iPrint on Windows 7 32 Bit - Spooler and iPrint Client crash

Hey Everyone,

Iam sorry, I think this issue has been up here about a 1000 times
(mostly relating to WinXP I think), but my knowledge of iPrint ist
pretty close to zero and the support guys asked me if I could open up a
thread in the novell forums.


My colleagues have encountered problems with the iPrint Client on
Windows 7. 
Iam not quite sure, that this issue is related to iPrint and Iam not
really familiar with iPrint Administration / Support (Iam trying to get
into this at the moment), so I will try to outline the problems. In the
forums I could only find similar problems related with Windows XP with
far older iPrint Versions than the ones we have in use.

We got about 15 Devices (running Windows 7) out of roundabout 1000 on
which the Spooler Service and iPrint Client crashes. Leading to no
printers being shown - and the user can not restart the Spooler
Service.
This problem came up after the first devices were migrated to Win7.

SO FAR EVERYTHING THE COLLEAGUES FOUND OUT IS:
This seems to be Hardware-independent and only happens on Win7 devices
(Windows 7 32Bit).

This mainly happened on Workstations using iPrint Printers by HP, but
on some devices there were Rico Printers installed. (But in all cases
there were HP Printers set up via iPrint)

The HP Printers are either set up with UPD 5.1 Drivers or with
Printerspecific Drivers. Changing the Drivers does not fix it in every
case.
We are using UPD 5.1 because it was recommended to us. The latest
versions seem to be buggy or something? If thats not the case, I can
definetly try upgrading to 5.4 - Any experience with the 5.4 UPD?

There is only one device which more or less lets you reproduce the
issue, in all other cases this seems to happen at random.
So at least I could get some logs etc...
Is there any way to troubleshoot the iPrint Client? So far I havent
found any logs, but I will check the documentation as soon as Iam
finished with my current project.

Sorry for posting such a typical Thread which should be rewarded with a
"R.T.F.M.", but this matter is really urgent.

Client Side IPP: 5.74
Server OS: OES 2 SP3 on SLES 10
novell-iprint-iprntman-6.3.20110909-0.7
novell-iprint-server-6.3.20110909-0.7
yast2-novell-iprint-2.14.8-66
novell-iprint-client-6.3.20111110-0.9
novell-iprint-migration-6.3.20110909-0.7
novell-iprint-management-6.3.20110909-0.7


-- 
Once upon a time there was a guy named �mse...
------------------------------------------------------------------------



0
schiggieh
2/7/2012 2:06:02 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
822 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

On 07/02/12 15:06, schiggieh wrote:
>
> Hey Everyone,
>
> Iam sorry, I think this issue has been up here about a 1000 times
> (mostly relating to WinXP I think), but my knowledge of iPrint ist
> pretty close to zero and the support guys asked me if I could open up a
> thread in the novell forums.
>
>
> My colleagues have encountered problems with the iPrint Client on
> Windows 7.
> Iam not quite sure, that this issue is related to iPrint and Iam not
> really familiar with iPrint Administration / Support (Iam trying to get
> into this at the moment), so I will try to outline the problems. In the
> forums I could only find similar problems related with Windows XP with
> far older iPrint Versions than the ones we have in use.
>
> We got about 15 Devices (running Windows 7) out of roundabout 1000 on
> which the Spooler Service and iPrint Client crashes. Leading to no
> printers being shown - and the user can not restart the Spooler
> Service.
> This problem came up after the first devices were migrated to Win7.
>
> SO FAR EVERYTHING THE COLLEAGUES FOUND OUT IS:
> This seems to be Hardware-independent and only happens on Win7 devices
> (Windows 7 32Bit).
>
> This mainly happened on Workstations using iPrint Printers by HP, but
> on some devices there were Rico Printers installed. (But in all cases
> there were HP Printers set up via iPrint)
>
> The HP Printers are either set up with UPD 5.1 Drivers or with
> Printerspecific Drivers. Changing the Drivers does not fix it in every
> case.
> We are using UPD 5.1 because it was recommended to us. The latest
> versions seem to be buggy or something? If thats not the case, I can
> definetly try upgrading to 5.4 - Any experience with the 5.4 UPD?
>
> There is only one device which more or less lets you reproduce the
> issue, in all other cases this seems to happen at random.
> So at least I could get some logs etc...
> Is there any way to troubleshoot the iPrint Client? So far I havent
> found any logs, but I will check the documentation as soon as Iam
> finished with my current project.
>
> Sorry for posting such a typical Thread which should be rewarded with a
> "R.T.F.M.", but this matter is really urgent.
>
> Client Side IPP: 5.74
> Server OS: OES 2 SP3 on SLES 10
> novell-iprint-iprntman-6.3.20110909-0.7
> novell-iprint-server-6.3.20110909-0.7
> yast2-novell-iprint-2.14.8-66
> novell-iprint-client-6.3.20111110-0.9
> novell-iprint-migration-6.3.20110909-0.7
> novell-iprint-management-6.3.20110909-0.7
>
>

did you apply this hot-fixes from Microsoft?: if not, you have to do so


http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2511290
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2546651

