ip address, mac address, agent name

Hi
It seems that I was able to print a report showing IP Address, MAC address
and Agent Name all on the same page...Did I make that up?  Does anyone know
how to do that?

Thanks, Kat
0
meprint
3/15/2007 11:16:34 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Mar 15, 5:16 pm, mepr...@speakeasy.net wrote:
> Hi
> It seems that I was able to print a report showing IP Address, MAC address
> and Agent Name all on the same page...Did I make that up?  Does anyone know
> how to do that?

Well, the MAC address would really be tough as NDPS/iPrint has no need
for the MAC address and as such does not record that information
anywhere. If the pritner is on the same LAN as the server, the MAC
address would be in the ARP table of the server, but it would already
require some programming effort to get the NDPS stuff and the ARP
table from a same tool.

--
Marcel

0
Marcel

how to find ip address from mac address?
It happened more than once. At a customer's office, there is a device with an unknown ip address. We know its mac address. The ip address might be different from the network. For example, the customer's network might be 10.1.0.0/16, whereas that device might have the ip address 192.168.200.123/24. For example, it might be a managed switch that has kept its default ip address. So, it works as a switch, but I cannot manage it. Apart from a sniffer, is there a (free?) software that can scan the network and find ip addresses of all hosts, and/or only of those whose mac address ...

Get IP address and MAC address
Hi there! How can get ip address and mac address from command shell without root attributes(I can't use 'ifconfig'). Thank you in advance. -- [Adri�n C�rdoba] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aecordoba wrote: > Hi there! > How can get ip address and mac address from command shell without root > attributes(I can't use 'ifconfig'). > Thank you in advance. > > /sbin/ifconfig -- Vahis aecordoba wrote: > Hi there! > How can get ip address and mac address from command shell wi...

IP Address allocation by mac address
Is it possible to give a specific mac address a fixed IP address when it requests an address from the DHCP server? mike.dawson@scarborough.gov.uk schrieb: >Is it possible to give a specific mac address a fixed IP address when it >requests an address from the DHCP server? Yes. Just create an ip-address-object with manual assignment type in the DNS/DHCP management console. Enter the mac-address, unload and reload the dhcpsrvr module and release and renew the address at the workstation. Important: Don�t touch the client identifier field, when creating the object. J...

IP address vs MAC address
Ok somebody explain this to me. I understand how IP addresses are issued(well sort of...lol) Is it one IP address to one MAC address?(not accounting for non routable IP space) I understand there can only be one WAN facing IP address per machine/MAC/NIC/etc realizing multiple NICs possible on one computer. If that is the case then how can say a Comcast DHCP server keep from issuing an IP to a MAC address that another provider has already issued an IP for? In this case perhaps someone has made up a MAC address to use in their router for cloning purposes. Or does it really ...

Ip addresses linked to MAC addresses?
Hi, I recently decided to install a router onto my internet connection, (partially because of my Shields Up results, and partially because my linux computer acting as a router was a bottleneck (ISA ethernet cards.. eww)) Anyway, I plugged it in, booted it up, and noticed that my IP address had changed. Now, nowhere in my internet access does it say anything about static IP address, but my IP address hadn't changed for quite some time. (Somewhere in the range of 1-2 years) I thought that this was too much of a coincidence, so I took a closer look at my LinkSys router, and saw a WAN ...

Find an IP address having only the MAC address
Hi again, I've been searching google for a while about this issue, but I'm still too confused. My goal is to discover the IP address of the LAN interface of a Cisco 1721 router (it's located at the office where I work). I know the MAC address because it's written in a sticker at the bottom of the router. But I don't know the password to the router admin console :( The router's LAN interface is connected to a Sun workstation that has two NICs (one of them connected to the cisco and the other connected to a 24- port switch). The Sun machine works as a...

Virtual IP Address (Mac Addressing)
We are planning a 26node cluster Groupwise implementation early next year. After meeting with our Network people, one of them posed the question if Server A (connected to Switch A) fails over to Server B which is connected to Switch B (Will the virtual mac IP address that fails over to Server B be recorded correctly). I was under the impression that the application layer managed it, but we need clarification for Netware. Thanks. Novell's fail-over works by only moving the IP address of a resource and not the MAC address. Therefore, the fail-over is completely transparent ...

How to get MAC address & IP address?
Dear all how to get the MAC address & IP address using PowerBuilder 6.5? thanks! Michael On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:42:51 +0800, "Michael" <michaell@hknet.com> wrote: >Dear all > > how to get the MAC address & IP address using PowerBuilder 6.5? > thanks! > >Michael > For IP address see http://eric.aling.tripod.com/PB/tips/pbtip14.htm -- Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com Close to NJ? Join the NJ Sybase Tools User Group http://www.njpbug.org/njpbug/join/join.asp On Wed, ...

