Peer 2 Peer

Hi, is there any quick guide about using P2P functionality in 3.8?, i've
been using unison between 2 hosts and worked well so far. Now I need to
sync 4 machines with the same data and I guess iFolder would do a better
job.

Regards,

--
ciriarte

ciriarte
1/26/2010 1:46:01 AM
novell.support.ifolder 4327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ciriarte,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

PEER-TO-PEER
Howdy Security minded people!!! Iwas wondering , How much Peer -to -peer file sharing can you NOT do with a GOOD firewall like ZONE alarm, TpF , and SYgate.????????? Does not a firewall BLOCK OFF the PORT 139 NETBIOS feature that is SO intrinsic to FILESHARING ?? ,ala GNUTELLA , GROKSTER ,IMESH ,KAZZA ????????????? sstu wrote: > Howdy Security minded people!!! Iwas wondering , How much Peer > -to -peer file sharing can you NOT do with a GOOD firewall like ZONE > alarm, TpF , and SYgate.????????? Does not a firewall BLOCK OFF the > PORT 139 NETBIOS feat...

peer to peer
Hi guys I don't have to reset my home peer to peer often so I have totally forgotten how to do it. I am running win98se with all the updates, thin Ethernet cable Ethernet cards in each machine. The computer tells me that the ports, irq, and mem address match between hardware and software, the workgroup names are the same. I can see the one computer name in nhood on each machine but not both names on each machine. I uninstalled ZAF and moved the IE6.0 beta INTRANET security to low. This was working yesterday I installed a new copy of Win98se on my wife's machine which hadn...

Peer to Peer
Hi, I am studying a new Peer2Peer project and I have some concerns that speed limit cannot be done. I mean. The software can show the download (or upload) is using n% ( n<30) of your bandwidth but in fact it's using all of it. If I get the project, I will use Delphi + Indy. But first I would like to know from you if you can control your bandwidth through a software? TIA, Clément Hi, You generally cant control the peak bandwidth use (unless you have the intention to hack the network card in use). You can however control the bandwidth use over time. You do th...

Peer 2 Peer News
naturalnews.com is looking for a program that will allow them to perform peer to peer news reports and communications. They have been searching all over an unable to find anything. Details below. http://www.naturalnews.com/035082_peer-to-peer_alternative_news_technology.html#ixzz1ndIoIR8T On 28-2-2012 22:02, Renee Keller wrote: > naturalnews.com is looking for a program that will allow them to perform > peer to peer news reports and communications. They have been searching all > over an unable to find anything. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribler Tribler ...

Peer to peer support for Oracle
I don't know where to get help with this Oracle startup problem. I'm now semi-retired and am a hobby programmer. I have no longer access to Metalink as I had when working. Up until now, I have used a HUAWEI dongle directly connected to my PC. First, the operating system and Oracle start up, then I connect to the internet using Huawei Mobile Partner. Any application can connect to Oracle and use it correctly. All OK. Now I have added a 3G router which is connected to the PC by ethernet cable and has the Huawei dongle connected to a USB port on the router. All works corr...

Ajax for peer 2 peer
Ajax is being used on a large scale for web development these days. But can it be used for peer 2 peer platform such as file sharing application? What technology are you intending to use for the p2p platform, and how do you want to use Ajax within that? Bear in mind that Ajax is primarily javascript, so your technology should be able to support that, and http. Please don't make the same mistake that thousands of others make, and try to cram in Ajax wherever you can, just because it seems to be "cool" at the moment.  I've seen too many otherwise good websites complete...

Peer 2 Peer
any new P2P software on the block?? i tried kazaa, edonkey, limewire, cutemx, morpheus, audiogalaxy, grokster and bearshare - any others which are worthed given a try?? -- Kryzhn Mail : dkriz2k at hotmail dot com MSN : dkriz2k Imici : kryzhn Message Posted Using Xnews - http://xnews.3dnews.net/release/xnews.zip Running a WinXp System which rocks!! "kryzhn" <dkriz2k@hotmail.com.DELETETHIS> wrote in message = news:Xns91E5ACB98CF34ctantionvolnetDELETE@207.71.92.194... >=20 > any new P2P software on the block?? >=20 > i tried kaza...

iFolder Peer to Peer in VPN Environment
Hi, is it possible to use the iFolder peer to peer mode in an vpn environment, because in the FAQ is mentioned that it only works within the loacal network? A customer of us (small compay with 2 different offices, each with 2 -3 computers) has no dedicated file server for iFolder installation. They are not realy working on the same projects and files but the data should be synchronized at least on a daily basis. I'm also wondering if it's possible to synchronize between two different iFolder servers, e.g. one in the further developement of the company in each office one -...