0
Mysterious
2/7/2012 2:30:40 PM
Hey Mysterious,

I will check this right away, thanks for your tipp! :)


-- 
Once upon a time there was a guy named �mse...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
schiggieh's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=55814
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=451928

0
schiggieh
2/7/2012 2:56:02 PM
Thank you Mysterious for the hotfix references, hopefully that will solve my 
issue.  But, for the HP printers, you may also want to check the firmware 
loaded on those printers.  We had some issues with printing and HP advised 
that the latest UPD releases are not too compatible with the older 
firmware-- particularly with PDF docs but also with Word, like dropping the 
last few lines of print, delays in printing that could be as long as 60 
minutes due to a lack of response from the printer, I am not sure I remember 
all of the individual complaints.  In fact, I have another incident open 
with HP because printing PDF selecting 2 pages/sheet prints 2 black boxes 
using WIN 7 or WIn xp, Iprint or no.

"schiggieh"  wrote in message 
news:schiggieh.57kl7b@no-mx.forums.novell.com...


Hey Mysterious,

I will check this right away, thanks for your tipp! :)


-- 
Once upon a time there was a guy named �mse...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
schiggieh's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=55814
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=451928 

0
PatM
2/7/2012 9:40:24 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

After installation of SP 7 for NW 6.5 and deployment of iprint client 4.32 iprint printing gets extremely slow
We have a Kyocera Mita FS-6950DN printer, which was working like every other printer before applying NW 6.5 Sp7. Since applying NW6.5 SP7, which includes iprint client 4.32 printing to this printer from any application out of WinXP has gotten really slow. Sometimes you have to wait 2 minutes till a print job of 3 pages completes from within the application, which on another printer needs only seconds and does only need seconds if the same printer is used as a NDPS printer. I can easily backrev the iprint client to 4.30, but is it safe to backrev the iprint modules of the apache server to th...

NO iPrint webpage
Hello NG, when i try to open the iPrint Webpage https://10.0.1.1/ippdocs/nipp.exe with this command, the APACHE Server returns the following message .... (in German) Objekt nicht gefunden! Der angeforderte URL konnte auf dem Server nicht gefunden werden. Sofern Sie den URL manuell eingegeben haben, =FCberpr=FCfen Sie bitte die Schreibweise und versuchen Sie es erneut. Sofern Sie dies f=FCr eine Fehlfunktion des Servers halten, informieren Sie bitte den Webmaster hier=FCber. Error 404 10.0.1.1 Friday, October 28, 2005 20:13:59 Apache/2.0.54 (NETWARE) PHP/4.2.4-dev mod_jk/1....

Windows XP without the iPrint client and secure iPrint printers
Netware OES, secure iPrint, Windows XP SP2 I was interested to see how Windows XP handles printing to secure iPrint printers without the iPrint client installed. This might be a useful option for users that do not like installing any 3rd party clients on their PC's. I followed this route - Goto Printers/Faxes section and select 'add a printer' In the wizard select Network printer. Then select the URL box titled 'Connect to a printer on the Internet...' and type in the URL as follows - https://[iprint server ipaddress]:443/ipps/[printer name] This i...

iPrint, Win 7 & Broker
I have upgraded my NW 6.5 SP 8 server to the latest patch level and also my iPrint Client to 5.30. But, when I go to my broker and attempt to upload drivers I get an error that an iPrint Client great than version 4.15 or newer is required. This happens from both a Windows 7 32 and 64 bit workstation. It happens in IE 8 running as administrator. Anyone else seen this? Thanks -- Phillip Roberts Assistant Network Administrator Vermont Law School ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:26:02 +0000, justenglabs wr...

