iPrint client for Mozilla's Firefox Browser

Does anyone know if a new client or a fix has been issued to allow iPrint
to work in the new Firefox 1.0 browsers?  The browser is really great, but
I need to have iPrint working.
0
jay
12/30/2004 5:51:10 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

jay@metropower.com wrote:
> Does anyone know if a new client or a fix has been issued to allow iPrint
> to work in the new Firefox 1.0 browsers?  The browser is really great, but
> I need to have iPrint working.

OES beta (which is NW6.5 SP3 and SUSE 9 Pro with Novell Services) is in
public beta now.  Supposed to have a Mac internet plugin that works on
Safari and MOzilla browsers (Ironically, they usually do not work in IE
on the Mac), and support for Linux browsers...  One hopes they added
support for Mozilla on Win32 as well!  Check and get back to us!

PS: The Mac support (as far as I have heard) just allows for click
installs.  Does not (yet??) support IPP over SSL on the Mac.
0
Geoffrey
1/3/2005 5:47:26 PM
It is currently in the public beta of both NW51SP8 and NW65SP2.  It won't be
ported to NW6 however once the support packs release, the iPrint stuff will
be posted as standalone and it should work fine with NW6.0.  Just remember that
there isn't any testing for it on NW6.0

Suzanne Miles
Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection
http://support.novell.com/forums/
0
Suzanne
1/3/2005 5:55:31 PM
So iPrint *will* work on Mozilla Firefox 1.0 on Windows platforms, but
it's currently in Beta for NW65SP2 and NW51SP8?

--Kevin

In article <un1jt0poqrd21gg5s11754dmornatndej6@4ax.com>,
smiles@NOSPAMthebisgroup.com says...
> It is currently in the public beta of both NW51SP8 and NW65SP2.  It won't be
> ported to NW6 however once the support packs release, the iPrint stuff will
> be posted as standalone and it should work fine with NW6.0.  Just remember that
> there isn't any testing for it on NW6.0
>

> Suzanne Miles
> Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection
> http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Kevin
1/12/2005 7:18:22 PM
right.  You could try the public beta of those patches and see if it solves your
problem.

Suzanne Miles
Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection
http://support.novell.com/forums/
0
Suzanne
1/12/2005 7:26:41 PM
So it's not really "in" NetWare 6.5.2?  (I thought 6.5.2 was released
already)  It's a "beta" (ie, separate download?)?

--Kevin

In article <ueuau0d11ccp656df2btr40houn2ccg5au@4ax.com>,
smiles@NOSPAMthebisgroup.com says...
> right.  You could try the public beta of those patches and see if it solves your
> problem.
>

> Suzanne Miles
> Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection
> http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Kevin
1/14/2005 5:05:17 PM