Host name and domain name

Hello,

I've installed NSBS 6.0 but during the install I didn't know what to
enter
for Host Name, Domain Name and Name Server. For the Server Name I
enrtered
my ISP's DNS server IP. For the Host name I entered "pmc.srv" which is
my
Netware server name and for the domain name I entered "pmc.com".
Now when I go to 192.168.0.1 I get the Welcome to Netware 6 page but
if I
click on "Open iFolder" to goes to
http://pmc_srv.pmc.com:52080/index.html
and "Cannot display page" comes up.

iFolder works through the desktop client but I need iFolder to work
from the
web browser.

Any directions?

Herb





0
Herb
1/8/2004 10:48:04 PM
novell.support.ifolder 4327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

28 Replies
554 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 40

Herb,
> I've installed NSBS 6.0 but during the install I didn't know what to
enter
> for Host Name, Domain Name and Name Server. For the Server Name I
enrtered
> my ISP's DNS server IP. For the Host name I entered "pmc.srv" which
is my
> Netware server name and for the domain name I entered "pmc.com".
> Now when I go to 192.168.0.1 I get the Welcome to Netware 6 page but
if I
> click on "Open iFolder" to goes to
http://pmc_srv.pmc.com:52080/index.html
> and "Cannot display page" comes up.
> 
> iFolder works through the desktop client but I need iFolder to work
from the
> web browser.
>

Try http://192.168.0.1:52080/index.html

Note that you cannot use DNS names like "pmc_srv.pmc.com" unless you
have 
registered those with your ISP or other DNS server.


- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/9/2004 9:39:19 AM
What should I enter during installation for Host Name and Domain Name?

I don't have any real domain names registered to my IP.
Do I enter my IP or my ISP's DNS ?

Herb

"AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
news:VA.00004592.00a7e40b@nomail.to.me...
> Herb,
> > I've installed NSBS 6.0 but during the install I didn't know what
to
enter
> > for Host Name, Domain Name and Name Server. For the Server Name I
enrtered
> > my ISP's DNS server IP. For the Host name I entered "pmc.srv"
which is
my
> > Netware server name and for the domain name I entered "pmc.com".
> > Now when I go to 192.168.0.1 I get the Welcome to Netware 6 page
but if
I
> > click on "Open iFolder" to goes to
http://pmc_srv.pmc.com:52080/index.html
> > and "Cannot display page" comes up.
> >
> > iFolder works through the desktop client but I need iFolder to
work from
the
> > web browser.
> >
>
> Try http://192.168.0.1:52080/index.html
>
> Note that you cannot use DNS names like "pmc_srv.pmc.com" unless you
have
> registered those with your ISP or other DNS server.
>
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195
>





0
Herb
1/9/2004 3:54:18 PM
Herb,
> What should I enter during installation for Host Name and Domain
Name?
> I don't have any real domain names registered to my IP.
> Do I enter my IP or my ISP's DNS ?

What you have entered is OK, but if you want to access anything using 

that domain name, you must either register those or put them in the 
HOSTS file of you local workstation, ie:

192.168.0.1 pmc_srv.pmc.com

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/9/2004 5:17:55 PM
I want to be able to type in http://IP:52080 in my browser and have it
go to
my iFolder from any machine anywhere.
Actually I would like to be able to go to http:IP and then click on
the
"Open iFolder" and login that way.
When I type in http://IP I get the Welcome to Netware 6 page but if I
click
on anything it changes to http://pmc_srv.pmc.com:portnumber

What would I type in during installation for host name and domain name
for
it to come out as http://IP:portnumber
Because in this case it appended the domain name to the host name then
added
the port number. So if I enter an IP for both it seems that it will
come out
as http://IP.IP:portnumber

Thanks

Herb


"AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
news:VA.00004596.006a0807@nomail.to.me...
> Herb,
> > What should I enter during installation for Host Name and Domain
Name?
> > I don't have any real domain names registered to my IP.
> > Do I enter my IP or my ISP's DNS ?
>
> What you have entered is OK, but if you want to access anything
using
> that domain name, you must either register those or put them in the
> HOSTS file of you local workstation, ie:
>
> 192.168.0.1 pmc_srv.pmc.com
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195
>





