Imanager v2.7 Windows Workstation Error

I downloaded iMan_27_workstation_win.zip and extracted the files to
c:\imanager.  I am running Windows XP sp3.  The readme/documentation
says to use imanager on my windows workstation, I just have to run the
c:\imanager\bin\imanager.bat file.

When I run the bat file, I get the login prompt.  However no matter
what name/password/tree combination I put in, I get the following
error:

UNABLE TO INITIALIZE JCLIENT: JAVA.LANG.ERROR: UNABLE TO INITIALIZE
DCLIENT

Several TIDs/Posts i've read speak of a tomcat5 service, but I dont
have one running on my machine.  Is there some setup i have to complete
before running Imanager v2.7 on my windows xp workstation?

--
wanman

wanman
1/27/2009 4:16:01 PM
novell.support.imanager 4438 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In article <wanman.3mojkn@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Wanman wrote:
> UNABLE TO INITIALIZE JCLIENT: JAVA.LANG.ERROR: UNABLE TO INITIALIZE
> DCLIENT

Do you have Sun's java installed/updated on your PC?  I'm guessing here
that you may need it and not have it installed.

The older iManager for Windows used Apache and Tomcat services running
on the PC, and it was different from the new iManager Mobile.  Just
running the .bat file is enough for it to run on my PC's, but I have
java installed on them all.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Craig
1/27/2009 4:47:19 PM
0
ab
1/27/2009 5:01:55 PM
phxazcraig;1723413 Wrote:
> In article <wanman.3mojkn@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Wanman wrote:
> > UNABLE TO INITIALIZE JCLIENT: JAVA.LANG.ERROR: UNABLE TO INITIALIZE
> > DCLIENT
> >
> Do you have Sun's java installed/updated on your PC?  I'm guessing
> here
> that you may need it and not have it installed.
>
> The older iManager for Windows used Apache and Tomcat services running
> on the PC, and it was different from the new iManager Mobile.  Just
> running the .bat file is enough for it to run on my PC's, but I have
> java installed on them all.
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp

Yes, I have Sun Java v6 update 7 installed.  My machine is also running
the Novell client 4.91 sp3 as well as Zenworks 7.0.1 and iprint v4.32.

I copied the extracted imanager folder over to another workstation in
my enviornment and it worked.  The difference between these two machines
is:

Working machine
winxp sp3
Novell client 4.91 sp2
Nici v 2.6.8.2
Java v6 update 5

Not working machine
winxp sp3
Novell client 4.91 sp3
Nici v 2.7.0
Java v 6 update 7

I uninstalled the novell client on the "not working machine" and
installed v4.91 sp2 with nici v2.6.8.2, but that didnt help.  I didn't
try to downgrade java, but I dont know if that would make a difference
either.

What do you think could be the problem here (Am i looking in the wrong
place)?

--
wanman
wanman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=22712

0
wanman
1/28/2009 3:26:02 PM
wanman;1724186 Wrote:
> Yes, I have Sun Java v6 update 7 installed.  My machine is also running
> the Novell client 4.91 sp3 as well as Zenworks 7.0.1 and iprint v4.32.
>
> I copied the extracted imanager folder over to another workstation in
> my enviornment and it worked.  The difference between these two machines
> is:
>
> Working machine
> winxp sp3
> Novell client 4.91 sp2
> Nici v 2.6.8.2
> Java v6 update 5
>
> Not working machine
> winxp sp3
> Novell client 4.91 sp3
> Nici v 2.7.0
> Java v 6 update 7
>
> I uninstalled the novell client on the "not working machine" and
> installed v4.91 sp2 with nici v2.6.8.2, but that didnt help.  I didn't
> try to downgrade java, but I dont know if that would make a difference
> either.
>
> What do you think could be the problem here (Am i looking in the wrong
> place)?

I was able to resolve the issue.  When I originally uninstalled the
Novell Client and Nici, I did not check to see if the registry key
[HKLM\Software\novell\NICI] was deleted (it was already deleted).  Also
I did not delete the folder [c:\windows\system32\novell\nici].

I uninstalled the novell client and nici again, deleted the Nici folder
and then reinstalled the Novell client v4.91 (no sp) which includes Nici
v2.6.6.  I restarted the computer and iManager v2.7 Mobile now works.

It seems there is an incompatability with the later version of Nici
after v2.6.8.  I spent too much time figuring this out and have to get
back to work, but later I'm going to (slowly) upgrade my novell client
via service packs.  I want to make sure wether its a Nici/Novell Client
version problem or just some corruption in the Nici folder.

Anyhow, thanks to you both for your help.

--
wanman
wanman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=22712
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=358217

0
wanman
1/28/2009 7:06:01 PM
In article <wanman.3mqm40@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Wanman wrote:
> I uninstalled the novell client and nici again, deleted the Nici folder
> and then reinstalled the Novell client v4.91 (no sp) which includes Nici
> v2.6.6.  I restarted the computer and iManager v2.7 Mobile now works.

