User Management not dispalying users

When attempting to do an advanced search for users under User Management
in the iFolder Management web interface, I am unable to find any users to
configure.  The context has been set in the Global Settings.  The server
is running NW 6.5 SP5.

LDAP looks like it is configured correctly and I have it setup to use
ports 389 and 636 (went with defaults during the install).

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get the search
working?

Chris
0
Chris
7/21/2006 6:35:04 PM
novell.support.ifolder 4327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Chris,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
7/25/2006 9:56:36 PM
,
> Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get the search
> working?

LDAP Trace?

5. Turn on LDAP tracing on the LDAP Server Object
   (Screen options tab, check at least "connection" and "response")
6. LOAD DSTRACE. Turn off everything and turn on LDAP, then try to log
   in.

Note on 3:
1. LDAP Server Object, SSL/TLS Config Page
Untick "Require TLS for All Operations"
2. LDAP Group Object
Untick "Require TLS for simple binds with password"

Note on 6:
LOAD DSTRACE
DSTRACE -ALL
DSTRACE +LDAP
DSTRACE SCREEN ON
DSTRACE FILE On

The trace file is called DSTRACE.LOG and is in sys:system

For some helpful tips:
http://nscsysop.hypermart.net/ifolder.html
http://www.gordonross.org.uk/iFolder.html

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
7/26/2006 6:16:28 AM
> ,
> > Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get the search
> > working?
> >
> LDAP Trace?
>

> 5. Turn on LDAP tracing on the LDAP Server Object
>    (Screen options tab, check at least "connection" and "response")
> 6. LOAD DSTRACE. Turn off everything and turn on LDAP, then try to log
>    in.
>
> Note on 3:
> 1. LDAP Server Object, SSL/TLS Config Page
> Untick "Require TLS for All Operations"
> 2. LDAP Group Object
> Untick "Require TLS for simple binds with password"
>
> Note on 6:
> LOAD DSTRACE
> DSTRACE -ALL
> DSTRACE +LDAP
> DSTRACE SCREEN ON
> DSTRACE FILE On
>
> The trace file is called DSTRACE.LOG and is in sys:system
>
> For some helpful tips:
> http://nscsysop.hypermart.net/ifolder.html
> http://www.gordonross.org.uk/iFolder.html
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

Sorry about not responding sooner.  I found the problem, the account that
I used to do the installation did not have rights to the Root object to
make the iFolder_ServerAgent trustee assignment.

Chris
0
Chris