Install iprint printer - error 1285

Hi,

recently we have installed oes linux server sp2 and applied latest
patch for iprint server. Server is standalone - no cluster and only
server in tree. We have installed the patch trough rug (patch-11312)
and we have latest novell-iprint rpm.
IPP printing is working, but installing of iprint printer is trough
http://[server]/ipp is not. It ends with error

Error message : iPrint Printer - The printer experienced a temporary
error. Please retry the request later.

Error group : iPrint Server
Error code : 1285

/var/log/apache/error_log contains :

[Fri Dec 22 13:41:56 2006] [warn] IPP Operation error=406, operation=A
[Fri Dec 22 13:41:57 2006] [warn] IPP Operation error=406, operation=A
[Fri Dec 22 13:50:47 2006] [warn] SRVR_ERR_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE;
dataFileHandle == -1 in ProcessGetInstallFilesReq()
[Fri Dec 22 13:50:47 2006] [warn] IPP Operation error=505, operation=21
[Fri Dec 22 13:51:47 2006] [warn] SRVR_ERR_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE;
dataFileHandle == -1 in ProcessGetInstallFilesReq()
[Fri Dec 22 13:51:47 2006] [warn] IPP Operation error=505, operation=21
[Fri Dec 22 14:05:35 2006] [warn] SRVR_ERR_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE;
dataFileHandle == -1 in ProcessGetInstallFilesReq()
[Fri Dec 22 14:05:35 2006] [warn] IPP Operation error=505, operation=21

rights on /var/opt/novell/iprint/resdir directory :

drwxr-xr-x  7 iprint iprint  320 Dec 21 14:35 .
drwxrwxr-x  6 root   iprint  240 Dec 22 09:07 ..
drwxrwxr-x  2 iprint iprint   48 Dec 18 13:25
driver_linux-2.4_x86-32_en
drwxrwxr-x  2 iprint iprint   48 Dec 21 14:15
driver_windows-95_x86-32_en
drwxrwxr-x  2 iprint iprint   48 Dec 18 13:25
driver_windows-nt-4_x86-32_en
drwxrwxr-x  5 iprint iprint  176 Dec 21 14:35
driver_windows-nt-5.1_x86-32_en
drwxrwxr-x  2 iprint iprint   48 Dec 18 13:25
driver_windows-nt-5_x86-32_en
-rw-r--r--  1 iprint iprint 1948 Dec 18 13:25 ids_toc.ini

grep of iprint processes :

 ps aux | grep iprint
iprint   19570  0.0  0.1  28464  3896 ?        Ssl  Dec21   0:01
/opt/novell/iprint/bin/idsd
iprint   20001  0.0  0.1  14076  2212 ?        Ss   Dec21   0:00
/opt/novell/iprint/bin/ipsmd
iprint   20002  0.0  0.2  45320  4796 ?        Sl   Dec21   0:04
/opt/novell/iprint/bin/ipsmd
root     20432  0.0  0.1  40540  2092 ?        Sl   Dec21   0:02
[iprintgw]

There is no any zombie or defunct process.

We installed iprint printers directly through windows control panel and
manually install drivers. We tried printing through ipp server and
worked ok.Adding drivers to  driver store through imanager works with
no problems (iManager version 2.5.20051102, iprint plugin version
2.5.5.20060626). When we try to create driver printer profile the same
error "iPrint Printer - The printer experienced a temporary error"
occured.

All I could find on the support.novell.com was TID 10099511 which
suggested some scripts for cluster enviroment and it was for oes linux
sp1. I have reviewed the scripts and as i can understand it is only
change path to the iprint resources in apache configuration for cluster
enviroment. I have checked the path to the iprint resources in apache
configuration and it's ok.

Has anyone any suggestions how to resolve this issue ?

