"Error Group: WINSOCK" "Error Code:11004"

Hi

Just setup iPrint on the server and tried to install the printer to the
laptop and got the following message:

Error code:11004

Error message: Winsock 11004 - The DNS name has been found in the
database, but its associated data is not correct.

Error group: WINSOCK
Error code:11004

Anyone know what associated data it is referring to?

Thanks in advance

--
iangh2
0

A quick Google found this on http://www.sockets.com/err_lst1.htm

WSANO_DATA (11004) Valid name, no data record of requested type

Berkeley description: The requested name is valid, but does not have an
Internet IP address at the name server. This is not a temporary error.
This means another type of request to the name server will result in an
answer.

WinSock description: Same as Berkeley for host resolution. For protocol
and services resolution, the name or number was not found in the
respective database.

User suggestions: see WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND for details.

WSAHOST_NOT_FOUND (11001) Host not found

Berkeley description: No such host is known. The name you have used is
not an official hostname or alias. This is not a soft error, another
type of name server request may be successful.

WinSock description: Same as Berkeley. Any of the WinSock name
resolution functions can fail with this error. The WinSock API does not
provide any way to select specific name resolution protocols, server
address, or record type.

TCP/IP scenario: Most WinSock implementations use domain name system
(DNS) protocol for hostname to address resolution, although a few use
Network Information System (NIS). Assuming you have a name server
configured instead of or as well as a host table, a hostname resolution
request causes a WinSock DLL to send a DNS "A" record query (address
query) to the configured DNS query. If you have more than one server
configured, the hostname query fails only after the WinSock DLL has
queried all servers.

User suggestions: Check that you have a name server(s) and/or host table
configured. If you are using a name server(s), check whether the server
host(s) are up (e.g. try to ping the server(s)). You could also try to
resolve another hostname you know should work, to check that the name
resolution server application is running.

If you are using a host table exclusively, you'll need to update it to
add the destination hostname and address.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew

It was a DNS resolution issue.

--
iangh2
0

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

"SSL" "Mail" and "Code"
Does anybody know of any discussions taking place within Mozilla regarding these 3 bits in the certificate manager? Perhaps I've missed something in the discussions here. In any case, I think a new mechanism for indicating trust w/in the Mozilla apps are needed. Take for example the "StartCom Certification Authority" root. The Certificate Manager (I'm using Firefox on Windows) says it can identify web sites, email users, and code yet the cert itself says it can only be used for signing other certs (essentially, that is). At a minimum this is confusing but I have...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

"Error on page" when clciking "Jobs" in "Printer Control" with iManager
Hello all, I have the following issue in iManager : when I click on "Jobs" in "Printer Control" tab for a printer object, I have the following error message : "Error on page"/"Done with Error" in the left down corner of my Internet Explorer (v6.0) If I double click on the error message, I have either "Expected ')'" or "Object Expected" in the error description window. What surprise me is the fact that it occurs only on printers from one of our four NDPSM. (This is why I didn't post on the imanager forum) Tho...

"ApplicationException("Error: ......");
hi,I was wondering if somebody could tell me what happens when I write "throw new ApplicationException("Error: .......");"I don't know where is this exception written too. Could somebody explain me this please. Thank you...Sanch Try it and you will quickly find you what happens....

"Using" or "With"

"To" and "From" missing

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"Access database" and "Login error"
Hey guys,I'm trying to get an Access database to be the location of the username/password combinations. I've done it is as far as I can tell, but I'm now stuck with the following error.These are some of things I have doneSet up the database in ODBC under the name "OdbcServices"Put the database in the "App_data" folder in the website directoryThanks for any help that you guys can give about the error.The Naked Programmer------------------------------------------ Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the proc...

replace the "." with a ","

"Me" is better than "You"

double quote

Web resources about - "Error Group: WINSOCK" "Error Code:11004" - novell.support.iprint