0
Herb
1/9/2004 5:36:35 PM
Herb,
> I want to be able to type in http://IP:52080 in my browser and have
it go to
> my iFolder from any machine anywhere.
> Actually I would like to be able to go to http:IP and then click on
the
> "Open iFolder" and login that way.
> When I type in http://IP I get the Welcome to Netware 6 page but if
I click
> on anything it changes to http://pmc_srv.pmc.com:portnumber
>
OK. That is because it has embedded that name you entered all over the
place. 
You need to change all those.

Am I right in assuming that the individual services are all up, but
the index 
page is wrong? You can easily check by copying the individual link
addresses 
and changing the DNS name to the IP address.

Have a peek at: SYS:apache\nwdocs\nav.html 

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/9/2004 5:47:19 PM
Yes the services are up and work fine from the server but not the
workstations.
If I go to 192.168.0.2 I get the nav screen but if I click on anything
I
receive a "page cannot be displayed" error and it's looking for
http://hostname.domainname:portnumber not http://IP:portnumber.

So I can use iFolder from the Netware Remote Manager only.
What's my next step? What should I have setup for DNS, etc. and is
this done
during install or after?

Thanks

Herb


"AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
news:VA.0000459b.0084f57f@nomail.to.me...
> Herb,
> > I want to be able to type in http://IP:52080 in my browser and
have it
go to
> > my iFolder from any machine anywhere.
> > Actually I would like to be able to go to http:IP and then click
on the
> > "Open iFolder" and login that way.
> > When I type in http://IP I get the Welcome to Netware 6 page but
if I
click
> > on anything it changes to http://pmc_srv.pmc.com:portnumber
> >
> OK. That is because it has embedded that name you entered all over
the
place.
> You need to change all those.
>
> Am I right in assuming that the individual services are all up, but
the
index
> page is wrong? You can easily check by copying the individual link
addresses
> and changing the DNS name to the IP address.
>
> Have a peek at: SYS:apache\nwdocs\nav.html
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195
>





0
Herb
1/9/2004 7:28:01 PM
Herb,
> If I go to 192.168.0.2 I get the nav screen but if I click on
anything I
> receive a "page cannot be displayed" error and it's looking for
> http://hostname.domainname:portnumber not http://IP:portnumber.
>
That is because the links in nav.htm are wrong.

Please edit:
SYS:apache\nwdocs\nav.html 

And put in the correct links.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/9/2004 7:38:35 PM
OK I fixed the links but when I try to connect to my iFolder the right
hand
side of my page still displays "Action Cancelled". The URL stays
http://192.168.0.2:52080/index.html

Thanks

Herb


"AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
news:VA.000045a4.00ead0f6@nomail.to.me...
> Herb,
> > If I go to 192.168.0.2 I get the nav screen but if I click on
anything I
> > receive a "page cannot be displayed" error and it's looking for
> > http://hostname.domainname:portnumber not http://IP:portnumber.
> >
> That is because the links in nav.htm are wrong.
>
> Please edit:
> SYS:apache\nwdocs\nav.html
>
> And put in the correct links.
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195
>





0
Herb
1/9/2004 7:54:02 PM
Herb,
> OK I fixed the links but when I try to connect to my iFolder the
right hand
> side of my page still displays "Action Cancelled". The URL stays
> http://192.168.0.2:52080/index.html
>
OK. Can you connect via the iFolder client?

Is iFolder loaded?

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/9/2004 8:00:21 PM
Yes iFolder using the desktop client has always worked fine and if I
enter
http://192.168.0.2:52080 in the Netware Remote Manager from the server
it
also functions.

