iprint Driver Store in unusual state after driver upload

Hi,

I'm running Linux OES 2 SP1 with latest updates.  I recently tried to
upload a Samsung PPD driver for Mac to my Driver Store.  After
attempting to upload, iManager waited a bit, then claimed to be in the
'Down' state.  It produced the following error:

"The driver store did not reach the desired state within the alloted
time. Check the driver store log file on the server.
(var/opt/novell/log/iprint/idsd.log)"

I tried starting the Driver store from iManager several times, and got
the same error

The idsd.log file reads as follows:

Oct 19 22:02:45 INFO Building Driver Table of Contents.
Oct 19 22:08:22 FATAL Another instance of idsd is already running
[4859]

Oct 19 22:14:53 INFO Building Driver Table of Contents.
Oct 20 11:28:13 FATAL Another instance of idsd is already running
[14558]

I tried doing a "novell-idsd restart" , but the it never comes back in
iManager.  Also tried rebooting the server.

A "novell-idsd status" shows that idsd is running.

The idsd process is consuming 100% CPU.   I'm assuming it is related to
"Building Driver Table of Contents", since a "Building Complete" event
was never logged after my last attempted upload.   It has been doing
this for several days, so I assume something is hung up.

Users are able to print OK, but I cannot get iManager to recognize that
the Driver store is running, so I can't upload drivers.

Is there a way to "clean out" my last attempt to upload the
(corrupted?) Samsung driver.  It appears my troubles started with this
event.

Thanks for your help.

Nathan

--
nbroome

nbroome
10/20/2009 3:46:03 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I got it working again by renaming
/var/opt/novell/iprint/resdir/deferred_compressions.txt  , then
rebooting the server.

This was suggested by user "fgastald" in his post in this forum on
7-Sept-09.  I should have searched through previous posts first.
Thank you Fabio, that solved my problem.

Nathan

--
nbroome
nbroome's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=11642

0
nbroome

iPrint Driver Store Has No Common Drivers
Attempting to setup iPrint on an OES/Linux (SP2) server. Can download the client from the http://{host}/ipp web site and access iManager iPrint group. After creating the iPrint Driver Store there are no drivers present, not even for common printers. How do I populate this to proceed with this project? Secondly, when I select Add from System on both Linux and Windows XP all I receive is an "error in page" message. Using iPrint clients 4.06 and 4.16. How do I resolve the problem? What log provides more specific error messages that would be more helpful to this issue?...

Strange behavior trying to add PPD to iprint driver store (for Mac support)
--____FVNRUQLZUSYMKHZJOLME____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 6 Nov 2007 05:01:05 -0700" We've got a pile of Macs, both intel and non-intel, that are running OS X = 10.4.10 .=20 I am trying to add PPD drivers to our new OES SP2 linux cluster's driver = store, and so far can't figure out what is going wrong. symptom: =20 1. I upload PPD driver (unzipped from Mac dir /Library/Printers/PPDs/Conten= ts/Resources/en.lproj/ , then coresponding driv...

No way to upload drivers to Driver Store
So I updated my iPrint on OES2 with the latest patch from Novell, novell-iprint-server-6.0.20080613-1_dbg.i586.rpm. It seems that after that I cannot upload drivers, there is no place to do it. In iManager I go to Manage Driver Store, and it displays fine except there is no Drivers button or tab. I have made sure I have the latest iPrint npm, and the latest nipp client installed on my Windows workstation. Any ideas? -- kmeuskens ------------------------------------------------------------------------ * kmeuskens (Mon, 18 Jan 2010 03:36:01 GMT) > So I updated my iPrin...

iPrint driver uploads through iManager quit working after first upload
Hi, I am only able to upload one (the first) iPrint driver on a PC through iManager 2.0.2 to a Broker running on NW65SP2 server using either iPrint clients 3.09 and 4.06. After the first successful upload, subsequent ones do not upload. No error messages in either iManager, the Broker, the PC, or the server. Same thing on Win2000 and WinXP PCs. Searched the TIDs, but no resolution. I've worked around the Win2K drivers by using NWAdmin to upload them, but can't use that for WinXP drivers. Thanks for your help, Dave Dbacon, It appears that in the past ...

iPrint driver upload fails
Hi, I think I must be missing something here. I have setup a test lan (ESX3i server) with: 1 - SLES10 + OES2 SP1 + eDirectory + iPrint 2 - Win2k3 Domain controller with DNS + DHCP + a domain 3 - 2 test WinXP SP2 workstations added to the domain 4 - 1 Management WinXP SP3 workstation added to the domain, but logged into as local administrator. Using the Managment workstation I can use iManager to browse the tree, create a Driver store and a Print Server, but cannot load up any drivers to the driver store. The workstation has had iPrint client 5.12, which was the...

iPrint Driver Upload Errors
All: I've searched through the knowledgebase and this forum and can't find an answer to the issue that just popped up. We are installing a new NetWare 6.0 SP5 server (updated with NDPS Consolidated Support pack 11d and iPrint Client 4.12), and we are unable to upload any drivers to the brand new broker. We are in the process of moving to a new tree as we replace servers, so we have two different trees that we have been trying to troubleshoot in. Under NEW-TREE, we have two servers, one with a base SP5 installation (no patches) and one with all of the post-SP5 patches. Under OL...

iPrint driver upload alternatives
So is there any way to upload a driver to a Broker.nlm other than via iManager, NWadmin32? I see for Linux iprntcmd and for Windows in the new Beta of OES SP1 (aka NW6.5 SP4) a iPrintman.exe for Windows. What is not clear to me, is whether these tools will upload to a Broker.nlm on Netware, or only to a Linux IDS (iPrint Driver Repository). Also, syntax is confusing the heck out of me, on iprintman. Can anyone offer an example of how one uploads a driver to a broker? Full command syntax. Examples in the HTML readme is confusing. Geoffrey, It appears that in the pas...

