ?
>

> Thank�s in advance
> //Max

Hello Max,

I too have seen this problem.  Here are some things to try.
1.  Re-install the iprint.nps plugin into iManager
2.  Remove iPrint client 4.05 reboot and install iPrint client 3.12.
3.  I had problems when trying to upload drivers when I tried to run
iManager from a server that was not running the broker.  I could only
get it to reliably work when running iManager from the server running
the broker.

Hopefully one of these suggestions will help you out.

Wayne
0
Wayne
5/19/2005 6:37:28 PM
Thank�s a lot Wayne

I removed iPrint client 4.05 and installed iPrint client 3.12 and that
solved the problem.

Greetings Max

0
max
5/20/2005 8:47:56 AM
max.ernestal@lindesberg.se wrote:
> Hi
>
> I can�t add new printerdrivers to the Broker after uppgrading to NW65-Sp3
> and iManager 2.5. I always end up with the message "iPrint Printer - The
> printer encountered an internal error". I tryed several different drivers.
>
> I have a uniqueID (admin) for my Admin user and the iPrint.jar and
> ndps.jar are updated for iManager 2.5.
>
> Have anyone the answer to solve this problem ?

We solved the problem by running a Check volumes and trustees repair on
the active cluster node which was running iPrint.
(NW6.5 SP3, iPrint 4.05, iManager 2.0.2).

Arjan Schepers
ROC van Twente
0
Arjan
5/20/2005 2:55:16 PM
> We solved the problem by running a Check volumes and trustees repair on
> the active cluster node which was running iPrint.
> (NW6.5 SP3, iPrint 4.05, iManager 2.0.2).

We are having the same problem again :-(
Now, the above fix does not work anymore .. any thoughts ?

Arjan Schepers
ROC van Twente
0
Arjan
5/23/2005 9:03:39 AM
Tried iprintjar3.exe to no avail.

Arjan Schepers
ROC van Twente
0
Arjan
5/23/2005 9:18:26 AM
Arjan Schepers wrote:
> Tried iprintjar3.exe to no avail.
>
> Arjan Schepers
> ROC van Twente

Solution this time was to revert to iPrint client 3.09. I'm curious what
the next solution will be, the next time driver uploads fail :/

Arjan Schepers
ROC van Twente
0
Arjan

iprint printer
Hello, try to install a iPrint printer via firefox on my SLED10 Box with Netware Linux Client 1.2 and running KDE (tested as root and normal user). Get Error: iprint printer - the printer experienced a temporary error. Please try the requst later. (the missing letter e in requst is not my cause, its real !). Found tid 10099511 on support.novell.com. My server is OES Sp2 and the two scripts the TID relates are the same version as in the TID. Any idea? Werner Seifert netcomp.at, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That conce...

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

iPrint printer does not print through iPrint
We have iPrint working and have been using for a long time without any problems. We recently received a HP OfficeJet Pro K550 printer to put on the network. I uploaded the drivers, made the agent and all is good with that. However, the printer will not print if going through iPrint, although it says the print was successful. I tried printing to it directly from the TCP/IP port and it works fine, so its obviously a iPrint issue. To try to track down where it is getting held up, I paused output on the iPrint agent and printed to the iPrint printer. The job stays in the queue...

IPRINT: deleted printer to recreate, error: printer name still exists, but not visible!!
Hi all, I'm trying to delete and recreate a printer with the exact same name through iManager. When I try to do this iManager complains that a printer with the same name already exists .. I've rebooted the server and still no luck. The error I'm getting is "An object with that name already exists. Please select another name." yet the object no longer exists. Is there something I have to purge? Also, it would be really nice if we could do a search on these forums, instead of wading through the zillions of messages to find out if the question has alre...

Printer Support for iPrint
I work for state government and I've been asked by another agency to confirm that the Kyocera FS-9520DN printer will support iPrint. The printer is a network laser printer with an Ethernet jack and support for both TCP and LPR. It's my understanding that the only protocol that a printer must support in order to work with iPrint is IPP, but the specs document for the printer says nothing about IPP. I have asked the agency to contact Kyocera to confirm that the printer supports IPP. My basic question is; What does a printer need to support in order to be compatible wi...

Adding Printer Functions to iPrint printers
Running iPrint 2.0.1; NW 6, sp3. I am allowing the users to install the printer on their own by supplying the link to the iPrint intall web page via a GroupWise e-mail. That works fine and the printer gets installed (excpet on this particular printer it asks for user authentication, which is a new issue, but I'll address that later). The new printer has additional paper bins and a manual feed tray and I want to be able to push out these settings without the users having to individually set them. I was able to isolate the registry settings and imported them into an app...

iPrint
I am attempting to add a print driver for an HP Deskjet 940c to the Broker through iManager. I am running NW65 SP2. I download the Windows 9x driver from HP, extract it to a directory on the server. I then click "Add from File" and find the INF file. The system takes over from there creating a temp directory on the workstation, copying all the files to that directory and then it comes up with a "HTTP 500: Internal Server Error". I am doing this with IE 6.0. Will try Netscape next. Any ideas? Thanks, Wes Hegge Ping localhost if you can not then yo...