Herb


"AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
news:VA.000045a9.00febe47@nomail.to.me...
> Herb,
> > OK I fixed the links but when I try to connect to my iFolder the
right
hand
> > side of my page still displays "Action Cancelled". The URL stays
> > http://192.168.0.2:52080/index.html
> >
> OK. Can you connect via the iFolder client?
>
> Is iFolder loaded?
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195
>





0
Herb
1/9/2004 8:06:01 PM
Herb,
> Yes iFolder using the desktop client has always worked fine and if I
enter
> http://192.168.0.2:52080 in the Netware Remote Manager from the
server it
> also functions.
>
OK. So ifOlder is running, but you cannot access the web interface for

iFolder. 

I am a bit puzzled whan you say "if I enter
http://192.168.0.2:52080 in the Netware Remote Manager from the server
it
also functions."

When does it *not* function?


- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/9/2004 8:17:27 PM
What I mean my "not functioning" is I cannot connect to iFolder or any
other
Novell web feature from a desktop.
 I can access these same web features, such as iFolder, by going to
the
server, bringing up Netware Remote Manager (at the server) and
entering
http://192.168.0.2:52080 .
From the server web browser I can access my files. From my workstation
web
browser I cannot.

Thanks

Herb



"AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
news:VA.000045ac.010e63ce@nomail.to.me...
> Herb,
> > Yes iFolder using the desktop client has always worked fine and if
I
enter
> > http://192.168.0.2:52080 in the Netware Remote Manager from the
server
it
> > also functions.
> >
> OK. So ifOlder is running, but you cannot access the web interface
for
> iFolder.
>
> I am a bit puzzled whan you say "if I enter
> http://192.168.0.2:52080 in the Netware Remote Manager from the
server it
> also functions."
>
> When does it *not* function?
>
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195
>





0
Herb
1/9/2004 8:32:42 PM
Herb,
> What I mean my "not functioning" is I cannot connect to iFolder or
any other
> Novell web feature from a desktop.
>  I can access these same web features, such as iFolder, by going to
the
> server, bringing up Netware Remote Manager (at the server) and
entering
> http://192.168.0.2:52080 .
> From the server web browser I can access my files. From my
workstation web
> browser I cannot.
>
Yes, and i assume that is because nav.htm has pmc_srv.pmc.com in it.
That 
entry is also in the HOSTS file on the server. Could you just try
this:

On your PC locate the file HOSTS. It may not exist in which case you
use 
HOSTS.SAM and copy it to HOSTS.

Add one line to that file 
192.168.0.1 pmc_srv.pmc.com

Reboot the PC. Does it work then?

I may not be here to answer you for a while as it is way past my
bedtime, but 
I will reply tomorrow.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/9/2004 8:38:53 PM
Now instead of saying "Action Cancelled" it will ask if I want to
accept a
certificate but instead of continuing to my iFolder I get a blank
white
screen with a little red "X" in the top left corner. Looks like my
browser
is missing something in order to be able to show iFolder. I have
WIndows XP
Pro SP1, IE 6.0.

Herb



"AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
news:VA.000045b1.012202b1@nomail.to.me...
> Herb,
> > What I mean my "not functioning" is I cannot connect to iFolder or
any
other
> > Novell web feature from a desktop.
> >  I can access these same web features, such as iFolder, by going
to the
> > server, bringing up Netware Remote Manager (at the server) and
entering
> > http://192.168.0.2:52080 .
> > From the server web browser I can access my files. From my
workstation
web
> > browser I cannot.
> >
> Yes, and i assume that is because nav.htm has pmc_srv.pmc.com in it.
That
> entry is also in the HOSTS file on the server. Could you just try
this:
>
> On your PC locate the file HOSTS. It may not exist in which case you
use
> HOSTS.SAM and copy it to HOSTS.
>
> Add one line to that file
> 192.168.0.1 pmc_srv.pmc.com
>
> Reboot the PC. Does it work then?
>
> I may not be here to answer you for a while as it is way past my
bedtime,
but
> I will reply tomorrow.
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195
>





0
Herb
1/9/2004 9:21:10 PM
Herb,
> Looks like my browser
> is missing something in order to be able to show iFolder. I have
WIndows XP
> Pro SP1, IE 6.0.