DHCP assigning the same IP Address to Mutiple Mac Addresses
Is it possible in DHCP to assign the same IP Address to multiple Mac Addresses, ie. a laptop docked using the docking station NIC and a laptop undocked using the built-in NIC I have an application that checks security based on the IP-address that is assigned to the user. thanks, Chris Chris, AFAIK this isn�t possible. You have to add two different manual assignments to the nics. Joerg Joerg is correct, although you may be able to use a MAC Address override so that the machine has the same MAC address regardless of how it is connected. Check your OS d...

Web control for catching IP address and MAC address
Hi guys. I would like to know if any of you know a link or maybe have a library which allows me to use a textbox for enter an IP Address or a MAC address??. I've been searching on the web but all of the examples are for windows applications or they are masks for the normal textbox but they don't include the Control type for an IP address or a MAC address. Please help with this.  You would need to make a composite control of 4 textboxes.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks you...

Access restriction using ip address or MAC address
Here is my Problem.                  I would like to restric users access to my application if their IP address or MAC address is not a register on my database, I have already handle the database part but what i need to know is how to check the ip address and MAC address of client computers for incoming connection to my application server. Second question, is it a good idea to restric using ip address although i have another layer of Authentication and authorization process in place? Can IP address&n...

Windows software to convert MAC address to IP address?
Hi all. For the life of me, I can't remember what the name of the software that will take a MAC address and give you back the IP address if the equipment with the MAC address is on the local network. A friend suggested setting a static ARP listing for a MAC address on my computer with an unused IP address, but that didn't work. Help? - Phil "Philip H. Schlesinger" <pschlesi@REMOVE-uci_ME.edu> wrote in message news:dvut6p$2jsu$1@news.grc.com... > Hi all. For the life of me, I can't remember what the name of the > software > that...

Asisgn IP address based on wildcard MAC addresses
We are using NetWare 6.5 DHCP in our environment. I would like to assign IP addresses to PCs based on the particular manufacturer ID in the MAC address, can this be done? I tried but the DNS/DHCP management console wouldn't accept the wildcard character in the MAC addresses field. Is there any way to workaround it? Will import accepts wildcard MAC? Thanks. AFAIK, th DHCP protocol does not support what you want, in any implementation, as it is not part of the DHCP standards. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp Thanks Brad. No problem. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp Hi,...

Problem the IP address showing is NOT my IP address I am at.
host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com or 217.35.99.250 is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic IP address range) when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. In message <b6i8f8$tp1$1@news.grc.com>, abcministoragellc <abcministoragellc@netzero.net> kicked in with > >host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com >or 217.35.99.250 >is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic >IP address range) >when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. Had the same here, a couple of minute...

Web resources about - ip address, mac address, agent name - novell.support.iprint

IPv4 address exhaustion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPv4 address exhaustion is the depletion of the pool of unallocated Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) addresses. The IP address space is managed ...

Outlook online to get a better address book and flight confirmations
... needs extras that attract customers to its offering. Now the company is announcing a couple of updates including improvements to the address ...

The backwards notion that Obama was late for the glamorous 2015 Kennedy Center Honors because he needed ...
Here's the standard presentation of that notion in People Magazine , replete with video, from which I grabbed this still. But I think the address ...

Clinton must choose how to address data breach in Dem debate
The question facing Hillary Clinton is how forcefully to confront Bernie Sanders about the actions of his campaign staff.

Figure out how to address your cover letter - Business Insider Deutschland
... a specific individual. Just because a job posting omits the name of the person in charge of the hiring process doesn't mean you should address ...

Millennial Muslims address backlash after Calif. attacks
Five Muslim-American millennials sat down with Scott Pelley to discuss a range of topics, including Donald Trump's proposed ban

Clinton to address terror protection
As domestic terror fears rise, Hillary Clinton is set to explain how she will protect Americans, reports NBC News.

House Republican: Obama Came Out Worse After Oval Office Address
House Republican: Obama Came Out Worse After Oval Office Address

In weekly address, Obama asks Americans to 'stay true to who we are' in fight against terrorism
x YouTube Video This week, like last week, President Obama devoted his weekly address to the fight against terrorism. As I said in my speech ...

Congress Shockingly Fails to Address Alleged EPA Lawbreaking
Right now, the EPA is making Congress look foolish.