Thanks for the heads-up on that.  I'll keep my eyes open for the same
thing if those symptoms happen to me.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Craig
1/29/2009 1:38:50 AM
I think by deleting the c:\windows\system32\novell\nici folder you
cured a rights problem, which I found often inhibits proper working of
NICI.

Below the NICI folder there are subfolders for each user using NICI,
which are by default only accessible by the user itself. If your local
(or Windows domain) accout changes (e.g. delete and recreate or moving
in the domain) without changing the username, this leads to an
unaccessible NICI folder and to the error you described. Deletion of
the folder or setting proper access rights cures the error.
--

W. Prindl

wanman wrote:

>wanman;1724186 Wrote:
>> Yes, I have Sun Java v6 update 7 installed.  My machine is also
>>running  the Novell client 4.91 sp3 as well as Zenworks 7.0.1 and
>>iprint v4.32.
>> I copied the extracted imanager folder over to another workstation
>>in  my enviornment and it worked.  The difference between these two
>>machines  is:
>>
>> Working machine
>> winxp sp3
>> Novell client 4.91 sp2
>> Nici v 2.6.8.2
>> Java v6 update 5
>>
>> Not working machine
>> winxp sp3
>> Novell client 4.91 sp3
>> Nici v 2.7.0
>> Java v 6 update 7
>>
>> I uninstalled the novell client on the "not working machine" and
>> installed v4.91 sp2 with nici v2.6.8.2, but that didnt help.  I
>>didn't  try to downgrade java, but I dont know if that would make a
>>difference  either.
>>
>> What do you think could be the problem here (Am i looking in the
>>wrong  place)?
>

>I was able to resolve the issue.  When I originally uninstalled the
>Novell Client and Nici, I did not check to see if the registry key
>[HKLM\Software\novell\NICI] was deleted (it was already deleted).
>Also I did not delete the folder [c:\windows\system32\novell\nici].
>
>I uninstalled the novell client and nici again, deleted the Nici
>folder and then reinstalled the Novell client v4.91 (no sp) which
>includes Nici v2.6.6.  I restarted the computer and iManager v2.7
>Mobile now works.
>
>It seems there is an incompatability with the later version of Nici
>after v2.6.8.  I spent too much time figuring this out and have to get
>back to work, but later I'm going to (slowly) upgrade my novell client
>via service packs.  I want to make sure wether its a Nici/Novell
>Client version problem or just some corruption in the Nici folder.
>
>Anyhow, thanks to you both for your help.
0
W_

iManager 2.7 Workstation Windows

error in imanager 2.7 on OES2-SP1 Linux when imanage storage
Hi forum I get this below error on a new OES2 SP1 Linux server that is just installed in an existing tree, but non of the avalible tid, does not seems to cover it. Error comes in iManager 2.7 when i choose the server object: Error: This user does not have the correct credentials to authenticate to the CIMOM client. any ideas? Thanks - Michael Seems like this was LUM that pr. default was not configured correctly, i reconfigured it via Yast MICASA, along with LDAP and a few others and now i have the iManager working properly for storage, also i removed the LDAP...

How to completely uninstall iManager 2.7 Workstation in Windows.
iManager 2.7 Workstation has stopped letting me do several things. 1) Install new plugins. 2) Browse the IDVault. 3) Look at the Driver Set. I have no idea what caused this but I thougt a delete of the install directory and a reinstall would be enough to fix it. However the same problems occur on a clean install. Apart from the directory where I have installed the iManager 2.7 workstation, is there anywhere else I have to remove files to ensure there are no remnants of the installation? Are there registry entries I need to clean out? Hidden configuration information? ...

iManager 2.7 Error: Namespace Error CLASS_NOT_DEFINED
Hi All Anyone got any advice for this error? Error: Namespace Error CLASS_NOT_DEFINED com.novell.admin.ns.NamespaceException: CLASS_NOT_DEFINED\n at com.novell.admin.ns.NamespaceException.(NamespaceException.java:39)\n at com.novell.admin.ns.SchemaDefinition.getClassDefinition(SchemaDefinition.java:393)\n at com.novell.emframe.fw.ExtendObjectTask.doExtendObject(ExtendObjectTask.java:220)\n at com.novell.emframe.fw.ExtendObjectTask.execute(ExtendObjectTask.java:108)\n at com.novell.emframe.dev.Task.execute(Task.java:505)\n at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.BaseGadgetInstance...

