iManager and iPrint Error - Winsock 10061

Hi,  I have just upgraded to SP7 on NW6.5.  Previously I was running
SP6.  Everything was running fine.  Since upgrading I have had a winsock
error 10061 when ever I attempt to amend a printer driver profile in
iManager v2.6 and v2.7.  I never upgraded the printserver to SP7 until
yesterday and I had the problem on Thursday and Friday, at this stage
all other servers were on SP7.  It started when the other servers were
on SP7 so SP7 has broke something.  The client PC's used for iManager
have not changed.  All other functions in iManager are working.

Any ideas?  I have noticed a few TIDs regarding DNS with this error but
I am not sure that is relevant as all DNS functions are working fine
unless of course SP7 has changed something on the DNS server.

Thanks in advance for any support and help you can offer.

--
tsher1978

tsher1978
8/31/2008 9:16:01 AM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In article <tsher1978.3f02sn@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Tsher1978 wrote:
> Since upgrading I have had a winsock
> error 10061 when ever I attempt to amend a printer driver profile in
> iManager v2.6 and v2.7.

That is a basic communication error to port 631 on the server.  See TID 10072309 and 10066950:

Use TCPCON to look at tcp connections.  You are looking for port 631 in there someplace.  If it doesn't
show up, perhaps IPPSRV isn't loading at all?

In general, there could be some sort of name resolution issue whereby your PC isn't trying to contact the
correct server address, or there is some sort of issue on the server preventing iprint from loading and
listening on the correct address and port number.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Craig

iPrint iprint manager client errors
03/18/2008 08:07:28 PM, Operation Bind to Printer Agent:, Error: 506D000C - object not found, User Name, john-d.dept.KAI, Address, 172.25.28.143, Object Name: PA_Printer1 I receive multiple errors like the one above. What could possibly be the issue? -- john-po ------------------------------------------------------------------------ john-po;1518661 Wrote: > 03/18/2008 08:07:28 PM, Operation Bind to Printer Agent:, Error: > 506D000C - object not found, User Name, john-d.dept.KAI, Address, > 172.25.28.143, Object Name: PA_Printer1 > > ...

imanager/iprint error
one of my techs has created several printers on a machine, running nw65sp3, iprint 4.05. when they go to manage the printer, this error message displays: Check that the Print Manager (NDPSM.NLM) is loaded and the correct version ndpsm is loaded, has been unloaded and reloaded.. also unload and reloaded the broker as well. I can access the printer properties just fine on another server, which is also nw65sp3, iprint 4.05, using the same username and same/new browser sessions. have not restarted the server, as I currently can not do that at this time. any thoughts.. n...

iManager iPrint error
I am running NetWare 6.5 sp3. When I select to manage a printer, and view the identification tab I get the following error, "Need version 2.02 field patch 1 or newer version of iManager". what version of Imanager are you running? http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2971357.htm Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

iManager and iPrint errors
We are currently running iManager 2.6 on a Linux server, and iPrint on Netware Cluster servers. We recently upgraded the Netware 6.5 cluster to SP7 with all the required post SP7 patches. Since the upgrade we are having problems administering Printer objects from within iManager getting either of the following 2 errors: Could not find native libraries for com.novell.service.ndps.eMFrameStartup The selected object is not a valid type for this property book. I have tried to update the iPrint plugins to the latest for iManager 2.6 available here, 'NOVELL: Downloads' (...

iManager iPrint Jobs Error
Error when accessing Retained Jobs from iManager 2.5 -> PropertyBook.......1437 NDPS Library Error: 700001h Error when accessing Jobs list from iManager 2.5 -> PropertyBook.......1437 Service Error: Unclassified server error Service Other Error: FFFFFFFF Service Other Error2: 0 Object Identification: .APS_NDPS_Print_Manager.NDPS.Servers.Academic.Allendale The error has been happening since upgrading the server from NW6.5 SP2 to NW6.5 SP4. I have tried the iPrint files fix from TID http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?2971357.htm but it doesn't seem...

iManager
I'm receiving the following error trying to manage iPrint printers. Exception reading printer control Security Error: Insufficient rights Also the same security error trying to create printers. All works fine using NWAdmin. Here's my iManager setup: Version 2.0.2 (20050302_0502) Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved. Maintenance Updates: iMan202_3_20040513 iMan202_5_20050302 iPrint.jar dated Friday, May 06, 2005, 10:26:52 AM The admin user is a manager of both the print manager and all the printers and has supervis...

iPrint errors on iManager for Linux
I have recently installed iManager 2.0.2 on SuSe Linux Enterprise Server 8. I'm having problems using the iPrint module. Here is the error I get when I try to startup/shutdown the Broker: Could not find native libraries for com.novell.service.ndps.eMFrameStartup. I'm getting similar messages in the other iPrint tasks. Any help would be appreciated. Any additional info needed, please let me know. Thanks Dan Romes dromes20@myrealbox.com Looks remarkably similar to the issue reported in http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10092843.htm . Unf...