How about Java ;) The ifolder applet is a java applet. You need to
install a 
JVM on that PC. MS ships Xp without Java.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/10/2004 2:29:10 PM
Progress
I installed Java and it works on my PC.
I also need it to work on my Mac OS X 10.2.
On my Mac the Nav pages come up and I can log into everything except
iFolder
"login".
I can log into "manage iFolder" and I can see my iFolder files if I
log into
NetStorage but I can 't use "Access Your File", "Login".   I receive
an
error "The specified server could not be found"

Herb


"AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
news:VA.000045b3.04f5f0db@nomail.to.me...
> Herb,
> > Looks like my browser
> > is missing something in order to be able to show iFolder. I have
WIndows
XP
> > Pro SP1, IE 6.0.
>
> How about Java ;) The ifolder applet is a java applet. You need to
install
a
> JVM on that PC. MS ships Xp without Java.
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195
>





0
Herb
1/10/2004 3:45:37 PM
Herb,
> I installed Java and it works on my PC.
> I also need it to work on my Mac OS X 10.2.
> On my Mac the Nav pages come up and I can log into everything except
iFolder
> "login".
> I can log into "manage iFolder" and I can see my iFolder files if I
log into
> NetStorage but I can 't use "Access Your File", "Login".   I receive
an
> error "The specified server could not be found"

OK. Let me check with Novell on this. IIRC are there some IE
dependencies in 
the current ifolder implementation, but I assume those are being
adressed as 
there is a client for iFolder on Linux in the works.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/10/2004 4:06:05 PM
I removed the line "192.168.0.2  pmchost.pmc" form the hosts file on
my
desktop just to see if it was required now that I have Java working,
and it
does not work.
I don't want to have to enter info in every systems hosts file.
What should I have entered for host and domain name during install to
have
the IP and not the hsotname.domainname:portnumber come up in iFolder?

Thanks

Herb


"Herb" <herbd@proactivemedia.ca> wrote in message
news:B6VLb.10890$VM1.3101@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Progress
> I installed Java and it works on my PC.
> I also need it to work on my Mac OS X 10.2.
> On my Mac the Nav pages come up and I can log into everything except

iFolder
> "login".
> I can log into "manage iFolder" and I can see my iFolder files if I
log
into
> NetStorage but I can 't use "Access Your File", "Login".   I receive
an
> error "The specified server could not be found"
>
> Herb
>
>
> "AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
> news:VA.000045b3.04f5f0db@nomail.to.me...
> > Herb,
> > > Looks like my browser
> > > is missing something in order to be able to show iFolder. I have

WIndows
> XP
> > > Pro SP1, IE 6.0.
> >
> > How about Java ;) The ifolder applet is a java applet. You need to

install
> a
> > JVM on that PC. MS ships Xp without Java.
> >
> > - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
> >   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
> >   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
> >   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195
> >
>
>





0
Herb
1/10/2004 4:08:54 PM
I changed an html doc, "pmchost.pmc to 192.168.0.2" and Mac OS 9 can
connect
to iFodler webaccess but not Mac OS X.
In Mac OS X it the security certificate stuff comes up but then I get
"java.lang.ClassNotFoundExcepttion: NIDApplet.class" where the java
screen
should be.

Herb



"Herb" <herbd@proactivemedia.ca> wrote in message
news:B6VLb.10890$VM1.3101@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Progress
> I installed Java and it works on my PC.
> I also need it to work on my Mac OS X 10.2.
> On my Mac the Nav pages come up and I can log into everything except

iFolder
> "login".
> I can log into "manage iFolder" and I can see my iFolder files if I
log
into
> NetStorage but I can 't use "Access Your File", "Login".   I receive
an
> error "The specified server could not be found"
>
> Herb
>
>
> "AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
> news:VA.000045b3.04f5f0db@nomail.to.me...
> > Herb,
> > > Looks like my browser
> > > is missing something in order to be able to show iFolder. I have

