Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer

Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW 5.1

server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works
best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to
install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on
my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them.

Can this be done or am I better off recreating the printer objects?

Matt Markley

novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I've been unsuccessful in getting iPrint to work when the NDPS manager
is on
another server.

So what I did was create another NDPS manager/broker on my iPrint
server and
recreate the printer objects.

If someone has a solution to my problem [iPrint web interface on
server A
but NDPS running on server B] I'd love to know.  Managing two printer
objects for each printer is a pain.

See my thread "Can iPrint _web_ interface been on a different server
from
NDPS manager?"

"M Markley" <markleym_nospam@winnebagoschools.org> wrote in message
> Here is my dilemma. I have created my NDPS printer objects on a NW
5.1
> server but I want to now install Iprint and it looks like it works
> best on a NW 6 server. We have a NW 6 server and I would like to
> install Iprint on that one and connect to my NDPS printer objects on

> my NW 5.1 server so I do not have to recreate them.
>
> Can this be done or am I better off recreating the printer objects?
>
> Matt Markley

0
Brian
12/16/2003 1:37:53 PM
Matt Markley,

did you find a solution?
I�m thinking of the same. PA�s, broker und managers are running on NW
5.0 and NW 5.1 servers. Installed first NW 6 server and want this
server to run IPrint.

Joerg

0
Joerg

Can I configure CUPS printers to iPrint printers?
I installed iPrint on OES2 Linux. I have a CUPS on SLES 9 and many printers are connected and sharing. Can I configure CUPS printers to iPrint printers? Thx. -- yjkim ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Do you mean you are searching for a tool that will automatically convert cups printers to iPrint printers? If yes, I'm not aware of the existence of such a tool. Maybe if you are able to export your pritner information in some table format, then you might be able to create your printers with a small script file using iprn...

iPrint printer installs through NDPS but not through iPrint client
Hi, I'm trying to iPrint-enable some Brother HL1670 printers, but I'm running into a problem. When I try to to install them onto WinXP client workstations via the iPrint client, I get the error: Error message: The system cannot find the file specified Error group: Windows Error code: 2 However, if I try to add the printer through the 'add new printer' route, the drivers download and install perfectly. Any ideas why / how to trouble-shoot??? Thanks, Iain Hi again, It's OK, I've got it working. I found TID10086895 which suggests upg...

Can not install printer via iprint but can via NDPS
Server is NW6SP3. Workstation is XPsp1, NW Client 4.83SP2, iPrint client 1.10 I have a label printer that I am trying to install via iPrint. installing from my iPrint Printers web page produces a 'Error message: The system cannot find the file specified' 'Error group: Windows' 'Error code: 2' popup box and the printer is not installed. The Printer Installation Status box gets to the point of 'Add the Printer Driver.' before the error pops up. If I do a NDPS installation of the printer it installs fine. I have enabled more detailed loggin...

iprint clent (5.64 and 5.68) on Win 7 (32 and 64 bit) removes the ability to view remote printers in Windows explorer via "View remote printers" if you have opened the server-object in Network
See subject. I just discovered this as I wanted to look into the properties of printers on several workstations and a Samba/Cups print server. If I unistall the iprint client it immediately starts to work. As soon as the client is installed you see no printers if you click on "View remote printers" . That only applies to Win7, on WinXP I did not see that behaviour (WinVista I don't use and my Win2008 server has no iprint client installed). Anybody else noticed that already? -- W. Prindl W_, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a res...

can iprint client silently modify existing iprint printer?
With the advent of the new iPrint 4.16 client allowing pass-through authentication from the novell client/netidentity we're enabling high security/ssl secure printing. In my testing, when I change the printer from medium security level to high security level, once I log into a workstation with an existing iPrint printer I will receive a message box: "The administrator has modified or renamed the printer <printer name>. Please wait while this printer is updated". You press OK and it will go through the deletion and recreation of the iPrint printer. After ...