Peer to Peer Option
--____ADXKZADLVECJQHAJDWKJ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 20 Feb 2006 10:29:28 +0000" Hi, Does anyone know how to setup the iFolder 3.2 peer to peer option? on the = iFolder website (www.ifolder.com) it says it is contained in the source = downloads. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. Steve. --____ADXKZADLVECJQHAJDWKJ____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____SBDTGINQINGHZHNMBGVL____" --____SBDTGINQINGHZHNMBGVL____ ...

peer to peer programming
Hi, Does anyone know where I could find information about creating peer to peer applications in perl? (Like messengers that don't require a base server...) If it is possible to do it in perl, please tell me where I can find more about it if you know. Thank you. Octavian On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 20:45 +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know where I could find information about creating peer to peer > applications in perl? > (Like messengers that don't require a base server...) > > If it is possible to do it in perl, plea...

Peer to peer with XP
I'm back to my never ending network server dilemma... I last left off building a new server computer running W2Kpro and Metadot portal intranet server. It has been working well but not in active use, it's sitting on my bench running everything and backing itself up every night. Problem with Metadot is a) I cannot get direct file access to the HD. b) It's way more than we need. We basically just want to have access to shared MS access, word and excel docs on the server and be able to open them on any local PC. In the Win9x days this is what worked, but since the addi...

Ghost peer to peer
Sometimes we ghost image 1 machine from another (peer to peer). If I do this with ZCM, what must I do to the freshly imaged machine to have registration, etc. work correctly? -- willmw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ willmw, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or che...

Peer to Peer Issues
I have a small network operating behind a NAT router, OSs consist of XP home and Ubuntu Linux. On my NAT router I have tended to block all ports outbound and open up as required. In the UK many TV networks operate a Peer to Peer system to allow viewers to catch up on TV programs after the initial broadcast. What are the main security issues with this, I understand P2P as effectively allowing anyone access to my PC but assume this is Read Only and only a specific directory. To date I have tended to use the streaming service but quality is less than obtaining the entire p...

Hamachi
Having briefly read about the new Hamachi VPN system I am of the understanding that to initially make the connection I have to log on to the Hamaci server to get the IP addresses. Would this not only be necessary for dynamic IP addresses. Geoff Lane Geoff Lane wrote: > Having briefly read about the new Hamachi VPN system I am of the > understanding that to initially make the connection I have to log on > to the Hamaci server to get the IP addresses. > > Would this not only be necessary for dynamic IP addresses. > > Geoff Lane > I'm not sure...

Web resources about - Peer 2 Peer - novell.support.ifolder

Hereditary peer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Peers are called to the House of Lords with a writ of summons . A hereditary title is not necessarily a title of the peerage. For instance, ...

Sydney's Gen Y gloomier than peers in other global cities about finding jobs
Young people in Sydney are twice as likely as youth in other global cities to say their age made it hard to find work, according to new international ...

Apple might offer peer to peer money transfers
Apple is looking to add peer-to-peer money transfer to its Apple Pay service and hopes it might help it take off. According to a recent report ...

Mark Zuckerberg is following his peers: 6 of the 10 biggest U.S. donors made their fortunes in tech
... the world as Zuckerberg and Chan see it, rather than making profit for profit's sake. Zuckerberg is following a long tradition of his peers ...

The UK is beating the US in the peer-to-peer alternative lending market — here's why
The UK generated nearly $2.3 billion in peer-to-peer (P2P) loans in 2014, making its alternative lending market the largest in the world on a ...

Vernon Hills students join their Muslim peers in wearing hijabs
Seventeen non-Muslim girls at Vernon Hills High School wore traditional hijab head coverings Wednesday as part of an event designed to help students ...

Chimera Ransomware Uses Peer-to-Peer for Decryption
A recent ransomware operation uses an uncommon peer-to-peer system to collect data about users and distribute the important security keys to ...

How To Lead Former Peers After Being Promoted
The hardest part about promotion is learning the new habits that garner success.

Peers urge GM insects trial to curb pests
Government ‘has moral duty’ to test life-saving potential, says science committee

Peer Through the Smothering Haze of Titan to Admire Its Massive Seas of Dunes
Oh Titan, you are a beautiful, intriguing moon! Read more...