iPrint and WinSock Error

Hi,

I hope someone can help, We have been using iPrint for our printing for some
time now with no problems. However I have been investigating if it is
possible to provide printing services to our wireless users and I am having
some problems. The user connects to the printer display page
http://<server>/ipp and then selects the printer they want to print to,
however if the printer isn't installed, rather than download the driver the
browser (IE) comes up with a winsock 10051 error which indicates that the
network that it is trying to reach is unreachable.

The user does not have the Novell client installed and if the iPrint client
isn't installed, it is downloaded and installed successfully. iPrint is
installed in the default location on a NetWare 6.5 SP3 server.

Does anyone know how i can get round this problem?

I hope someone can help

Cheers

0
Graham
2/1/2006 10:38:12 AM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There is 2 different addresses/ports (possibly) that you are dealing with.
One is the normal HTTP port 80 which all web servers use.  The other is port
631 which is the standard IPP port.

If you can get to the page, and install the client, that is all done via
port 80.   Once you make IPP requests, such as install printer, that goes
via Port 631.  Are you limiting access to ports from your wireless
network??

Also, some people host the web pages on one server that is accessible only
to reference the iPrint URL that has a different ip address (hosted on a
different server) that is not accessible.  (this might be a possibility,
however most people just host the web pages on the same server as the iPrint
so it isn't an issue)

<oc0Ef.1100$yL4.1012@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Graham
Clarke<gclarke3@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope someone can help, We have been using iPrint for our printing for
> some
> time now with no problems. However I have been investigating if it is
> possible to provide printing services to our wireless users and I am
> having
> some problems. The user connects to the printer display page
> http://<server>/ipp and then selects the printer they want to print to,
> however if the printer isn't installed, rather than download the driver
> the
> browser (IE) comes up with a winsock 10051 error which indicates that
> the
> network that it is trying to reach is unreachable.
>
> The user does not have the Novell client installed and if the iPrint
> client
> isn't installed, it is downloaded and installed successfully. iPrint is
> installed in the default location on a NetWare 6.5 SP3 server.
>
> Does anyone know how i can get round this problem?
>
> I hope someone can help
>
> Cheers
0
iprintrox

iPrint iprint manager client errors
03/18/2008 08:07:28 PM, Operation Bind to Printer Agent:, Error: 506D000C - object not found, User Name, john-d.dept.KAI, Address, 172.25.28.143, Object Name: PA_Printer1 I receive multiple errors like the one above. What could possibly be the issue? -- john-po ------------------------------------------------------------------------ john-po;1518661 Wrote: > 03/18/2008 08:07:28 PM, Operation Bind to Printer Agent:, Error: > 506D000C - object not found, User Name, john-d.dept.KAI, Address, > 172.25.28.143, Object Name: PA_Printer1 > > ...

iPrint / IPRINT.EXE
I am in the process of setting up iPrint on a Netware 6.5 evaluation copy and I am trying to use iCapture but I can not find the program anywhere. The documentation says Novell iCapture is installed when you install the iPrint Client which I did. On Start > Programs > Novell iPrint I can only see Iprint Client and Uninstall iPrint Client. Again documentation says to use Start > Programs > Novell iPrint > iPrint Settings > iCapture I do not get this option. What should I do? Where can I find iprint.exe? camilop@mindspring.com (Camilo Perez) wrote in message ...

iPrint and Winsock error 10049
All, iPrint has been humming along quite nicely for the past year or so. We are a traditional NetWare shop, version 6.5sp7. The past two days two separate users could not print at all. Both are WinXP sp3. One of the users is a local admin, the other is not. Both of the problem desk tops would allow one of my higher eDirectory level user accounts to log in and print till the cows came home. The regular user could not (not even the local WinXP admin user). They both were seeing winsock 10049 and spoolsrv errors: 7/23/2009 - 11:10:43 AM Module: spoolsv.exe Trace Info...