Regards,

Ivan Janes

0
iuuuuan
12/27/2006 8:01:39 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

iuuuuan,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

iPrint printer installs through NDPS but not through iPrint client
Hi, I'm trying to iPrint-enable some Brother HL1670 printers, but I'm running into a problem. When I try to to install them onto WinXP client workstations via the iPrint client, I get the error: Error message: The system cannot find the file specified Error group: Windows Error code: 2 However, if I try to add the printer through the 'add new printer' route, the drivers download and install perfectly. Any ideas why / how to trouble-shoot??? Thanks, Iain Hi again, It's OK, I've got it working. I found TID10086895 which suggests upg...

iPrint client install prompt when opening iPrint printer Web page
NDPSM 3.01 Broker 3.0.9 NW 6.5 SP2 IE 6 When I go to the iPrint Printer Web page (http://IP-address/ipp) am I prompted to install the iPrint Client : "The iPrint client must be installed before you can proceed" I can not see the list of printers without installing the client. Have a test-server where the same user can see the iPrint printer Web Page with all the printers without installing the iPrint Client. Do anyone know how I turn off this promt and get my production server as my Test-server ? Have a similar problem using FireFox. Jan Erik Holo This sounds...

iPrint printer does not print through iPrint
We have iPrint working and have been using for a long time without any problems. We recently received a HP OfficeJet Pro K550 printer to put on the network. I uploaded the drivers, made the agent and all is good with that. However, the printer will not print if going through iPrint, although it says the print was successful. I tried printing to it directly from the TCP/IP port and it works fine, so its obviously a iPrint issue. To try to track down where it is getting held up, I paused output on the iPrint agent and printed to the iPrint printer. The job stays in the queue...

Problem installing iprint printer after installing MS021
All, During our testing of the latest MS patches we have found that we are unable to install iprint printers using the ipp webpage. Doing further testing we found that installing MS021 is where the problem is located. The error message displayed is as follows: Line: 44 Char: 4 Error: Object doesn't support his property or method Code: 0 URL: http://<servername>/ippdocs/isinstie.htm Any help appreciated! Paul Mattock Pepsico UK Ltd > Any help appreciated! Try this: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10100961.htm Regards Rolf Lidval...

Change the printer driver after iPrint printer is installed?
2 questions: After I upload the driver to the Broker, do I need to restart Broker.nlm? After I download the iPrint printer to my XP workstation and then I change the printer driver from PS to PCL on my workstation. Will the printer uses the PCL or the PS driver from my workstation? Thanks Ronny ronny@ukschool.uk wrote: > >After I upload the driver to the Broker, do I need to restart Broker.nlm? No. >After I download the iPrint printer to my XP workstation and then I change >the printer driver from PS to PCL on my workstation. Will the printer uses >the ...

iPrint Printer Installation
I apologize if this is a duplicate thread, however I am pressed for time. I am in the process of deploying (my first) two Windows 7 Pro clients in an OES Netware environment. I have installed SP8 and the relevant patches for iPrint and Windows 7 clients, and am able to perform all the necessary iPrint actions in iManager. I'll also note that I have turned off the UAC stuff on the two Windows 7 clients. When I right-click on the iPrint icon in the System Tray, IE8 launches to the "iPrint Printers page." I select the printer that I want to install and specify that it...

No iprint printer installed
Hello NG In our environment NW 6.5 SP 5 and Zen 7.01 we installed and configured iPrint. I defined to install a printer through the zenworks iprint policy No printer were installed on the workstation. I activated the iPrint logfile. The logfile has the following informations. Where could be here the problem? How can I solve it? Thanks in advance for your help Ramon Lustrati ----------------------------------------------------------- -- DEBUG LOG FILE -- C:\Programme\Novell\ZENworks\DebugLogs\WmiPrint.log ----------------------------------------------------------- 09/26/...

iPrint printer not installed!!!
We have a problem with the distribution of a printer with ZEN user policy. The iPrint client is installed automaticly on the workstations but the printer is not distributed to the workstations. We used the folowing software: Windows XP prof sp1 and sp2 Novell Client 4.9 sp2 iPrint cleint: 3.12 Novell NetWare 6.5 sp2 Zen Suite 6.5 Please help Same thing here. I have posted this in teh Zfd4.x forum. One reply suggested deleting the user policy and recreating it if you are using ZfD4.01_ir5. However, this did not work for me. Give it a try, maybe it will work for you. ...