NCS error and Storaeg error in iManager 2.7.2
Hi all, Before migrating my NW6.5 ont a new cluster OES2, i've wanted to check that all was OK, gone in iManager, Cluster then selected the cluster object and i got en error : NCS: File protocol error when managing cluster through iManager I have search on forums and got some responses about owcimomd and openwebem.conf file that did not resolve this issue. Juste for testing went into storage in iManager 2.7.2 select a server and a pool and then i get the following error This user does not have the correct credentials to authenticate to the CIMOM client I then ...

iManager Custominzation for iManager 2.7.3
Were running NW6.5 sp6, eDir8.7.3, GroupWise 7.03, and IDM 3.5.1. We had a Novell contractor come in and set up our IDM system and he made several customizations to iManager Workstation 2.7.3. Were experiencing the bug where you cannot run multi-instances of iManager Workstation 2.7.3. It was suggested that we set up a web server and run iManager 2.7.3. Since this is the server version, I need to copy the customizations from iManager Workstation 2.7.3 to iManager 2.7.3 server. I know where the customizations are located on the Workstation version, but not on the server version. ...

Can't get to broker
Netware 6.5 SP8 and post patches for iprint installed. imanager 2.7.4 running on a windows 7 workstation. iPrint Client 5.64 installed. I need to upload Windows 7 drivers: I pick Manage Broker, browse to and select the Broker, pick the RMS Drivers tab and get the error: "Exception Reading resource print drivers information. Could not find native libraries for com.novell.service.ndps.eMFrameStartup" Learned that I need to use Internet explorer. So I try http://localhost:48080/nps and get the generic error: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." ...

iManager 2.7 error
In iManager 2.7 (NW65sp7) when I select the 'Create User' option I get the following at the bottom of the screen and do not seet the OK or CANCEL button to complete the process 'com.novell.emframe.tags.iManMvedTag.setBiggerBox(Ljava/lang/String;)V' -- 6568593 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ some thing happened to me today when creating a user. We updated iManager 2 days ago. -- jakobperry ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jakobperry's Profile: http://forums.no...

iManager 2.7 Workstation
Hi, We have been using iManager 2.6sp3 for a while now and i had originally set up iManager on a NetWare server (NW65sp6) and users connected to iManager via a web browser. However due to numerous problems with memory problems and having to restart tomcat or the server sometimes twice a day we had a look at using iManager 2.7 Workstation. I installed iManager 2.7 Workstation for a number of users at our helpdesk and having gotten past getting the iPrint role to work, I now have another problem with the iPrint role for the helpdesk staff. When they use the old iManager 2.6 t...

imanager 2.7 support
Is there any word of iman 2.7 support on redhat es 5? Everything else in idm/edir suite is supported but iman and user app. Thanks in advance. -- Craig Giffin csgiffin@vcu.edu Virginia Commonwealth University ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I'll ask for you ... Rainer -- brunold ------------------------------------------------------------------------ brunold's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=562 View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=325683 Craig, just got th...

iManager workstation on Windows and Indexes
Hi When running iManager 2.7 and 2.7.1 on Windows, the Indexes role is named Index Management Overview instead of Indexes. After clicking on it and then on a server I get the following error: Internal error A page has performed an illegal action. Any ideas? This is the debug log: Code: -------------------- 09/29/08 [13:21:55.328] Task................444 Starting task 'IndexManagement.IndexBook': 09/29/08 [13:21:55.328] PropertyBook.......1543 java.lang.NullPointerException 09/29/08 [13:21:55.328] PropertyBook.......1543 java.lang.NullPointerException at ...

iManager workstation javaw.exe keeps running after closing iManager
Hi Has anybody experienced that after closing iManager 2.7 workstation on Windows 7 the javaw.exe process keeps running in the background and needs to be killed manually? The closing behaviour of iManager WS is not predictable, but yes it often does not end the javaw.exe process on WIN7. -- W. Prindl alekz wrote: >Hi >Has anybody experienced that after closing iManager 2.7 workstation on >Windows 7 the javaw.exe process keeps running in the background and >needs to be killed manually? ...

Imanager 2.7 and Java in Workstation
Hi, Im having a rare problem with Imanager running in Netware 6.5 sp7, Im trying to edit acces control rules of my border manager 3.9 sp1 and ... ... If I try with a workstation Windows XP SP2 with Iexprorer 7, Java up to date (Versio6) I can't edit acces rules I receive a blank page. But if I use a workstation with explorer 6 and JRE 1.4.x all works fine. Any Idea?? Tks. -- enzos ------------------------------------------------------------------------ enzos, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That con...

Windows iManager Internal Server error
My local Windows (W2K) copy of iManager has completley stopped working with --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, you@your.address and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Apache/2.0.48 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.44 OpenSSL/0.9.7 mo...

Web resources about - Imanager v2.7 Windows Workstation Error - novell.support.imanager

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

App Store - iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices!
Get iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

workstation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
i tend to photograph trin from above. possibly because she is little. colour

Citrix WinFrame 1.8 upgrade from Windows NT 3.51 Workstation - YouTube
This is my recording of doing an in place upgrade of the elusive Citrix WinFrame 1.8 version of Windows NT 3.51. I was able to do an in place ...

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Fusion-IO Brings Flash Madness To Workstations, And Movies Like 'Hugo'
... the founding member of the AllThingsD Flash Madness Club , last summer’s hot IPO , said today it is bringing its flash technology to workstations. ...