WIndows
> XP
> > > Pro SP1, IE 6.0.
> >
> > How about Java ;) The ifolder applet is a java applet. You need to

install
> a
> > JVM on that PC. MS ships Xp without Java.
> >
> > - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
> >   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
> >   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
> >   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195
> >
>
>





0
Herb
1/10/2004 6:11:19 PM
Herb,
> I changed an html doc, "pmchost.pmc to 192.168.0.2" and Mac OS 9 can
connect
> to iFodler webaccess but not Mac OS X.
> In Mac OS X it the security certificate stuff comes up but then I
get
> "java.lang.ClassNotFoundExcepttion: NIDApplet.class" where the java
screen
> should be.
>
Let me tack that on to the info I already have sent to Novell.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/10/2004 6:47:08 PM
Herb,
> What should I have entered for host and domain name during install
to have
> the IP and not the hsotname.domainname:portnumber come up in
iFolder?
>
You should have entered the IP.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/10/2004 6:47:09 PM
Herb,
> I changed an html doc, "pmchost.pmc to 192.168.0.2" and Mac OS 9 can
connect
> to iFodler webaccess but not Mac OS X.
>

Apparently does Mac 10 has problems with some https sites

What browser and what jvm  are you using?

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/12/2004 7:03:50 PM
I have all the updates from Apple done.

So I have Mac OS X 10.2.8 , Internet Explorer 5.2 and Java 1.4.1

I have two dev servers that I'm working with and one of them when I
try
http://192.168.0.2 the page does not load. Other times, in the past, I
have
seen the index_Apache.html page come up instead of the "Welcome to
Netware"
page.

When this happens, how do I set the "welcome to Netware" page to load
on
http://192.168.0.2 ?

If I enter the port number 2200, 8009, etc the pages load great.

Thanks

Herb



"AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
news:VA.000045d0.003ebf91@nomail.to.me...
> Herb,
> > I changed an html doc, "pmchost.pmc to 192.168.0.2" and Mac OS 9
can
connect
> > to iFodler webaccess but not Mac OS X.
> >
>
> Apparently does Mac 10 has problems with some https sites
>
> What browser and what jvm  are you using?
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195
>





0
Herb
1/12/2004 7:48:33 PM
Herb,
> So I have Mac OS X 10.2.8 , Internet Explorer 5.2 and Java 1.4.1

OK.

> I have two dev servers that I'm working with and one of them when I
try
> http://192.168.0.2 the page does not load. Other times, in the past,
I have
> seen the index_Apache.html page come up instead of the "Welcome to
Netware"
> page.
> 
> When this happens, how do I set the "welcome to Netware" page to
load on
> http://192.168.0.2 ?

By default, the admin server also listens on port 80. So in that
scenario, 
index.html present in whatever DocumentRoot in adminserv.conf will be 

displayed.


- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/12/2004 7:59:39 PM
In my adminserv.conf I have                DocumentRoot
"sys:/apache/nwdocs"
and that's were the index.html file that I want to use is located.

# Start Apache Services Port Configuration
Port 80
Listen 192.168.0.2:80
<IfModule mod_tls.c>
    SecureListen 192.168.0.2:443 "SSL CertificateDNS"
</IfModule>
# End Apache Services Port Configuration

DocumentRoot "sys:/apache/nwdocs"
<Directory "/">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    deny from all
</Directory>

<Directory "sys:/apache/nwdocs">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all
</Directory>

DirectoryIndex index.html
AccessFileName .htaccess
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
</Files>

I can't get http://192.168.0.2  to display a screen and
https://192.168.0.2:2200 does not come up either.
What else can I look at?

