how to move printers from a dead NDPS printer

Hello,
we're having some problems with one of our NetWare 6.0 sp5 servers running
NDPS.

We will be doing some work on it, but before we can begin, we need to have a
plan for the printers, should the server never come back up.

Has anyone had experience with or can anyone point me to a TID that covers
this please?

I looked on Novell's web site, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,
Mari

0
Mari
9/9/2004 6:23:40 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In theory, you should be able to load the NDPS Manager on a different
server. The NDPS Manager database is regularly backed up to the NDS,
and when loading the NDPS Manager on a different server, you might be
able to restore it's database and thus make it functional. You can
either do this to permanently make your pritners available through a
server not yet running NDPS. However if you want to move your printers
to an existing NDPS Manager, you can use the Novell Consolidation
Wizard to mave the printer from one manager to another one.
The latest version of the Novell Consolidation Wizard can be found at
http://download.novell.com

Note: The current download version of the Consolidation Wizard does not
work with Windows XP SP2.

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.16.4.6)
0

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

Moving NDPS printers to iPrint
I have a number (67) of printers on NDPS that I would like to move the iPrint with minimal user impact. I have created the Broker and Manager on a new server. If I add an existing printer to the new iPrint Manager on the new server with iPrint enabled, what is the impact for existing users (Win98SE and NDPS printing enabled)? Will the iPrint Manager prompt them to install iPrint? No impact? Thanks all, --Dudley Dudley, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. H...

Printer is a Printer
Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? Our application requires that once a button is press, we print a form and the client signs it. We display a dialog allowing you to pick a printer, but the printer list contains, 'non-printers'. And we do not want to show them. I realize that this may not be possible, but I have to ask. Thanks Edwin, > Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? > > Our application requires that once a button is press, we prin...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the the printer objects? Matt Markley Check this out: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10085365.htm -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] ...

Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer
Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1 server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them. Can this be done or am I better off recreating the printer objects? Matt Markley I've been unsuccessful in getting iPrint to work when the NDPS manager is on another server. So what I did was create another NDPS manager/broker on my iPrint server...

how to move printers from a dead NDPS print server
Hello, we're having some problems with one of our NetWare 6.0 sp5 servers running NDPS. We will be doing some work on it, but before we can begin, we need to have a plan for the printers, should the server never come back up. Has anyone had experience with or can anyone point me to a TID that covers this please? I looked on Novell's web site, but couldn't find anything. Thanks, Mari See - http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10016871.htm It's quite easy. One of the best parts of NDPS. The great ease of moving printing around. ...

Printer distibuted by NDPS has no NDPS tabs in printer properties
We have NW 5.1 SP5 with NDPS ver 3.00F. All client computer are Windows 2000 SP4 with client 4.83 SP2. All printers are distributed by ZenWorks 3.2 Workstation policys which work fine. We want to use Printer Properties Pro to set various options on new printers - namely some HP LJ5100DTN's & HP LJ4200DTN's. On some workstations this is fine as the printer has the NDPS properties tabs, on others though this is not there and thus the printer properties pro settings are not applied. I have ensured that all drivers are the same and have updated some in the RMS ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #3
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #2
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

push ndps printer with pre-defined printer setting for a printer #4
Barry, When you have to set up 50 printers again, how do you handle the printer setup details like paper size and how many trays are available so that NDPS can push these details to the workstation as per your selection. In my case I will need to set the default paper size to be A4 paper and this printer has tray 2 and I need to set it to use A4 paper as well. I import the HP driver and push via NDPS and the workstaton. But I found that the NDPS printer agent object has nowhere to allow me to set this up. In other words I have to go all workstation to individually set them up. ...

Move NDPS printers to OES2 Linux or use iPrint?
Hi there, In our organization we have two NetWare 6.5 SP6 servers per site. One is production the other is for disaster recovery. We know how to easily migrate the NDPS printing solution to the DR server if needed. We now want to replace the DR server with an OES2 Linux server but how would we fail over the NDPS printers (which have also been enabled for iPrint but we don't use that method) to the new DR server. I noticed that new iPrint servers on OES are not available for selection through browsing the NDPS controlled access printer wizard. We are hoping that there is a simp...

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

Printer.Printers does not show all installed printers
I use this code with Delphi 2007: for I := 0 to Pred(Printer.Printers.Count) do Listbox1.items.add(Printer.Printers[I]); I have a customer that has a Xerox Phaser printer installed which is his default printer but it does not show in the list. He is using Windows 7, 64bit. Anyone have an idea as to why this might happen ? Thanks JT ...

Web resources about - how to move printers from a dead NDPS printer - novell.support.iprint

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Brother Laser Printer $40, Nomad Apple Watch Stand $41, Samsung 48″ 4K UHDTV $500 ...
... us out on: Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Brother compact Laser printer: ...

In the Garden of 3D Printers
... (the long tube it uses as a mouth)." Of course, a very similar experiment could have been done using handmade model flowers—not 3D printers—and ...

Epson WorkForce WF-3640 All-in-One Printer Review
Epson recently released the WorkForce WF-3640 , another high-quality printer with all the bells and whistles that exist in higher capacity models, ...

Review: M3D's Micro 3D Printer fits in a backpack, quiet as a mouse
You get what you pay for. With M3D's Micro 3D Printer, you get a well-made machine that's constrained in what it can make by its smaller-than-a-breadbox ...