iManager can not creat User Home Directory

When attempting to create a User with iManager, I get the following error:

 Error: error due creating user home directory.

We have NW 6.5 SP1, eDirectory 8.7.4.

Have anybody an idea what I do wrong?

0
Fari
2/22/2004 10:03:27 AM
novell.support.imanager 4438 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Fari,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

iManager can not creat User Home Directory II
Now I find out that iManager can not create user home directory on a Netware Cluster Volume. Is there any fixes for iManager to fix this greate problem? Thank, Fari Fari, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in b...

Creating a Home Directory for a user in iManager
I'm setting up some custom user creation tasks in iManager 2.0.2 and having trouble with the creation of user home directories. The problem is described in TID 10092408 in scenario 3 where the home directory is located on a NetWare 6.5 cluster volume. I've looked at the other issues re rights to the file system to create the folder and set the access rights but this is all ok. I have tested this with NetWare 6.5 SP3 which the article indicates should resolve the problem (an update to NCPIP.NLM) and I have also tested this with NetWare 6.5 SP4. Does anyone know wheth...

iManager and Users Home Directory
I try to create a user with iManager. I check the box "Copy from template or user object", choose the right template and fill out all required fields. After that, the user and all template specific properties are created but not the home directory in the filesystem nor the properties in the user account. If I do the same with netware administrator everything works fine. what's wrong?? Christian Roth wrote: > but not the home directory in the > filesystem nor the properties in the user account. If I do the same > with netware administrator everything wo...

No home directories being created when using imanager
I have an OES2 server with imanager 2.7.0 on it and I am trying to create users accounts for all the new kindergarten kids in the system. wHEN i USE CONSOLE ONE,, they all create correctly using a template that I have created except that I do not want to use it since it does not automatically ask for their first name. SO I try to use imanager using the same template, but I get an error back of "(Error -255) Multiple meaning error message for error code -255." I go through and look at waht has actually created and it appears everything is identical to what is created in c...

User Home Directory Can't be Created
We're having a problem whereby when we create a new user, user's home directory is not being created. Novell Netware 6.5 SP7 Novell eDirectory 8.7 Latest ConsoleOne Any idea or suggestion? -- Herry Bin Sarip System Engineer Email : herry@zen.com.my ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Athlon crazy, > We're having a problem whereby when we create a new user, user's home > directory is not being created. > Now do you create this user? Ie with what tool? NWadmin32, ConsoleOne, iManager, Other.. - And...

Creation of User Home directories with iManager what a bundle of joy
iManager lets you select the volume on which you wish to host user home directories but does not let you browse to select where in that volumes directory structure you wish the home directory to be created. Admins have to type the full path beneath the root volume level. If they make a typo in this path then they face new challenges. No wonder people would rather die that switch from Console 1. Am I missing some hidden feature/befefit ? I agree with this irritating and missing function in iManager. But what i really is missing, is a tool to mass-import users from csv-file. Now ...

Create home directory in iManager 2.0.2
Hi there, I'm trying to set up a new role. Everything is going well except when I create a new user through iManager it says "The create user's home directory failed". The user is being created based on a template, and the administrative user has rights to the volume where the home directory is being created. This same admin user can create users with home directories using ConsoleONE so I believe that the rights are correct. Does anyone know how I might fix this? Any suggestions are always appreciated! Cheers! Chris Upon further investigation I h...

Creating a user directory other than home directory
Hey there, I have a two-fold problem. I have JRB utilities but I can not see how to make this work. We created a directory in the users home directory. We want to move all these directories out into another main directory and have the same file rights. Plus, when we add new users, we want this directory to be created automatically. Each teacher has a directory called GQWIN in their home directory. This is their gradebook. We want to move all of the teachers gradebooks into one central "Gradebook" directory, then their username, then the GQWIN directory. Curren...

Create Directory in Users Home Directory
Hello I was wondering if there was an easy way of creating a directory and coping a file to it in each users home directory, using the login script? Could I just run a batch file like this: @echo off dir F:\homedir\test\test.file 1>2> nul if errorlevel=1 goto test goto end :test mkdir f:\homedir\test xcopy f:\test\test.file f:\homedir\test goto end :end Or is there an easier way? Thanks Jtk, > Or is there an easier way? > ZEN for Desktops... But you can do it with a batch file. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (...

using iManager to create user, but can't set Universal password during creation
Hi, We use imanager to create our users, and during user creation, you can give the user a password. I believe this is the NDS password. (?) You then have to go in and set the Unviersal Password, after the fact. Is there a way around this? cperry wrote: >We use imanager to create our users, and during user creation, you can >give the user a password. I believe this is the NDS password. (?) What version of iManager are you using and on what platform is it running? It is my understanding that if a password policy requiring universal password is active for the container...

Problem creating Users in iManager
Hello there, I've installed a NOES SP2-Server... I've (after some problems) successfully configured my Data-Volumes but now when I click on "Create User" in the Novell iManager, I've get the following error-message: "/portal/modules/base/skins/default/devices/default/CrtUserAcct.jsp(27,0) No such tag dialogScripts in the tag library imported with prefix iman" I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the iManager completly (via YaST), but no success. The other links below the user-section (Delete User, Disable Account, Enable Account) don't pr...

Error creating user in iManager
I am running OES Linux Sp2. When I go and try to created a user in iManager I get the following error.. /portal/modules/base/skins/default/devices/default/CrtUserAcct.jsp(27,0) No such tag dialogScripts in the tag library imported with prefix iman How do I fix this? It just started and I have not applied any patches in a while so it's not that. Randymacfarland, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the fo...

Creating Users with iManager or NWAdmin
Hello, I want to use our Netware 6.5 Server as a LDAP-Source. When I create an user with the iManager it works, but when I create an user with the NWAdmin-Tool not. What is the differenz between these Tools? Or is there something wrong on our Server? Thanks! Siegfried siegfried.olberding@sparkasse-wittmund.de wrote: > but when I create an > user with the NWAdmin-Tool not. please clarify how this does not work. Do you get an error at creation, or is the user unable to login later? what are the exact symptoms of your problem? BTW if you have problems with ans...

NW6.5--User quota doesn't stick using iManager to create users
For those of you plagued with not getting user directory space restrictions to stick when creating users through iManager (when using a template), I was told that this fix was supposed to address the issue: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2971622.htm Didn't work for me, but has anyone been able to get it to work? Chris, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: ...

Web resources about - iManager can not creat User Home Directory - novell.support.imanager

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory" ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

Researchers show how to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
... showed at the Black Hat security conference. The attack, called an SMB relay, causes a Windows computer that's part of an Active Directory ...

Researchers find way to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
The technique could enable attackers to attack Windows servers hosted in the cloud

Slack's App Directory proves it's more than just a chatroom
... are about to get a little easier to find and integrate within your team and over 160 of them live within the company's new Slack App Directory. ...