Herb


"AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
news:VA.000045d9.0071d8b8@nomail.to.me...
> Herb,
> > So I have Mac OS X 10.2.8 , Internet Explorer 5.2 and Java 1.4.1
>
> OK.
>
> > I have two dev servers that I'm working with and one of them when
I try
> > http://192.168.0.2 the page does not load. Other times, in the
past, I
have
> > seen the index_Apache.html page come up instead of the "Welcome to

Netware"
> > page.
> >
> > When this happens, how do I set the "welcome to Netware" page to
load on
> > http://192.168.0.2 ?
>
> By default, the admin server also listens on port 80. So in that
scenario,
> index.html present in whatever DocumentRoot in adminserv.conf will
be
> displayed.
>
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195
>





0
Herb
1/12/2004 9:58:26 PM
Herb,
> In my adminserv.conf I have                DocumentRoot
"sys:/apache/nwdocs"
> and that's were the index.html file that I want to use is located.
>
Then you should get that. Does it make a difference if you stop
ifolder and 
test?

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/13/2004 7:10:53 AM
The problem was some cleanupndns : ..... hangup. I struck a key and it

continued.
Now my page come up fine in my office.

I tried to do all of this from the outside world, at home, and found
that I
can browse the "Welcome to Netware and the other web pages but if I
click to
log into iFolder, iManager, etc, I cannot.
The URL changes from 24.222.X.X to my internal 192.168.0.X IP and does
not
load the iFolder page.
I understand that in my html scripts I have the 192.168.0.X IP's but
how do
I make all of this available to the outside web?
I currently have one NIC plugged into a Router, plugged into a cable
internet connection.
External IP 24.222.X.X and my internal is 192.168.0.X
Do I have to have two NIC's?

Thanks

Herb


"AndersG" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
news:VA.000045df.001a4234@nomail.to.me...
> Herb,
> > In my adminserv.conf I have                DocumentRoot
"sys:/apache/nwdocs"
> > and that's were the index.html file that I want to use is located.

> >
> Then you should get that. Does it make a difference if you stop
ifolder
and
> test?
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>   Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195
>





0
Herb
1/13/2004 5:01:54 PM
Herb,
> The URL changes from 24.222.X.X to my internal 192.168.0.X IP and
does not
> load the iFolder page.
> I understand that in my html scripts I have the 192.168.0.X IP's but
how do
> I make all of this available to the outside web?
> I currently have one NIC plugged into a Router, plugged into a cable

> internet connection.
> External IP 24.222.X.X and my internal is 192.168.0.X
> Do I have to have two NIC's?

That is because you have the IP address there and not a domain name.
Had it 
been something like ifolder.yourdomain.com, then you could have set up
DNS so 
that the address "ifolder.yourdomain.com" resolves to one address
internally 
and another externally. There are two ways around this, what I just
said and 
the other is editing the webpage so that you have *two* links. Ie:

iFolder (internal)
iFolder (external)

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com)
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
  Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195




0
AndersG
1/13/2004 5:58:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Host name Domain Name
When setting up a server I am asked for the Hostname.Domain name. If I want change the domain name at a later time to something else where can I do that? As always, thanks Coy Coy, > When setting up a server I am asked for the Hostname.Domain name. If I > want change the domain name at a later time to something else where can I > do that? The places that come to mind off hand are sys:etc\hosts , sys:etc\hostname , sys:etc\resolv.cfg , and in the DNS certificate. Of course, depending on the other applications installed there will be other locations - eg fo...

how to change the Host Name Domain Name
Due to a poor initial planning I would like to change the Server host Name/Domain Name so I can do a DNS resolve. How can I do that whitout having to reinstall the OS. Thanks SYS:ETC\RESOLV.CFG is the file you need. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Culture name 'fr_fr' is not supported. Parameter name: name
Hello, In my web application, I don't use localization. Howerver, sometime I have this message : Culture name 'fr_fr' is not supported. Parameter name: name Pile : at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(String name) at Microsoft.Web.Globalization.AtlasCultureInfo.Create(String cultureName) at Microsoft.Web.Globalization.GlobalizationHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSync...

Culture name 'en_us' is not supported. Parameter name: name
I keep getting this error on my site.  Any advice on how to fix this issue?  I'm using the June CTP. Error in: http://www.mysite.com/atlasglob.axd Error Message: Culture name 'en_us' is not supported. Parameter name: name Referring Page: http://www.mysite.com/content/support/FAQ.aspx Stack Trace: at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(String name) at Microsoft.Web.Globalization.AtlasCultureInfo.Create(String cultureName) at Microsoft.Web.Globalization.GlobalizationHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.Call...

