iPrint 5.20 Windows 7 Drivers

Hello,
we are starting testing Windows 7, since we are still on XP we will
skip vista and go ahead with seven.

The new client installs and probably works great but when I go to the
ipp page and try to install iPrinter it says that no driver is
available.

How do I solve this? Simply by uploading Vista drivers for that
printer?
Tried running iPrint in Windows XPSP2 compatibility mode but no luck.

Thanks,
Thomas

--
thsundel

thsundel
7/17/2009 7:46:01 AM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 07:46:01 +0000, thsundel wrote:

> How do I solve this? Simply by uploading Vista drivers for that printer?

That should do it.

--
Joe Marton
Novell Knowledge Partner
jmarton;1826731 Wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 07:46:01 +0000, thsundel wrote:
>
> > How do I solve this? Simply by uploading Vista drivers for that
> printer?
>
> That should do it.
>

> --
> Joe Marton
> Novell Knowledge Partner
> SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 is ready for action.

Cool, thanks.. I'll try it out on monday.

Thomas

--
thsundel
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128

0
thsundel
7/17/2009 1:26:03 PM
So did Vista drivers loaded to a driver store do the job on 7 ?

--
atrofimov
atrofimov's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=11058
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=380329

0
atrofimov
7/23/2009 11:46:01 PM
atrofimov;1830276 Wrote:
> So did Vista drivers loaded to a driver store do the job on 7 ?

Where do I get the update for imanager so that I can upload the windows
7 drivers? It's not an option in the list

--
nrsmith
nrsmith's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=36323
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=380329

0
nrsmith
9/15/2009 1:16:02 PM
No it doesn't do it.  I am running Win 7 64bit and I was previsouly on Vista
64 and already had drivers in the driver store for Vista 64, but I get a
popup when trying to install the printer that the driver is not for my
version of windows.  Still looking to solve this.  I have already installed
the latest iPrint plugin for iManager 2.7.3, and restarted novell-tomcat5
and still nothing.  My understanding is that the Win 7 32 and 64 tabs should
show up.  But mine do not.

Matt

<Yi_7m.4087$r8.92@kovat.provo.novell.com>, Joseph
Marton<jmarton@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 07:46:01 +0000, thsundel wrote:
>
>> How do I solve this? Simply by uploading Vista drivers for that printer?
>
> That should do it.

0
Matt
9/25/2009 8:36:36 PM
nrsmith wrote:

>Where do I get the update for imanager so that I can upload the windows
>7 drivers? It's not an option in the list

Linux or NetWare? For NetWare, you can find the required files here:

http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=m-EnZ9cTgHk~

For Linux, the required support files are in OES2SP2 which is currently in
public beta:

http://www.novell.com/beta/auth/beta.jsp?id=3285&type=1

--
Marcel Cox
http://forums.novell.com
Matt Pierce wrote:

> and still nothing.  My understanding is that the Win 7 32 and 64 tabs should
> show up.  But mine do not.

Probably we are hitting the iManager plugin install/upgrade not being
clean issue.  The driver platforms are no longer tabs and should show up
as a drop-down.
0
Madhan