Iprint, driver profiles and kyocera kx series drivers
HELP!! Am in a high school environment, and we have a ton of kyocera printers of various types, mostly fs1920 series and 10?? series. a number of these have multiple trays. Now i'm not sure if this is a iprint or kyocera or me problem (jokes after it's fixed please) problem, but, dispite running through the process of creating a driver profile more times than i care to remember, i am unable to print on the additional trays. I tell the driver, via the profile, there are x numbers of trays. iprint delivers the driver down configured as i configured it in the profile, usuers...

iPrint Driver Store failed on initialization
I experienced iPrint Driver profile issue recently, and asked about it in here last week. It was resolved by applying "novell-iprint-server-JUN2010". But another ciritcal problem again after server rebooting. [Environment] Server: OES2SP2 on SLES10SP3 iManager is 2.7.3 Field Patch 2 -- 20100114 I did all server reboot for maintenance today but after server reboot, iPrint Driver profile fails on initialization on iManager. I did restarted services by; rcapache2 restart rcnovell-idsd restart rcnovell-ipsmd restart and all show running; however, but Driver Prof...

iPrint driver upload
This is regarding document 3018152. I'm running iManager 2.5 on a Netware 6.5 SP5. The workstation that I'm using is XP SP2 will all of the updates (IE 7.0). When clicking on Add from File to upload a driver, it comes back with the "Object doesn't support this property or method". I had installed the new iPrint Client and it still isn't working. The only way that I can get the drive uploaded is setup a XP machine with Microsoft patches. Is there anything else I can do. Thanks, aaron.schaefer@stidelivers.com wrote: >When clicking on Add from File t...

Status of iPrint Driver Store on OES
Is there a way retrieve additional info about status of iPrint Driver Store from command line ? When I issue "rcnovell-idsd status" I get info, that idsd is running, but when I look in iManager on status, there is "Not active", than information, that is running isn?t really helpful. In another words, is there a possibility to get information from command line if is IDSD active and running or not ? -- David, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has...

iPrint Drivers
I have recently enabled iPrint to resolve mobile workstations not being able to access the NDPS queue-based printers through the normal "Add New Printer" channel. After a tree split last Feb., these mobile workstations only see outdated queue information and some printers that no longer even exist. I chose two existing printers to enable iPrint as a workaround. I loaded both XP and W2K drivers in iManager to the Print Broker successfully. To resolve some Windows Update conflicts, I had to run the TCP stack update, and load the newest workstation iPrint client. Whil...

iPrint driver upload on SLES10/OES2
I'm not coming up with much through searching, but I assume there is some sort of update to the OES2 install of iPrint to allow Windows 7 driver uploads? -- kfreise ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:06:04 +0000, kfreise wrote: > I'm not coming up with much through searching, but I assume there is > some sort of update to the OES2 install of iPrint to allow Windows 7 > driver uploads? This is part of OES2 SP2. -- Joe Marton Novell Knowledge Partner kfreise wrote: > I'm no...

iPrint/iManager Driver Upload Issue
Weird, have not yet done SP6, I am running SP5, when I go into iManager and try and upload drivers to the iPrint Broker it seems to be working, I can click on buttons to upload from file/system, I can select the .inf file, select the correct printer driver, it starts uploading to the broker then after about two minutes I get this : The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. System does not support the specified encoding. Error processing resource 'https://128...

Web resources about - iprint Driver Store in unusual state after driver upload - novell.support.iprint

List of unusual units of measurement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An unusual unit of measurement is a unit of measurement that does not form part of a coherent system of measurement ; especially in that its ...

Unusual Uses For Facebook Fitness App Endomondo
Workout and fitness application Endomondo can be used for more than just tracking runs, as its creators are finding out through posts on its ...

An Unusual Public Apology By A Dean Goes Viral
... that he would boost the school's case studies with female protagonists to 20% in five years, the 600 alumni gathered to hear him speak An Unusual ...

Barragem de Monte Novo - Ann with most unusual geocache item! - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore muffinn's photos on Flickr. muffinn has uploaded 21346 photos to Flickr.

Donor found after unusual transplant request - YouTube
Christine Royles, mother of a 2-year-old, posted her need for a kidney on the back of her car. Josh Dall-Leighton saw her plea and got tested. ...

Nannies with an unusual workplace
Five nannies from the Philippines help to take care of the children at Al Mafraq Juvenile Welfare Centre.

World's most unusual homes
From living in a windmill to an ancient Abbey, click through to see some of the most unusual homes available. The Telegraph, UK

The Brilliant, Unusual Way Media Startup Upworthy Grew To 10.4 Million Monthly Readers In Its First Year ...
Most media companies focus on covering the latest news. Eli Pariser and his army of bloggers at Upworthy don’t, yet they have grown from no readers ...

It's not unusual to be loved by everyone.
The Hawks drink in the love, celebrating with fans their 63-point mauling of Sydney and back-to-back premiership victory in 2014. Images by The ...

Most unusual Airbnb rooms in Victoria
If staying in a strange hotel isn't adventurous enough, there are plenty of people with unique accommodation who are willing to let you visit, ...