iprint printer not installed
i have e new printer and installed the printer successfull with nwadmin, but i can't get the printer distributed to the workstations with a workstation Iprint policy Whe have about 14 other printers already installed and they are in use for a while, not any problem. So what could be the problem for the other printer? We use NW6, Zfd4.01 "�ol@nd" <r_sjabbens@hotmail.com> wrote in news:Xns9644673827E49nwsrsehvnl@130.57.1.73: > i have e new printer and installed the printer successfull with > nwadmin, but i can't get the printer distributed to ...

installing iPrint printers
when I try to install an iprint printer, I get a "HTTP 404- not found" error after clicking any printer hyperlink from the http://server_ip_address/ipp browser window. (Netware 6.5 SP2) I have referenced TID 10088189, but that is not the issue, and ActiveX controls are enabled in my browser. Br, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http...

Printer Support for iPrint
I work for state government and I've been asked by another agency to confirm that the Kyocera FS-9520DN printer will support iPrint. The printer is a network laser printer with an Ethernet jack and support for both TCP and LPR. It's my understanding that the only protocol that a printer must support in order to work with iPrint is IPP, but the specs document for the printer says nothing about IPP. I have asked the agency to contact Kyocera to confirm that the printer supports IPP. My basic question is; What does a printer need to support in order to be compatible wi...

iPrint (to install printer a& auto-remove any existing printers)
Hi all, I am wanting to use iPrint similiarly to NDPS, in a way so that when selecting a 'printer' from the iPrint Map it installs the printer and removes any other printer that may be installed on the workstation. (as NDPS can remove an installed printer when installing a new printer) Cheers Daniel Daniel, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of o...

iPrint / IPRINT.EXE
I am in the process of setting up iPrint on a Netware 6.5 evaluation copy and I am trying to use iCapture but I can not find the program anywhere. The documentation says Novell iCapture is installed when you install the iPrint Client which I did. On Start > Programs > Novell iPrint I can only see Iprint Client and Uninstall iPrint Client. Again documentation says to use Start > Programs > Novell iPrint > iPrint Settings > iCapture I do not get this option. What should I do? Where can I find iprint.exe? camilop@mindspring.com (Camilo Perez) wrote in message ...

iPrint policy printers not installing
We are using the iPrint policy in the workstation package to install printers when users login to these workstations. We have noticed that sometimes the printer's are not installed when the user logs in. Previously, if we opened the printer object in iManager, selected the Drivers tab then set a different driver to be installed, Applied and Ok'd this, and then went back in and set it back to the correct driver the printer would install the next time the user logged in. However, we just had this issue pop up again and this approach didn't fix it. In this case t...

Install Printer Via Iprint
Hi, We have an Iprint server setup with a bunch of printers. All has been going well so far. All of a sudden, when I go to install a Printer for a user through the Iprint Page I receive the following error. Error Message: The Specified Username is Invalid Error Group: Windows Error Code: 2202 This happens for any printer (we have about 25 printers installed on Iprint) I click on to install. Any Ideas Thanks Frank What server backend?? What browser?? >>> On 7/18/2006 at 6:22 AM, in message <Rn4vg.453$2s3.195@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, <frank...

Web resources about - Install iprint printer - error 1285 - novell.support.iprint

Facebook Asks Users To Install Messenger For Windows
Just days after officially rolling out Messenger for Windows , Facebook has begun prompting people to install the application. Some Facebook ...

New ways to reach the right people with mobile app install ads
Since we launched mobile app install ads six months ago, we have added several new features to improve the product for users and developers. ...

Facebook Director of Product Management Doug Purdy discusses Parse, Mobile App Install Ads
... discussed about mobile app discovery difficulties faced by developers. He discussed how developers can use the platform to drive app installations ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

FSS ePub Reader silently installs adware?
... of a range of popular Windows freeware, including FSS Video Downloader, FSS Google Books Downloader, FSS ePub Reader and more. You’ve installed ...

11 3D Touch apps to install today
Apple’s 3D Touch is an important step forward in mobile user interfaces. If you use an iPhone 6S you see it in action when you press a name in ...

Install these battery-killing, storage-hogging apps at your own risk
[/caption] The latest quarterly report from antivirus company AVG has outed the battery-killingest, storage-hoggingest apps currently available. ...