imanager 1.2.2 vs 2.0.1

hi

1.2.2 has the iprint stuff for creating/managing/etc iprint

2.0.1 does not.

Where did it go?

0
Phil
3/12/2004 9:12:05 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Phil,
having the iPrint snapins is not a question of the iManager version.
It is a question if you have the snapins itself or not :)
If you tell us what iManager version you have on which platform and
where you got ti from we might be able to help.

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Forum Sysop

Computers can never replace human stupidity.
0
Kai
3/13/2004 8:56:52 PM
The title says it all.

It shows up in 1.2.2

It does not show up in 2.0.1

"Kai Reichert" <kai.reichert@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Phil,
> having the iPrint snapins is not a question of the iManager version.
> It is a question if you have the snapins itself or not :)
> If you tell us what iManager version you have on which platform and
> where you got ti from we might be able to help.
>
> --
> Regards, Kai Reichert
> Novell Support Forum Sysop
>
> Computers can never replace human stupidity.

0
Phil
3/15/2004 6:03:55 PM
ooops, on Netware 6.0sp3

"Phil Hunt" <philhu@programmer.net> wrote in message
> The title says it all.
>
> It shows up in 1.2.2
>
> It does not show up in 2.0.1
>
> "Kai Reichert" <kai.reichert@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> > Phil,
> > having the iPrint snapins is not a question of the iManager version.
> > It is a question if you have the snapins itself or not :)
> > If you tell us what iManager version you have on which platform and
> > where you got ti from we might be able to help.
> >
> > --
> > Regards, Kai Reichert
> > Novell Support Forum Sysop
> >
> > Computers can never replace human stupidity.

0
Phil
3/15/2004 6:07:37 PM
Phil,
as i said it does not rely on the iManager version. If it does not show
up then you don't have the snapins installed.
So if you say it is NW 6.0 that means you installed eDirectory 8.7.x
"manually".
The iManager version that ships with the eDirectory product has nothing
to do with iPrint (two different products) so naturally it has no
iPrint snapins (and lots of others are "missing" as well.)
If you want to use iPrint snapins on iManager 2.x as well you need to
install them manually.

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Forum Sysop

Here we are at the 21st century, but where's the world of the future we
were always told about? Where are the flying cars, robots doing our
housework and people zipping around in jetpacks?
I'm sorry, but clapping my lights on and off doesn't cut it.
0
Kai
3/15/2004 8:30:57 PM
makes sense, thanks....

Where do I get the snapins?

> Phil,
> as i said it does not rely on the iManager version. If it does not show
> up then you don't have the snapins installed.
> So if you say it is NW 6.0 that means you installed eDirectory 8.7.x
> "manually".
> The iManager version that ships with the eDirectory product has nothing
> to do with iPrint (two different products) so naturally it has no
> iPrint snapins (and lots of others are "missing" as well.)
> If you want to use iPrint snapins on iManager 2.x as well you need to
> install them manually.
>
> --
> Regards, Kai Reichert
> Novell Support Forum Sysop
>
> Here we are at the 21st century, but where's the world of the future we
> were always told about? Where are the flying cars, robots doing our
> housework and people zipping around in jetpacks?
> I'm sorry, but clapping my lights on and off doesn't cut it.

0
Phil

http://download.novell.com

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Forum Sysop

Backup not found: (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?
0
Kai
3/16/2004 7:09:40 PM
I've looked.  Finding snapins for console one or imanager is impossible.

Anyone have a better pointer?

I cannot find any snapins for imanager.

And then, where do they go?

> Phil Hunt wrote:
>
> > makes sense, thanks....
> >
> > Where do I get the snapins?
>
> http://download.novell.com
>
> --
> Regards, Kai Reichert
> Novell Support Forum Sysop
>
> Backup not found: (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?

0
Phil
3/16/2004 8:26:47 PM
Phil,
open download.novell.com, then (because you look for something that
belongs to the iPrint product) select iPrint at the "choose a product"
dropdown box. The snapin should show up.

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Forum Sysop

Backup not found: (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?
0
Kai

Sometimes you get to close to the trees to see the forest!  :)

> Phil,
> open download.novell.com, then (because you look for something that
> belongs to the iPrint product) select iPrint at the "choose a product"
> dropdown box. The snapin should show up.
>

> --
> Regards, Kai Reichert
> Novell Support Forum Sysop
>
> Backup not found: (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?