iPrint clients getting prompted to update iPrint client
--____IYBGNMVWZVQRBADZZZEZ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 23 Feb 2009 04:00:12 -0500" SGkgRm9sa3M7DQoNCkkgaW5zdGFsbGVkIE5ldHdhcmUgNi41IFNQOCBvbiBteSBzZXJ2ZXJzIG92 ZXIgdGhlIHdlZWtlbmQuICBNeSBcYXBhY2hlMlxpcHBkb2NzXGlwcmludC5pbmkgaXMgc2V0IHRv IG9wdGlvbiAyLCB1cGRhdGUgY2xpZW50IGF0IGJvb3QgdGltZSwgZG9uJ3QgcHJvbXB0IHVzZXIu DQoNClRoYXQgaXMgbm90IGhhcHBlbmluZy4gIFVzZXJzIGFyZSBvbmx5IGJlaW5nIHByb21wdGVk IHRvIGluc3RhbGwgdGhlIHVwZGF0ZWQgY2xpZW50IHdoZW4gdGhleSBvcGVuIGFuIGFwcGxpY2F0 aW9u...

iPrint / IPRINT.EXE
I am in the process of setting up iPrint on a Netware 6.5 evaluation copy and I am trying to use iCapture but I can not find the program anywhere. The documentation says Novell iCapture is installed when you install the iPrint Client which I did. On Start > Programs > Novell iPrint I can only see Iprint Client and Uninstall iPrint Client. Again documentation says to use Start > Programs > Novell iPrint > iPrint Settings > iCapture I do not get this option. What should I do? Where can I find iprint.exe? camilop@mindspring.com (Camilo Perez) wrote in message ...

Iprint policy and new iprint client
Has anyone tried the new iprint client 3.05 with a policy for installing iprint printers? With the non 3.05 iprint client, if a workstation gets its printers via a workstation policy and then deletes the printers and reboots, they get the printers again. With the new iprint client installed, the user gets the printers, but if the user deletes the printer and reboots, they do not get the printers back. Reverting back to the older iprint client, puts things back to normal. John Carter wrote: > Has anyone tried the new iprint client 3.05 with a policy for > installing ...

iPrint iprint manager client errors
03/18/2008 08:07:28 PM, Operation Bind to Printer Agent:, Error: 506D000C - object not found, User Name, john-d.dept.KAI, Address, 172.25.28.143, Object Name: PA_Printer1 I receive multiple errors like the one above. What could possibly be the issue? -- john-po ------------------------------------------------------------------------ john-po;1518661 Wrote: > 03/18/2008 08:07:28 PM, Operation Bind to Printer Agent:, Error: > 506D000C - object not found, User Name, john-d.dept.KAI, Address, > 172.25.28.143, Object Name: PA_Printer1 > > ...

Win 7, Client 2 SP1, Iprint Client 5.32 x64
Hello, We have a particular issue and I am posting some information in hopes to figure out why what is happening is happening. I will be as detailed as possible. We are rolling out some Windows 7 64 bit machines and were running out tests to make sure everything worked correctly before sending them out. We are running Netware 6.5 with Sp8 and the recent iprint patches and the .js file for deployment of printer drivers. Here was our situation with the first 2 we tried: We loaded up windows 7 and went about the normal process of installing out software. Normally one of the fi...

iprint clent (5.64 and 5.68) on Win 7 (32 and 64 bit) removes the ability to view remote printers in Windows explorer via "View remote printers" if you have opened the server-object in Network
See subject. I just discovered this as I wanted to look into the properties of printers on several workstations and a Samba/Cups print server. If I unistall the iprint client it immediately starts to work. As soon as the client is installed you see no printers if you click on "View remote printers" . That only applies to Win7, on WinXP I did not see that behaviour (WinVista I don't use and my Win2008 server has no iprint client installed). Anybody else noticed that already? -- W. Prindl W_, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a res...

iPrint printer installs through NDPS but not through iPrint client
Hi, I'm trying to iPrint-enable some Brother HL1670 printers, but I'm running into a problem. When I try to to install them onto WinXP client workstations via the iPrint client, I get the error: Error message: The system cannot find the file specified Error group: Windows Error code: 2 However, if I try to add the printer through the 'add new printer' route, the drivers download and install perfectly. Any ideas why / how to trouble-shoot??? Thanks, Iain Hi again, It's OK, I've got it working. I found TID10086895 which suggests upg...

