'Password Management' isn't shown in iManager - Universal password needed

Hi All

I need to set up a DirXML, or rather Identity Manager 2 here.
I've had to reinstall the iManager here, as it wen't haywire after a
consultant had messed about on the server.
For some reason RBS is activated (is there a way to remove that?)
I followed the Universal Password Deployment Guide., the SDI works nicely
as far as I can gather from it.
I've looked in the TID10091354 to set up universal password further.
But I don't see a 'Password Management' task in the left window.
I see: Dynamic Groups, eDirectory Adminstration, eDirectory Maintenance,
Groups, Help Desk, LDAP, NMAS, Novell Certificate Access, Novell
Certificate Server, Partition and Replica Management, Rights, Schema,
SNMP, Users, WAN Traffic.

If I go to Configure->iManager Configuration->Modules I see a lot of
modules listed:
Certificate Server, eDirectory Backup and Restre, eDirectory ICE,
eDirectory Merge, eDirectory Repair and Logfile, eDirectory Service
management, Forgotten Password, iManager, Index, LDAP, Monitor, NBM
Firewall, NBM VPN, NMAS Login, NMAS Plug-ins, Novell DirXML Activation,
Novell DirXML Application Driver, Novell DirXML Common, Novell DirXML
Configuration, Novell DirXML Dataflow, Novell DirXML Driver, Novell
DirXML Filter, Novell DirXML Information, Novell DirXML Rules, Novell
DirXML Script, Npvell eDirectory Report and Notification Service
Configuration, Novell Filtered Replica, Novell iManager NotfCOnfig,
Novell iManager PWSync, Novell NSure, Novell Password Policy, Novell Unix
Profile, Novell User Profile, Platform Administration, Role-ased
Entitlements, SNM Management, WAN Traffic.

For some reasonm a lot of modules I miss are listed, but they don't show,
how do I make them show, and where do I get the 'Password Management'
from?

/Fribse

0
fribse2004
1/10/2006 9:55:38 AM
novell.support.imanager 4438 articles. 1 followers. Follow

> If I go to Configure->iManager Configuration->Modules I see a lot of
> modules listed:

Whoops, forgot to mention, they are shown in the 'unassigned' view.

> Certificate Server, eDirectory Backup and Restre, eDirectory ICE,
> eDirectory Merge, eDirectory Repair and Logfile, eDirectory Service
> management, Forgotten Password, iManager, Index, LDAP, Monitor, NBM
> Firewall, NBM VPN, NMAS Login, NMAS Plug-ins, Novell DirXML Activation,
> Novell DirXML Application Driver, Novell DirXML Common, Novell DirXML
> Configuration, Novell DirXML Dataflow, Novell DirXML Driver, Novell
> DirXML Filter, Novell DirXML Information, Novell DirXML Rules, Novell
> DirXML Script, Npvell eDirectory Report and Notification Service
> Configuration, Novell Filtered Replica, Novell iManager NotfCOnfig,
> Novell iManager PWSync, Novell NSure, Novell Password Policy, Novell
Unix
> Profile, Novell User Profile, Platform Administration, Role-ased
> Entitlements, SNM Management, WAN Traffic.

0
fribse2004
1/10/2006 10:00:30 AM
Very strange, I went and reinstalled the DirXML plugin, then did an upgrade
of the collection et voila, it all reappeared, jeez, I hate iManager :-(

/Fribse

> > If I go to Configure->iManager Configuration->Modules I see a lot of
> > modules listed:
>
> Whoops, forgot to mention, they are shown in the 'unassigned' view.
>
> > Certificate Server, eDirectory Backup and Restre, eDirectory ICE,
> > eDirectory Merge, eDirectory Repair and Logfile, eDirectory Service
> > management, Forgotten Password, iManager, Index, LDAP, Monitor, NBM
> > Firewall, NBM VPN, NMAS Login, NMAS Plug-ins, Novell DirXML Activation,
> > Novell DirXML Application Driver, Novell DirXML Common, Novell DirXML
> > Configuration, Novell DirXML Dataflow, Novell DirXML Driver, Novell
> > DirXML Filter, Novell DirXML Information, Novell DirXML Rules, Novell
> > DirXML Script, Npvell eDirectory Report and Notification Service
> > Configuration, Novell Filtered Replica, Novell iManager NotfCOnfig,
> > Novell iManager PWSync, Novell NSure, Novell Password Policy, Novell
> Unix
> > Profile, Novell User Profile, Platform Administration, Role-ased
> > Entitlements, SNM Management, WAN Traffic.