0
Phil
3/17/2004 6:24:55 PM
Phil Hunt wrote:

> Thanks
>
> Sometimes you get to close to the trees to see the forest!  :)

Sometimes you need to know where something is in order to find it :)

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Forum Sysop

Backup not found: (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?
0
Kai
3/17/2004 11:14:51 PM
Ok

Installed iprint snapin, now it comes up in imanage 2.01

New problem....imanage 1.2.2 works fine, most of iprint in imanage 2.0.1
works, but many functions return
'page not found'

I'll have to see where the pages are it is expecting.  They might have
gotten moved when we went through the ohrrific install
of imanager 2.0.1

"Kai Reichert" <kai.reichert@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Phil,
> open download.novell.com, then (because you look for something that
> belongs to the iPrint product) select iPrint at the "choose a product"
> dropdown box. The snapin should show up.
>

> --
> Regards, Kai Reichert
> Novell Support Forum Sysop
>
> Backup not found: (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?

0
Phil

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

iManager 1.2.2 to 2.0.2 Upgrade
I've been running GW 6.5 WebAccess on the following system configuration: Netware 6.0 SP4 eDirectory 8.7.3 SP2 IR JVM 1.4.1 SP6 Novell Enterprise Web Server Tomcat 3.3 Apache 1.03 iManager 1.2.2 Yesterday I made the following change: Upgraded iManager to v2.0.2 and Tomcat to v4.0. This change broke GW WebAccess. I'm getting the following error when I try to get into GW WebAccess. It appears to pop up as it tries to bring up the login page. Server Error This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling you...

Imanager 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 (nothing happen)
Hi there i just tried to install (without succes) Imanager 2.0.1 to my Netware 6.0 server running BM 3.8. the goal is to manage RULES in webaccess browser mode. the install (GUI mode) seem to work OK, no errors i then, restart the server (to ensure that Apache and Tomcat restart) when i log to the server IPadress:2200, i still see 1.2.2 (normal) ?? thank's in advance martin.chamberland@nospam.mcc.gouv.qc.ca Martin ChApY > when i log to the server IPadress:2200, i still see 1.2.2 (normal) ?? No, you should be using https://serveripaddress/nps/iManager.html ...

imanager 2.0.2 installed but showing 1.2.2
I just installed imanager 2.0.2 but when i visit https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2200 i dont see anything in web manager. when i got to https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx i get the web manager and i click on "open imanager" i get redirected to imanager but it is version 1.2.2???? what is the path to my new install? netware 6 sp4 imanager 2.0.2 edir 8.7.1 :( rdixon@wvbep.org, iManager 2.x uses a different URL than iManager 1.x The URL for 2.x is https://<server_ip_address>/nps/iManager.html -- //Niclas Ekstedt ____________________________________ Niclas Eksted...

How to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?
I have 2.1.1 wokring fine and I have spent a lot of time making it just right but I want to make sure I have the latest & greatest so I am trying to get 2.1.2 to work so I can upgrade. When I try to set-up 2.1.2 I get a few errors such as: Could Not Load Skin: ~/Portals/_default/Skins/_default/admin.ascx Error: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\dnn212\295dc47c\1861dacc\3z6nxty1.0.vb(159): error BC30560: 'admin_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'. Is there a simple way to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2? RDD Iff you have not made any cha...

Version 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 upgrade
Hi folks, I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 last night. In case anybody wants it, I created a ZIP file containing the changed RUNTIME files - all you need to do is extract and ftp over the top of your 2.1.1 install - assuming you've NOT MODIFIED anything yourself... ;) Get the ZIP file here. Hope someone finds it helpful. joel joelblogs.co.uk...

iManager 1.2.2 #2
Hi, I have a NW6 SP3 server which runs BM37. I am in the process of upgrading to BM38 and I am running through the pre-requests. One of which is to upgrade iManager to 2.0.1. This can be done by either install iManager on a networked PC or upgrading the version on the server. I have tried installing it on a PC however, after the install it reports some errors, when you look at the log file is VERY lenghty and doesn't mean much to me. When the browser opens it tries to connect on the ipaddress of the pc\imanager......It basically doesn't work. What I need is a meth...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2
Name: R. Bijster Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 Comments: I want to report that Windowsbrowser V 6.0.2900_SP2, 12 seconds faster started then FireFoxbrowser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

where to get dnn 2.0.2 (not 2.0.1 beta 2)
where can i get the new version? on dotnetnuke.com there is only version "dotnetnuke 2.0.1 (beta 2)" for download. but the protal is running on 2.0.2 ... other question: 2.0.1 b2 is running on access and (other ver.) on mssql. the access-powerde version ist mutch slower; not only a bit; it's nearly not pos. the work with it. why? 1) 2.0.2 is not yet available for download. As soon as it is, you will see it on the download page at DotNetNuke. 2) The MS Access version was created to prove the validity of the DataProvider model. Jet SQL is very limited compared to T-SQL and...