Outlook is slow when an iPrint Printer is the default Printer
OS: Windows XPSP2 iPrint Client 4.15 or 4.16 Lokal installed Printer HP 3050 1. Problem: When a local installed Printer is the default Printer the performance is OK. When an iPrint printer is the default printer you have to wait approx. 10 - 15 sec. when you open an Email in Outlook. 2. Problem When the "Toolbox" service from the printer HP 3050 is running we have massive network traffic between the client and the iPrint Server. The spoolsv.exe continuous contact the server an transfers data to it. Michael --____LFOPDDSEZNFHQREGNSDU____ Content-Type: tex...

iPrint printer installs through NDPS but not through iPrint client
Hi, I'm trying to iPrint-enable some Brother HL1670 printers, but I'm running into a problem. When I try to to install them onto WinXP client workstations via the iPrint client, I get the error: Error message: The system cannot find the file specified Error group: Windows Error code: 2 However, if I try to add the printer through the 'add new printer' route, the drivers download and install perfectly. Any ideas why / how to trouble-shoot??? Thanks, Iain Hi again, It's OK, I've got it working. I found TID10086895 which suggests upg...

Can I configure CUPS printers to iPrint printers?
I installed iPrint on OES2 Linux. I have a CUPS on SLES 9 and many printers are connected and sharing. Can I configure CUPS printers to iPrint printers? Thx. -- yjkim ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Do you mean you are searching for a tool that will automatically convert cups printers to iPrint printers? If yes, I'm not aware of the existence of such a tool. Maybe if you are able to export your pritner information in some table format, then you might be able to create your printers with a small script file using iprn...

Change the printer driver after iPrint printer is installed?
2 questions: After I upload the driver to the Broker, do I need to restart Broker.nlm? After I download the iPrint printer to my XP workstation and then I change the printer driver from PS to PCL on my workstation. Will the printer uses the PCL or the PS driver from my workstation? Thanks Ronny ronny@ukschool.uk wrote: > >After I upload the driver to the Broker, do I need to restart Broker.nlm? No. >After I download the iPrint printer to my XP workstation and then I change >the printer driver from PS to PCL on my workstation. Will the printer uses >the ...

iPrint DNS printer names and multiple printers
Is it feasible to setup a printer in iPrint using a DNS name instead of an IP address and have that DNS name point to multiple printers (IP Addresses)? Only one of which would be active at any given time. -- dalakey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dalakey wrote: >Is it feasible to setup a printer in iPrint using a DNS name instead of >an IP address and have that DNS name point to multiple printers (IP >Addresses)? Only one of which would be active at any given time. I assume you are referring to the printer agent here....

the Printer error (NDPS Printer Error)
hello I got some problems of installing Printer. the enviornment is like below. - Client 4.83 Sp1 - NetWare 5.1 Sp4 - ZenWorks 3.2 Sp1 - Printer : Hp LaserJet 6P Hp DeskJet 5600 - OS : Windows2000 WorksStation Now, the state of Tcp/Ip Print Server Service is 'Start' and 'Auto', and Novell Distributed Print Service is On. I intended to install the remote print on the Windows2000 WorkStation. After installing, I expected the message 'idle'. However, it`s occured 'idle>error printing or print not connected'. But, the printe...

iPrint error when installing printers.
Installed iPrint client with no issues. when I attempt to install a printer, the following error message is displayed. Error message: iPrint Driver Install - The specified Driver file is already in use. Error Group: iPrint Driver Install Error Code: -4 Tried to resolve by reinstalling iPrint client, did not work. I then attempted to update to the lates client version. still no go. PLEASE HELP!!!! What OS and what iPrint client version are you running? Installed iPrint client with no issues. when I attempt to install a > printer, the following error message is di...

Web resources about - iPrint Printer - The printer encountered an internal error - novell.support.iprint

Objects encountered by the SR 99 tunneling machine - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Large boulders and a section of flattened pipe encountered by Bertha, the SR 99 tunneling machine, lie in the tunnel construction zone. All of ...

Julia Gillard tells BBC sexist attitudes she encountered as PM weren't 'something Australian'
Julia Gillard has told a global audience that the sexism she endured as prime minister, while taking a toll on her, will make it easier for the ...

Enterovirus: How frontline U.S. doctors first encountered EV-D68
The kids poured into hospital wheezing, unable to say a sentence without gasping. Dr. Mary Anne Jackson knew that she had an unusual disease ...

Horseback riders who encountered Hannah Anderson, James DiMaggio say pair seemed out of place
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Thomas Roberts: Russia’s Gay Journalists Have Encountered My Biggest Fear, ‘Rejection’
... Plaza. That was until this week, when he arrived in Moscow to co-host the Miss Universe Pageant. “The people that I’ve spoken to have encountered ...

Why haven’t we encountered aliens yet? The answer could be climate change
ESO/L. Calçada, CC BY (The Conversation) Enrico Fermi, when asked about intelligent life on other planets, famously replied, “Where are they?” ...

How to Fix Error 0xC1900101 - 0x20004 (Stuck At 25%), Encountered In Microsoft Windows 10 Install
Many users have reported their Windows 10 install progress gets stuck at 25%; file copy stalls at 84%; here's a simple fix.

"We often encountered Professor Yin’s frisky and playful cats, peering curiously around a corner or darting ...
"Those cats got more attention and care and love than most pets." From the the UW School of Public Health Department of Neuroscience letter defending ...

Apologies if you've already encountered the Owl Jolson Story. It's still the best story I can offer tonight ...
It turns out that the little owl dubbed Owl Jolson isn't a youngster but a saw-whet, a species of owl "that only grows to a height of 7 or 8 ...

Top impediments to Agile adoptions that I've encountered
Organisational structures, systems, policies were not updated so the change did not spread nor survive beyond the influence of a few key individuals ...