Migrating iPrint printers from one Manager to another
I am trying to migrate a mass of printers onto a new manager with a different name. I found the server consolidation utility but when I move a printer from one manager to another the user is notified that their printer is removed and no new printer is installed. Is it possible to move a printer from one manager/server to another with a different name/context without interupting thousands of users? Also, is their a max number of printers that a manager can support? Thanks for any info! -- ddevore9 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Moving NDPS printers from one server to another
I have a netware 6.0 server that services my ndps printers ( has broker and manager. I would like to temporarily move these printers to a netware 6.5 servers. This Netware 6.5 server has its own broker and manager. I want to be able to move one printer at a time and be able to use the moved printer without shutting down the manager running in the source server. Any suggestions will be greatly apprciated. Thanks > I have a netware 6.0 server that services my ndps printers ( has broker > and manager. I would like to temporarily move these printers to a netware > 6....

Where can I find printer list that supports iprint?
I tried to find printer list that supports iprint. Does anyone know which website I can find it? I plan to use Oce VP2045 with iprint. Thank you for your help. it might be possible to use every printer with iprint if you are using a external print server i think. the only thing a printer need is an IP Address. <harbidus@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0173e.6$EG2.0@prv-forum3.provo.novell.com... > I tried to find printer list that supports iprint. Does anyone know which > website I can find it? I plan to use Oce VP2045 with iprint. > > Thank you for...

iPrint printer does not print through iPrint
We have iPrint working and have been using for a long time without any problems. We recently received a HP OfficeJet Pro K550 printer to put on the network. I uploaded the drivers, made the agent and all is good with that. However, the printer will not print if going through iPrint, although it says the print was successful. I tried printing to it directly from the TCP/IP port and it works fine, so its obviously a iPrint issue. To try to track down where it is getting held up, I paused output on the iPrint agent and printed to the iPrint printer. The job stays in the queue...

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

From NDPS to iPrint... NDPS Printer Settings
I really need an answer Hi I have been working for about a year now to implant iprint for automated printer installation on our network... My project is well prepared and I'm almost done... Previously, we made a wizard made with Auto-it using rundll32 priintui.dll for those insatllations. This clever little wizard is still used to automaticaly install NDPS printers. But the maintenance of this home made application is very complex. So we decided to go with iPrint.... In the properties of a NDPS printer their was a tab that is missing in iPrint, and this tab seems to b...

iPrint and All-in-One printers
I have an HP 2840 All-In-One (scanner/copier/printer). It is easy to have iPrint install the plain printer driver, but this does not incorporate the software for the scanner/copier. Is there a way to have this software installed with the driver through iPrint? Other ideas are also welcome, thanks. bariuspelagic@gmail.com wrote: > Is there a way to have this software >installed with the driver through iPrint? I don't think that can be done. >Other ideas are also welcome, thanks. ZENworks desktop Management maybe? -- Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.18.1.6) ...

Printer Support for iPrint
I work for state government and I've been asked by another agency to confirm that the Kyocera FS-9520DN printer will support iPrint. The printer is a network laser printer with an Ethernet jack and support for both TCP and LPR. It's my understanding that the only protocol that a printer must support in order to work with iPrint is IPP, but the specs document for the printer says nothing about IPP. I have asked the agency to contact Kyocera to confirm that the printer supports IPP. My basic question is; What does a printer need to support in order to be compatible wi...

Web resources about - Can you have Iprint on one server and your NDPS printer objects on another printer - novell.support.iprint

App Store - EPSON Printer Finder

Forget the Duct Tape, Astronauts Will Soon Use a Lowe's 3-D Printer in Space
... Labs. The Mooresville, S.C.-based home improvement chain has partnered with aerospace firm Made in Space to launch the first 3-D printer in ...

Can you really get a decent photo printer for under $50?
There was a time when you would have to pay hundreds of dollars for a decent photo printer, but those days are long gone. PC and peripheral makers ...

You can now use a 3-D printer to create artificial hair
As prices for 3D printers drop, there have been a number of interesting DIY projects that have come about. And now there’s one more thing you ...

Epson WorkForce WF-3640 All-in-One Printer Review
Epson recently released the WorkForce WF-3640 , another high-quality printer with all the bells and whistles that exist in higher capacity models, ...