IPrint and Winsock 10061 Error
Running NW6SP3. When adding a print driver to the NDPS Broker, I receive the dreaded Winsock 10061 Error. I've been trying to troubleshoot this issue for weeks with no results. Ports 443 and 631 are available. Have tried almost every TID available and been through the forum postings too many times. Every recommended fix I have tried does not work. What else could possibly be causing this issue? I would greatly appreciate some suggestions. Steve Here's some ideas: 1. Is the module IPPSRVR.NLM loaded on the server? If not, try manually loading it,...

Error enabling iPrint Support
In iManager on a 6.5sp2 box. 'Call NOvell Technical Supp' then... com.novell.service.ndps.NDPSNativeLibError\r\n at com.novell.service.ndps.NDPSManager.PsmListMODObjects(Native Method)\r\n at com.novell.service.ndps.NDPSManager.getMODObjects(NDPSManager.java:340)\r\n at com.novell.imanage.iPrint.EnableIPPTask.doListPrinters(EnableIPPTask.java:245)\r\n at com.novell.imanage.iPrint.EnableIPPTask.execute(EnableIPPTask.java:116)\r\n at com.novell.emframe.dev.Task.execute(Task.java:461)\r\n at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.BaseGadgetInstance.processRequest(BaseGadgetInstance....

Linux iPrint Winsock 10060 errors
We have moved the iPrint service to a Novell Enterprise 9 (sp2) system. We can install the printers perfectly on the internal network, but on the external interface (Firewall Protected), we get a Winsock 10060 error. I have set the firewall to pass ports 80, 443 and 631, but either I am not setting the firewall correctly, or I am missing something else. Anyone any ideas on this matter. We have tried this out on another server at a different location, with se same result. When the server was a Novell 6.5 system, everything was fine. Regards, ChasR. Sorted out the problem....

Virtualized iPrint Winsock 10060 Errors
I have just brought up a Xen virtualized SLES10sp2/OES2sp1 server and have included the iPrint files. The iPrint Server version is 6.0.2008.1215-0.3. This server is configured to use its own NIC on the host (the host has 8 NICs). The iPrint server has a DNS entry. I have created the driver store (v2.00), the print manager (v2.00a), and one printer. Attempting to install the printer, using iPrint client v4.38 (Windows XP), results in Winsock 10060 - Connection has timed out error message. This occurs in IE7, IE8 and Firefox, and from different workstations. I do not have P...

iprint Winsock Error code : 10060
Hello, We have Netware 6.5 SP5 also the post patches for NSS and server.exe , Iprint Ver 2.0.3.20060418 , this server has two different NIC and is working also as a router. The problem is as follow : 1.- The Webpage "Iprint Printers on Server" list takes a lot of time to generate and does not shows nothing, it need to be refreshed and not always works. 2.- When finally the printers list appears and click on any link of it , it takes a long time and finally we get WinSock Error Code : 10060 This seems to happened after we decide that Print Manager ...

iManager and iPrint Error
Hi, I have just upgraded to SP7 on NW6.5. Previously I was running SP6. Everything was running fine. Since upgrading I have had a winsock error 10061 when ever I attempt to amend a printer driver profile in iManager v2.6 and v2.7. I never upgraded the printserver to SP7 until yesterday and I had the problem on Thursday and Friday, at this stage all other servers were on SP7. It started when the other servers were on SP7 so SP7 has broke something. The client PC's used for iManager have not changed. All other functions in iManager are working. Any ideas? I have noticed ...

iPrint, Win 7 & Broker
I have upgraded my NW 6.5 SP 8 server to the latest patch level and also my iPrint Client to 5.30. But, when I go to my broker and attempt to upload drivers I get an error that an iPrint Client great than version 4.15 or newer is required. This happens from both a Windows 7 32 and 64 bit workstation. It happens in IE 8 running as administrator. Anyone else seen this? Thanks -- Phillip Roberts Assistant Network Administrator Vermont Law School ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:26:02 +0000, justenglabs wr...

