iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening)

Hi,

I've been searching about a solution reguarding the slow connection to the
printer: applications take ages to connect to user's printer, application
status was: opening (printer status stayed in opening for 10 seconds ...)
I've seen some post about that but without any real solution, well, the
proposed one didn't do anything for our system.

We're using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 in windows 2000 server SP4 with many
hotfixes ...

The problems was this hotfixe: KB324446
After removing it the problem went away. BTW, removing this hotfix solve
many slowness of the applications ...

I've seen that we're not the only one that have this problem so i wanted
to share our solution.

Good luck.
0
william
1/13/2005 12:09:18 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Hi,
>
> I've been searching about a solution reguarding the slow connection to the
> printer: applications take ages to connect to user's printer, application
> status was: opening (printer status stayed in opening for 10 seconds ...)
> I've seen some post about that but without any real solution, well, the
> proposed one didn't do anything for our system.
>
> We're using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 in windows 2000 server SP4 with many
> hotfixes ...
>
> The problems was this hotfixe: KB324446
> After removing it the problem went away. BTW, removing this hotfix solve
> many slowness of the applications ...
>
> I've seen that we're not the only one that have this problem so i wanted
> to share our solution.
>
> Good luck.

Just tried the new 3.12 IPP client and I am still geting the saem error
message.
0
jloy
1/13/2005 6:24:16 PM
check if you have the hotfix, if so just remove it and try again ... most
likely the iprint client is not the problem ...
0
william

Outlook is slow when an iPrint Printer is the default Printer
OS: Windows XPSP2 iPrint Client 4.15 or 4.16 Lokal installed Printer HP 3050 1. Problem: When a local installed Printer is the default Printer the performance is OK. When an iPrint printer is the default printer you have to wait approx. 10 - 15 sec. when you open an Email in Outlook. 2. Problem When the "Toolbox" service from the printer HP 3050 is running we have massive network traffic between the client and the iPrint Server. The spoolsv.exe continuous contact the server an transfers data to it. Michael --____LFOPDDSEZNFHQREGNSDU____ Content-Type: tex...

iprint client looks very slow to connect to the printer.
Hi, Our system: Windows 2000 SP4, Terminal Server Citrix MetaFrame XPe 1.8 Iprint Client version 3.11 We are using the iprint system since almost 1 year without any major problems, well all have been solved ... . But know we are having some kind of slowness issue. Let me explain ... When a user wants to print, he goes to the print menu, where you can choose for a printer, so he clicks on a printer and then he have to wait in between 10 & 20 seconds before the printer is selected/ If the user asked to print to the default printer, the applications (word, lotus notes, ....

iPrint Printer Status "opening"
--____NUJMZMBWLDUFWQXJQTDE____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 27 Dec 2005 07:17:33 -0600" I have recently deployed the iPrint client and some iPrint printers on = some test Windows XP SP2 machines. I'm using the built in iPrint Policy = within Console one. The client and printers install great with no = problems. But, the iPrint printer status is "opening". The printers = never switch to "ready" and I can not print to them or open pr...

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

iPrint client install prompt when opening iPrint printer Web page
NDPSM 3.01 Broker 3.0.9 NW 6.5 SP2 IE 6 When I go to the iPrint Printer Web page (http://IP-address/ipp) am I prompted to install the iPrint Client : "The iPrint client must be installed before you can proceed" I can not see the list of printers without installing the client. Have a test-server where the same user can see the iPrint printer Web Page with all the printers without installing the iPrint Client. Do anyone know how I turn off this promt and get my production server as my Test-server ? Have a similar problem using FireFox. Jan Erik Holo This sounds...

iPrint printer does not print through iPrint
We have iPrint working and have been using for a long time without any problems. We recently received a HP OfficeJet Pro K550 printer to put on the network. I uploaded the drivers, made the agent and all is good with that. However, the printer will not print if going through iPrint, although it says the print was successful. I tried printing to it directly from the TCP/IP port and it works fine, so its obviously a iPrint issue. To try to track down where it is getting held up, I paused output on the iPrint agent and printed to the iPrint printer. The job stays in the queue...

iprint printer slow
We have a customer with two printers configured via Iprint. One Canon one Xerox both using the Novell Gateway. After rebooting the server both print fine for a few days. The Xerox then suddenly takes a turn for the worst being if you send print jobs too it, they sit in the spool for hours on end. The first job seems to go fairly quick, but each additional job takes approximately 20 minutes to start printing. The printer checks out fine and if I print to it directly from workstation to printer there is no issue. Unloading and reloading the manager helps the first job but again the re...

Printer Support for iPrint
I work for state government and I've been asked by another agency to confirm that the Kyocera FS-9520DN printer will support iPrint. The printer is a network laser printer with an Ethernet jack and support for both TCP and LPR. It's my understanding that the only protocol that a printer must support in order to work with iPrint is IPP, but the specs document for the printer says nothing about IPP. I have asked the agency to contact Kyocera to confirm that the printer supports IPP. My basic question is; What does a printer need to support in order to be compatible wi...

Adding Printer Functions to iPrint printers
Running iPrint 2.0.1; NW 6, sp3. I am allowing the users to install the printer on their own by supplying the link to the iPrint intall web page via a GroupWise e-mail. That works fine and the printer gets installed (excpet on this particular printer it asks for user authentication, which is a new issue, but I'll address that later). The new printer has additional paper bins and a manual feed tray and I want to be able to push out these settings without the users having to individually set them. I was able to isolate the registry settings and imported them into an app...

iPrint DNS printer names and multiple printers
Is it feasible to setup a printer in iPrint using a DNS name instead of an IP address and have that DNS name point to multiple printers (IP Addresses)? Only one of which would be active at any given time. -- dalakey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dalakey wrote: >Is it feasible to setup a printer in iPrint using a DNS name instead of >an IP address and have that DNS name point to multiple printers (IP >Addresses)? Only one of which would be active at any given time. I assume you are referring to the printer agent here....

iPrint printer installs through NDPS but not through iPrint client
Hi, I'm trying to iPrint-enable some Brother HL1670 printers, but I'm running into a problem. When I try to to install them onto WinXP client workstations via the iPrint client, I get the error: Error message: The system cannot find the file specified Error group: Windows Error code: 2 However, if I try to add the printer through the 'add new printer' route, the drivers download and install perfectly. Any ideas why / how to trouble-shoot??? Thanks, Iain Hi again, It's OK, I've got it working. I found TID10086895 which suggests upg...

Can I configure CUPS printers to iPrint printers?
I installed iPrint on OES2 Linux. I have a CUPS on SLES 9 and many printers are connected and sharing. Can I configure CUPS printers to iPrint printers? Thx. -- yjkim ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Do you mean you are searching for a tool that will automatically convert cups printers to iPrint printers? If yes, I'm not aware of the existence of such a tool. Maybe if you are able to export your pritner information in some table format, then you might be able to create your printers with a small script file using iprn...

Change the printer driver after iPrint printer is installed?
2 questions: After I upload the driver to the Broker, do I need to restart Broker.nlm? After I download the iPrint printer to my XP workstation and then I change the printer driver from PS to PCL on my workstation. Will the printer uses the PCL or the PS driver from my workstation? Thanks Ronny ronny@ukschool.uk wrote: > >After I upload the driver to the Broker, do I need to restart Broker.nlm? No. >After I download the iPrint printer to my XP workstation and then I change >the printer driver from PS to PCL on my workstation. Will the printer uses >the ...

Web resources about - iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening) - novell.support.iprint