iManager 2.0.2 File Protocols FTP problem

When I try to manage the FTP server using iManager on Netware 6.5 I select
my server (the only one in this tree) and iManager says "Could not
configure to specified server." ???
I haven't found any hits on this error in Novell's support knowledge base.
Also I noticed in the Logger Screen that is says:

**************************************
* The dynamic library JNFSFTP cannot *
* be found.  Make sure JNFSFTP.NLM   *
* is in the search path.             *
**************************************

I couldn't find this file on the server. Also I get no hits on this file
name in the Novell support knowledge base or in the general search.

History: I installed Netware 6.5 sp1b with all products selected. Then
installed Zenworks for Desktops 4 followed by Zenworks for Desktops 4 sp1b.
I had some problems configuring NetStorage and managed to cause iManager
to experience a host of different problems while experimenting.

I had the blank page issue:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10092127.htm

I had the iManager fails after reinstallation:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10089279.htm

I had the Unable to login to oneNet/nsadmin issue:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10081968.htm

I had to change my drive mappings in the login script for NetStorage to
work with them. Mappings now look like
map g:=\\www.mydomain.com\data\programs

Had a problem removing a Domain from Authentication Domains in NetStorage
and so had to remove it manually:
# You can remove domain/context by editing server registry.
# start NetWare Remote Manager with /regedit switch:
# portal.nlm /regedit
# access http ://your_server:8008
# Manage Applications
# NetWare Registry
# My Server
# Software
# Novell
# Xtier
# Configuration
# XSrv
# Authentication Domains
# select desired key and delete

I have reinstalled iManager, exteNd, nwftp, etc.. I have analyzed the
search paths listed in the origional autoexec.ncf and the current one.
I have checked the Server Certificates with PKIDIAG.NLM. I have verified
the LDAP objects Tomcat and Apache as per:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10090732.htm

Any hints?
Thanks
Robert Taylor
0
robtaylor
6/18/2004 5:08:23 PM
novell.support.imanager 4438 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I found the file JNFSFTP.NLM in the \PRODUCTS\NATIVEFS\NFSNIS\NFSNIS.ZIP
on the NW 6.5 Products CD. I just need to figure out how to get it onto my
server now....

> When I try to manage the FTP server using iManager on Netware 6.5 I
select
> my server (the only one in this tree) and iManager says "Could not
> configure to specified server." ???
> I haven't found any hits on this error in Novell's support knowledge
base.
> Also I noticed in the Logger Screen that is says:
>
> **************************************
> * The dynamic library JNFSFTP cannot *
> * be found.  Make sure JNFSFTP.NLM   *
> * is in the search path.             *
> **************************************
>
> I couldn't find this file on the server. Also I get no hits on this file
> name in the Novell support knowledge base or in the general search.
>
> History: I installed Netware 6.5 sp1b with all products selected. Then
> installed Zenworks for Desktops 4 followed by Zenworks for Desktops 4
sp1b.
> I had some problems configuring NetStorage and managed to cause iManager
> to experience a host of different problems while experimenting.
>
> I had the blank page issue:
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10092127.htm
>
> I had the iManager fails after reinstallation:
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10089279.htm
>
> I had the Unable to login to oneNet/nsadmin issue:
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10081968.htm
>
> I had to change my drive mappings in the login script for NetStorage to
> work with them. Mappings now look like
> map g:=\\www.mydomain.com\data\programs
>
> Had a problem removing a Domain from Authentication Domains in
NetStorage
> and so had to remove it manually:
> # You can remove domain/context by editing server registry.
> # start NetWare Remote Manager with /regedit switch:
> # portal.nlm /regedit
> # access http ://your_server:8008
> # Manage Applications
> # NetWare Registry
> # My Server
> # Software
> # Novell
> # Xtier
> # Configuration
> # XSrv
> # Authentication Domains
> # select desired key and delete
>
> I have reinstalled iManager, exteNd, nwftp, etc.. I have analyzed the
> search paths listed in the origional autoexec.ncf and the current one.
> I have checked the Server Certificates with PKIDIAG.NLM. I have verified
> the LDAP objects Tomcat and Apache as per:
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10090732.htm
>
> Any hints?
> Thanks
> Robert Taylor

0
robtaylor
6/18/2004 6:23:49 PM
Hahahahahahahaha <cough> who's the Master!!!

I extracted the file from the NW 6.5 Products CD and coppied it to
sys:system using NetStorage. Now I can administer FTP through iManager.

Take Care
Robert Taylor

> [...]
> > and so had to remove it manually:
> > # You can remove domain/context by editing server registry.
> > # start NetWare Remote Manager with /regedit switch:
> > # portal.nlm /regedit
> > # access http ://your_server:8008
> > # Manage Applications
> > # NetWare Registry
> > # My Server
> > # Software
> > # Novell
> > # Xtier
> > # Configuration
> > # XSrv
> > # Authentication Domains
> > # select desired key and delete
> >
> > I have reinstalled iManager, exteNd, nwftp, etc.. I have analyzed the
> > search paths listed in the origional autoexec.ncf and the current one.
> > I have checked the Server Certificates with PKIDIAG.NLM. I have
verified
> > the LDAP objects Tomcat and Apache as per:

0
robtaylor
6/18/2004 8:13:42 PM
robtaylor@sd28.bc.ca,

>I extracted the file from the NW 6.5 Products CD and coppied it to
>sys:system using NetStorage. Now I can administer FTP through
>iManager.

Wow nice job.
Thanks for the feed back.

--