Winsock 10061 error, when updating drivers for IPrint....
It was suggested by Ms. Suzanne Miles that this be posted as a NEW thread... So here goes: We recently upgraded from NW6 to 6.5... Decided to nix Q-Based printing and dive into Iprint... (Never Did NDPS either, but understand it is the same basic concepts...etc...) Broker created, Manager created, Printer created...etc.. All no problem. Server names are in DNS, and resolve to correct TCP/IP addresses. And also have the newest Iprint Client (4.06) to update drivers and fix (supposedly) this error from NW 6.5... But whenever I try and use Imanager to update the Drivers for t...

Instaaling iprint printer winsock error 10060
We have Netware 6.5 SP8 with iPrint. Printing works fine. We use ZenWorks 7 to install printers through the Workstation Policy. This is where the problem begins. Policy is set to run on User Login. If the user is a member of the Local PC Admin group then the policy will run and the printer will install. However, if this user is only a Power User or a User (Students) then the policy will not run and if the user runs wmsched and highlights the policy and clicks "Run Now" they get an error "You do not have sufficient rights to complete the operation." If this...

iPrint winsock error 10060 and Windows 7 x64
We have recently been rolling out Windows 7 x64 in our school district. So far, I have finally been able to get iPrint policies in Zenworks to push to the system properly, if the user is an administrator. All our staff accounts are set as local administrator when they log into the computer. If a student logs in, they are set to users, and the printer policies will not push. If I go the the ipp web page, and attempt to install the printer that way, I get a Winsock error code 10060. Looking at the Zenworks error logs, they also show a return of error code 10060. The current setu...

Windows 2003 sp1Terminal Server and iPrint: Winsock error
Hello I am experiencing Winsock errors when trying to install a printer via iprint v4.05 on a W2k3 terminal server with sp1: Winsock 10060 - Connection has timed out (without proxy setting set on iPrint client) Winsock 10049 - Address is not available (with proxy setting set on iPrint client) NDPS / iPrint is installed on NW65 sp3 on same network as the terminal server. Error occurs when logged in with local Administrator priviledges to the terminal server, and also when the iPrint client "install User Printers only" option is set on the terminal server. With Windows 2...

Web resources about - iPrint and WinSock Error - novell.support.iprint

Winsock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , the Windows Sockets API (WSA) , which was later shortened to Winsock , is a technical specification that defines how Windows network ...

Thanks for Trumpet Winsock - Recognising an unsung hero
Recognising an unsung hero Do you remember connecting to the Internet in 1994 or 1995? Those of you do probably remember Trumpet Winsock. That ...

WinSock and more Open Source for your Windows Store apps
... platform commonality through universal Windows app... Today I want to follow up with some exciting news about the availability of WinSock and ...

David Treadwell - CrunchBase Profile
David Treadwell is corporate vice president of Microsoft’s Live Platform Services, a group that’s defining and implementing the next generation ...

Spyware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spyware is a type of malware (malicious software) installed on computers that collects information about users without their knowledge. The presence ...

ActiveXperts Software - Product overview
Network Monitoring products and Windows Development components and tools by ActiveXperts Software

Weblib Database @ Alaska Software
... compatibility Version(1)Date(14.03.1900)Time(15:00:00)Size(93431)Needs(1.3.212)OS(W32)Format(ZIP)Language(Intl)Keywords(Socket, Internet, Winsock, ...

Freelancing tips - Binary Tides
... Adsense Database Freelancing Linux Programming Hacking Networking PHP Php Snippets Tutorial Socket Programming C Java Perl PHP Python Winsock ...

U-Mail邮件系统常见的退信分析 - U-MAIL邮件服务器资讯 - 比特博客
U-Mail邮件系统常见的退信分析看退信最下面的日志,并按照相应的错误信息进行匹配。511 sorry, no mailbox here by that nameunknown user account... User unknownName server r ..