0
fribse2004

''''''''''''''''''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''''

How to find/change the 'host' login name AND password, and the 'admin' name AND password...
Hey folks: I've seen this question asked a couple of times, but I've seen or am able to find an answer.  I am trying to find out *where* in the database the password is for anybody.  I have a weak memory, and what I've done pre-3.0 is just look at the Users table, to find out what I named the host/host and admin/admin logins and passwords. However, the password is no longer a column in that table.  And no where in the docs can I find a reference that states *WHERE* the passwords are stored, and how to view them.  Could someone help me out on this?  I *kn...

One of the iManager's doesn't have 'Module Installation' under Configure?
Well, I'm a bit 'confused', one of the servers' imanager doesn't have the Module Installation showing under Configure. What to do? NW6.5SP5upd1 -- /fribse Please ask this in the iManager forum, thanks. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. NetwareGuy wrote: >one of the servers' imanager doesn't have >the Module Installation showing under Configure. uninstall and r...

How to find a 'remembered' password that's not in saved passwords?
Went looking for the password to a message board I read: <http://www.allcoast.com/discussion/index.cfm> There are no entries for 'allcoast', or my username, for this site in saved passwords. When I visit, login/PW are remembered and I'm shown as 'logged in'. The username shows up for the other forums I read so I know I typed it correctly. Where else could Firefox be hiding the login info if not in saved passwords? (6.0.2 is all you'll get since the devs decided to remove the UA string from Help>About...) On 14.09.2011 12:04, clay wrote: ...

'''

DataSet doesn't support 'union' or 'list' as simpleType
Trying to read an xml schema from an xsd but I get this error:DataSet doesn't support 'union' or 'list' as simpleType The code is this:myDS = New DataSet() myDS.ReadXmlSchema(Fish4Schema)Fish4Schema is a var that points to a file based on this schema - http://www.fish4.co.uk/schema/FISH4IF-homesforsale-20.xsdAny ideas?  got round it   used xsd.exe and created a class reference from it and used that in my project...

IDM 'Forgot Password' email to 'homeEmailAddress'
How can I send the 'Forgot Password' (User Application Portal) email to User's 'homeEmailAddress' instead of default 'Internet E-mail address' in IDM 3.6.1? -- bappa_kumar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi, I don't think the Forgot Password Job can do this. Anyway, maybe that you can create your custom job to achieve this. 'Novell Documentation' (http://www.novell.com/documentation/idm36/idm_jobs/?page=/documentation/idm36/idm_jobs/data/front.html) Best regards, Alessandro bap...

How to display data in textbox with 'TextMode' = 'password'?
        hi all,  i am using 3 textboxes for user name,password and email id.The textmode property of the textbox for the password is set to true. On clicking the submit button,the password textbox is coming as empty so that i have to again enter the password. why this happens?can anybody suggest me a solution for that?                              Thanking you,         ...

Can't undo the 'do not store password' option
Name: Hiram Rosenberg Email: hiramdotratrebekahshilldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Can't undo the 'do not store password' option Comments: When I enter a login ID and password I am given the option to store the info, never store it or not store it now. Often it makes to choose the 'never' option because at the time that is the logical option. However it is reasonable that in some instances the logic behind that decision will change. But there is no way to undo the situation. I thought I was onto something when I went to the Exceptions area under Too...

Can't enter '@' in password form fields
Name: Kevin Email: muffyswathotmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Can't enter '@' in password form fields Comments: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-GB; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032619 Firefox/3.0b5 I can't enter the '@' character in passowrd input fields. Pressing Alt-G (@) has no effects on the aluminium usb apple keyboard! Apple Keyboard: Version: 0.69 Bus Power (mA): 100 Speed: Up to 1.5 Mb/sec Manufacturer: Apple, Inc Product ID: 0x0221 Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Computer, Inc.) Browser Details: Mozi...

Password Wizard 'Continue' Button
Can anyone tell me where i can find the 'image URL' property for the 'Continue' Button in the create password wizard - or if there is one or not. I've scoured the page(s) several times to no avail. If there isnt one then will someone please let me know, so I can abandon the search. Hi TheWacoKid Could you provide the standard name of a create password wizard control you mentioned? I guess it might be PasswordRecovery, CreateUserWizard, ChangePassword or some other control in VS 2005,Best RegardsXiaoYong DaiMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark a...

Web resources about - 'Password Management' isn't shown in iManager - Universal password needed - novell.support.imanager