Can't upload Windows 7 drivers

I have a new install of OES2 SP2a on SLES 10 SP3 running iPrint. It was
placed into an existing tree with Netware 6.5 servers, planning to do a
migration.  All seems to be fine with the iPrint config etc. but I can
not upload any Windows 7 drivers.  When attempting to load them into the
Driver Store, I can select the printer driver form the list presented,
or select a driver from a file, but when selected it just bounces back
to the iManager screen with no message or sign of anything hapenning.

I also tried doing the same on our Netware 6.5 server and got similar
results.  Have tried running IE as administrator, and with 32 bit and 64
bit versions with similar results.

I can load drivers for XP and Vista with no problems.

Please give any ideas on what may be wrong, or next steps to test
more.

Thanks.

Colin.

--
chill

chill
8/12/2010 11:06:02 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

chill wrote:

> I have a new install of OES2 SP2a on SLES 10 SP3 running iPrint. It
> was placed into an existing tree with Netware 6.5 servers, planning
> to do a migration.  All seems to be fine with the iPrint config etc.
> but I can not upload any Windows 7 drivers.  When attempting to load
> them into the Driver Store, I can select the printer driver form the
> list presented, or select a driver from a file, but when selected it
> just bounces back to the iManager screen with no message or sign of
> anything hapenning.
>
> I also tried doing the same on our Netware 6.5 server and got similar
> results.  Have tried running IE as administrator, and with 32 bit and
> 64 bit versions with similar results.

I'm assuming you are using IE8 on Windows 7 to do the upload.  What
version of the iPrint client is installed on the PC?

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

--
chill
chill's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=3568

0
chill
8/13/2010 5:06:04 PM
I have been able to get drivers uploaded by doing a clean Windows 7
install with the iPrint client V5.20.  I then installed iPrint client
V5,40 and driver uploading was dead.  Uninstalled V5.40 and re-installed
V5.20 and uploading still dead.  I then redid the Windows 7 install with
iP{rint client V5.20 again and uploading worked.

So does anyone have driver uploading working on a Windows 7 machine
with iPrint client V5.40 or V5.42?

Will be trying the same with 64 bit now.

Colin.

--
chill
chill's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=3568
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=418240

0
chill
8/18/2010 1:06:02 PM
I got similar results testing with a Win 7 64 bit system, but think I
may have found the solution to the problem, or what was contributing to
the issue in the first place.

In Zenworks, DLU Policy, the user was being assigned to both the
Administrators and Guests group. (found this out when causing a problem
with Windows Media Centre not starting up) So when adjusted the DLU
policy to not assign to the Guests group, then went back and tested the
driver upload again, and now it is working, even with the V5.42 client.
At least I am pretty sure that is the only thing changed.