IPrint I/O Error on Printer

Hello NG

On an NW 6.5 Sp1 i configured iPrint. I created NDPS Printers and defined
the with the HP Gateway the IP Address of the Printserver. I made this
definitions with the NWadmin because with the iManager I can't configure HP
Gateways. The Installation of Printerdriver and Printers works fine. The
only problem that we have is, that the printers receive an error message I/O
Error after printing three pages. With the old ndps system all printers
worked fine. Where could be here the problem?

I thank you in advance for your help

Ramon Lustrati

0
Ramon
4/14/2004 8:13:43 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check your HPGATE config that you have allocated sufficient process
threads -- the default for v3.00 is way too low.   Also adjust the job
timeout value, as the default for it is also often too low.

Failing that, maybe you could try the Novell SNMP Gateway instead?  I
find it works well with all my HP printers.

--
-Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp]

0
Barry
4/15/2004 4:19:16 PM
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____

Ramon
The HP Gateway has not been certified on NW6.5. The symptom you are seeing =
is likely one of the reasons why.

The fact you can't configure this through iManager is also a bit of a =
giveaway about the flakiness of this gateway.

I would switch to the Novell SNMP gateway

Stuart