SM 2.0/2.1 vs FF 3.0/3.1?
I'm just wondering what the SM release plans are with FF considering a "quick" follow-on to FF 3.0, currently being refered to as FF 3.1. Will SM 2.0 coincide with such a FF 3.1? (~ DEC 2008 ...) Or will SM 2.0 ship after FF 3.0, followed by SM 2.1 after FF 3.1? Thank you, Eddie Maddox Eddie-MacG3 wrote: > I'm just wondering what the SM release plans are > with FF considering a "quick" follow-on to FF 3.0, > currently being refered to as FF 3.1. > > Will SM 2.0 coincide with such a FF 3.1? > (~ DEC 2008 ...) > > Or w...

Any chance of a difference report between 2.1.1 and 2.1.2?
It would be helpful for those who downloaded and went through the pain of working out what had changed between 2.0.4 and 2.1.1 to have a difference between 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 in addition to 2.0.4 to 2.1.2 that is on dotnetnuke.comVisit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads. TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily The code difference is posted in the dotnetnuke.com site itself in the CHM format. There is a link to download the DNN 2.1.2 in the home page. Click the read more and follow that to get your required link...

eGuide 2.1.1 <--> 2.1.2
--____FKWXFITNNUNJHTZMZIBC____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, Playing around two servers with two different eGuide releases I'm able to = use this application to allow the users to change its own password with = the older version (eGuide 2.1.1) but not with the new one eGuide 2.1.2. Please, am I missing something? Is it not possible that each user change = her/his own password using eGuide 2.1.2? Thanks indeed, Ricardo --____FKWXFITNNUNJHTZMZIBC____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="__...

changelog 2.1.1 <-> 2.1.2 ?
What is the changelog between 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 ? We started a localization into french before 2.1.1 was frozen, and we would like to reuse most of this work. Thanks to say what has changed with the patch. ( please forget the question if the answer is in the zip ; I couldn't download it yet) Benoit www.dotnetnuke.fr The changelog report is available form the Dotnetnuke.com website.Tom Lucas On last look the change log was from 2.0.4 not 2.1.1!Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads. TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts ...

Web resources about - imanager 1.2.2 vs 2.0.1 - novell.support.iprint

Index of /wordpress
Name Last modified Size Description Parent Directory - imanager/ 04-Mar-2011 17:26 - squareads/ 17-Mar-2011 00:43 - wp-content/ 04-Mar-2011 17:25 ...

Apple iPod event predictions, long shot edition
Everyone knows we'll get iPods with cameras and a new iTunes, but what else might we see?

DIGITIMES Green energy news
DIGITIMES Green energy news

BT & Huawei achieve real-world super channel speed of 3Tbps
Speed achieved over a fully-managed core Flexgrid optical network Record spectral efficiency of 5.97bit/s/Hz Equivalent to transmitting around ...

Huawei - Products Lifecycle
Worldwide - My Huawei - Log out - Log in Cloud Computing Service Delivery Platform NGBSS Digital Home Enterprise Business Wireless Access Fixed ...

Huawei Products - Huawei
Corporate Enterprise Consumer Carrier Contact Us - Worldwide - Login - Register - Quick Links Products & Solutions By Industry How to Buy Partners ...

Huawei Products
All Products Solutions Case Studies Documentation Center News & Announcements Home Worldwide Login My space Log Out Register Contact Us Networking ...

NPR clarifies its code of ethics for acquired shows - India Gazette
An update to NPR's ethics handbook released Thursday clarifies which staffers and shows should abide ...

NetWare 6 Server Management
With an eye towards passing the Netware 6 CNE exam, this chapter explains the ins and outs of managing a Netware 6 server.

The Linux BeaconNovell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3
Novell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3 by Timothy Prickett Morgan Novell said this week that it has begun shipping ...