How co-operate iPrint the client and Iprint Server?
At this time on the WS(xp_sp3) iPrint client from the NW65SP8. On the server NW65SP8 was applyed: iprntnw65sp8b-2.zip nipp532.zip In the file: SYS:/apache2/htdocs/ippdocs/iprint.ini modify AllowAutoUpdate and at this time: AllowAutoUpdate = 2 Reboot my NW server. Reboot my WS , log in to the server, but - iPrint client on a workstation has not started to be updates . Why ? Serg -- amaltsev1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 03/01/2010 04:06, amaltsev1 wrote: > At this time on the WS(xp_sp3) iPrint client fro...

iPrint policy fails to update iPrint client
--____ZNMGRCEMZPHZZGUTUWDD____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 8 Feb 2007 15:20:04 +0100" U2NlbmFyaW86DQpOVyA2LjUgU1A2DQpaZkQgNy4wLjEgU1AxIChob3RwYXRjaCAyKQ0KZURpciA4 LjcuMy45DQoNCklzc3VlOg0KVXBkYXRlIGlQcmludCBjbGllbnQgZG9lcyBub3Qgb2NjdXIgdmlh IGlQcmludCBwb2xpY3kgDQoNCkRldGFpbHM6DQpUaGUgaVByaW50IGNsaWVudCAodjQuMjYpIHJl c2lkZXMgaW4gYSBwdWJsaWMgci93IGFjY2Vzc2FibGUgVU5DIHBhdGg6DQpTWVNcUFVCTElDXGlQ cmludA0KVGhpcyBVTkMgcGF0aCBpcyBzZXQgaW4gdGhlIHBvbGljeSBwYWNrYWdlcy4NClRoZSAi UmUta...

iprint client will not load through iprint ws policy
I am trying to load the iprint client through an iprint policy that is associated with a workstation. However when i login i get nothing it does not load. i am using the 4.05 iprint client and using the nipp-s.exe, i am running netware 6.5 zen 6.5 and windows xp sp2. thanks, Byron byron.gerber@nwcs.k12.in.us wrote: > I am trying to load the iprint client through an iprint policy that > is associated with a workstation. However when i login i get nothing > it does not load. i am using the 4.05 iprint client and using the > nipp-s.exe, i am running netware 6.5 zen ...

iPrint map tool missing iPrint client install
Good morning. We have successfully implemented iPrint in our environment. Placed all my corporate printers on the map. If the user does not have iPrint client installed it recognized that by prompting if you wish to install iPrint client. But when you lick OK to install it shows the following Not Found The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed I either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. I can install any printer from the iPrint map, just cannot install the client. NIPP.exe is present in the IPPDOCS dire...

Web resources about - iPrint on Windows 7 32 Bit - Spooler and iPrint Client crash - novell.support.iprint

Window - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the part of a building. For the Microsoft operating system, see Microsoft Windows . For other uses, see Window (disambiguation) ...

Microsoft Windows Information, Solutions, Tools - Windows IT Pro
Microsoft Windows information and solutions for IT pros. Topics include cloud computing, Windows Server, Exchange, Outlook, PowerShell, virtualization, ...

The Windows Blog
The Windows Blog is Microsoft's Official Blog for the Windows Operating System.

20/20 Will Offer ‘Important Window’ Into Life As Iraqi Refugee
... To ride that roller coaster of hope and anguish with these 149 refugees was dramatic, Vargas told TVNewser. “It’s a small but important window ...

Windows 10 Mobile Update For Older Lumias Pushed To 2016
Earlier this year Microsoft stated that their plan was to begin the roll out of Windows 10 Mobile to existing Lumia devices in December. With ...

Microsoft delays Windows 10 Mobile rollout
Microsoft announced in early October that the Windows 10 Mobile rollout for existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices would kick off in December. But, ...

Here's what Microsoft has planned for Windows in 2016
Windows is still Microsoft's most important product. After a tough year, the company has managed to fix many of the issues that bugged users, ...

Microsoft partners with Chinese state-owned defense conglomerate to promote, sell Windows 10 to government ...
... expanded its partnership with one of China's largest defense and technology conglomerates as it announced a joint venture to get Windows 10 ...

'Clash Of Clans' Update From Supercell Adds A Personal Break Status Window And Winter Theme
"Clash Of Clans" fans that are annoyed by the Town Hall 11 personal break timer will love this optional update. Learn what the patch means for ...

Microsoft delays Windows 10 Mobile upgrade for older Lumias
If you've been itching to try Windows 10 Mobile on your Windows Phone 8.1 device, we've got some bad news. Microsoft says older Lumias won't ...

Resources last updated: 12/22/2015 1:52:41 AM