Error enabling iPrint Support
In iManager on a 6.5sp2 box. 'Call NOvell Technical Supp' then... com.novell.service.ndps.NDPSNativeLibError\r\n at com.novell.service.ndps.NDPSManager.PsmListMODObjects(Native Method)\r\n at com.novell.service.ndps.NDPSManager.getMODObjects(NDPSManager.java:340)\r\n at com.novell.imanage.iPrint.EnableIPPTask.doListPrinters(EnableIPPTask.java:245)\r\n at com.novell.imanage.iPrint.EnableIPPTask.execute(EnableIPPTask.java:116)\r\n at com.novell.emframe.dev.Task.execute(Task.java:461)\r\n at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.BaseGadgetInstance.processRequest(BaseGadgetInstance....

iManager error with iPrint plugins
I am using iManager mobile on Windows XP. Can anyone make sense of this error while trying to work with iPrint? Error: Create Printer Driver Profile Failure Could not find native libraries for com.novell.service.ndps.eMFrameStartup. Cheers, > I am using iManager mobile on Windows XP. > > Can anyone make sense of this error while trying to work with iPrint? > > Error: Create Printer Driver Profile Failure > Could not find native libraries for com.novell.service.ndps.eMFrameStartup. > > Cheers, > I assume the server in this case is Netw...

Interesting Iprint/IManager Error
I go to update Win2k/XP drivers for a HP4050 through Imanager, and I get the following error: NDPS Library Error Category: 1060004h Other Error: FFFFFC50h The server is NW6.5 w/SP1 and I also installed the 3.05 Iprint client from Novell, thinking that maybe it was a client issue. I can change drivers fine, but it gives me this error when I try to upload them. Is this a rights issue, or something more sinister? I haven't gotten to the point where I've double checked the rights for the account I'm using, but I'm going to pursue that this afternoon. Any help...

A variety of iPrint and iManager Errors
I am having a variety of problems with my iPrint and iManager environment and I wonder if anyone might have some ideas as to what might be causing the issues. Here in a nutshell are 4 servers that I am currently seeing the issues on. 10.30.1.11 - When trying to create a printer we get the following message, Error: Create Printer Failure com.novell.service.ndps.ndpsexception.com.novell.admin.common.exceptions.uniqueSPIexception:(error -601) the object name entered could not be found in the context specified. Also when trying to browse to the objects in the tree I am unable to...

error 10061 installing iprinter
--____BZSRFHYEXVGTWUMXKOGF____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 8 Dec 2005 07:15:04 -0800" Have 631, 80, and 443 open through the firewall to my server. When I = click the printer I get this error WINSOCK 10061 problem. =20 Knowledge base says something about 443 and conflicting applications and = ports. But it talks about netware 6. Is this the same problem on Netware = 6.5sp3 server? --____BZSRFHYEXVGTWUMXKOGF____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundar...

iPrint / IPRINT.EXE
I am in the process of setting up iPrint on a Netware 6.5 evaluation copy and I am trying to use iCapture but I can not find the program anywhere. The documentation says Novell iCapture is installed when you install the iPrint Client which I did. On Start > Programs > Novell iPrint I can only see Iprint Client and Uninstall iPrint Client. Again documentation says to use Start > Programs > Novell iPrint > iPrint Settings > iCapture I do not get this option. What should I do? Where can I find iprint.exe? camilop@mindspring.com (Camilo Perez) wrote in message ...

supported iManager platforms to manage iPrint?
I know that the XP workstation edition of iManager 2.7 doesn't work to manage iPrint. What about the W2k3 server edition? If so, do we need to have an eDir replica running on that server? Tim Wohlford, CNE Tim, Tim Wohlford wrote: > > I know that the XP workstation edition of iManager 2.7 doesn't work to > manage iPrint. That's certainly news to me. Where did you get that from? CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Product Support Forum Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de You got it exactly the wrong way. The workstation edition of iMana...

iManager/iPrint Broker 404 error
--____EBVXMNILDRYPKKSQMEIW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When trying to add printer drivers from iManager I receive a 404 error = immediately after the file copy box disappears. I pulled the following = from the ippErrs.txt file. 6/7/2004 - 9:43:44 AM Module: iexplore.exe Trace Info: myhttp.c, line 1387, thread 00000CB4 Routine: HTTPRecvResponse - bad HTTP status (404) Error: HTTP 404 - Not found. IManager is running on NetWare 6.5sp1 and the Broker service is on a = different box, also running ...

Web resources about - iManager and iPrint Error - Winsock 10061 - novell.support.iprint

Index of /wordpress
Name Last modified Size Description Parent Directory - imanager/ 04-Mar-2011 17:26 - squareads/ 17-Mar-2011 00:43 - wp-content/ 04-Mar-2011 17:25 ...

Apple iPod event predictions, long shot edition
Everyone knows we'll get iPods with cameras and a new iTunes, but what else might we see?

DIGITIMES Green energy news
DIGITIMES Green energy news

BT & Huawei achieve real-world super channel speed of 3Tbps
Speed achieved over a fully-managed core Flexgrid optical network Record spectral efficiency of 5.97bit/s/Hz Equivalent to transmitting around ...

Huawei - Products Lifecycle
Worldwide - My Huawei - Log out - Log in Cloud Computing Service Delivery Platform NGBSS Digital Home Enterprise Business Wireless Access Fixed ...

Huawei Products - Huawei
Corporate Enterprise Consumer Carrier Contact Us - Worldwide - Login - Register - Quick Links Products & Solutions By Industry How to Buy Partners ...

Huawei Products
All Products Solutions Case Studies Documentation Center News & Announcements Home Worldwide Login My space Log Out Register Contact Us Networking ...

NPR clarifies its code of ethics for acquired shows - India Gazette
An update to NPR's ethics handbook released Thursday clarifies which staffers and shows should abide ...

NetWare 6 Server Management
With an eye towards passing the Netware 6 CNE exam, this chapter explains the ins and outs of managing a Netware 6 server.

The Linux BeaconNovell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3
Novell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3 by Timothy Prickett Morgan Novell said this week that it has begun shipping ...