Tree name and domain name
I would like to implement CIFS in a domain mode. NW6 sp3 . Any problems with the NT4 domain name and the NW tree or .O being the same name. Server name is unique Thanks in advance, Chris In article <oScQa.12882$2k7.11132@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Chris wrote: > Any problems with the NT4 domain name and the NW tree or .O being the same > name. Server name is unique > None that I've heard of, but I have not tried it. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp www.InsightNetSolutions.net Personally, I would avoid making the Domain name the same as the ...

tree name and domain name
Can the NDS Tree name and a Domain name be the same? I want to rename the tree, but the domain has the name I want to use. Russell, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com. - You could also try posting your message a...

Domain name forwarding
HiI have written a portal content management system, so that different users have different sites such as:www.portalsite.com/default.aspx?SiteID=1www.portalsite.com/default.aspx?SiteID=2       etc. I have managed to URL rewrite, in the global.asax, to give friendly URLs such as:www.portalsite.com/user01www.portalsite.com/user02 However some users have their own registered domain names which they can forward to their portal site.  For example a user may have 'www.mydomainname.com' (hosted with another ISP) which they forward to point to their portal address ...

Localization error: Culture name 'auto' is not supported. Parameter name: name
 Hello, Well i am making a multi language website where users can pick there languageeverything worked fine , but then this error popped upCulture name 'auto' is not supported. Parameter name: namei had this before , but then after a while it stopped giving the errorhere is my code that gets the error 1 Protected Overrides Sub InitializeCulture() 2 Dim lang As String = Profile.LanguagePreference 3 4 If lang IsNot Nothing Or lang <> "" Then 5 Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = New CultureInfo(lang)...

Bug?: Domain Name= app name
Hi i believe i have a found a bug and want feedback If your application has the same name as the internet domain (eg www.my-domain.com) the registration of a included HTTPmodules failes under condition that a minus is in the domain name Visual Studio makes as root namespace www.my_domain.com so registration in web.config should be <add name="httpModule1" type="www.my_domain.com.httpModule1, www.my-domain.com" /> i am wrong? -Hanneshttp://www.preishuber.net http://weblogs.asp.net/hpreishuber...

ipaddress, machine name, domain name
I need c# code to determine my ipaddress, machine name, domain name Hi, the System.Net.Dns class contains methods to perform address resolving operations. For example, GetHostName() returns the name of the local computer and Resolve() performs a DNS query on a given host name. Some of these methods return a IPHostEntry object, that holds a list of IPAddress objects.Alessandro Gallo | Blog | My book: ASP.NET AJAX In Action...

NT Domain Name or Server Name
Under Novell it is possible to get the server name through an API call. Is it possible to do the same under Windows NT to get the Windows NT server name or domain name? Ed :~> ...

host/domain name
HiIs there any difference between Request.url.host and request.servervariables["host_name"]?Do they both return same values in every circumstances?Finally, If there is any difference between them, which one should I use to build a url in my application?  Hi, Both are same you can use any oneSatalajWatch The true story of internet ||Yet another forum |||I'm big fan of Open source flash chart for .net very very simple I n t e r v i e w T i p s ...

Host Name.Domain
I am setting up a new server to add to my network and I need help answering this question. The new server is going to be off site, at a new location. My main server here is UMCHS_SVR1. This is going to be UMCHS_SVR3. During set up (after I put in the IP info), I am being asked for DNS information which I assume will be the Primary and Secondary DNS info for the ISP that is providing Internet Access out at the site. My question is, for host name I assume I'll put in UMCHS_SVR3. Is that correct? What do I put in the domain field? My main server resolves to mail.mycompany.com,...

host name domain
When I have installed novell 6 , I had to insert the host name domain with relative ip address. This "host name domanin" is into resolv.cfg. Is it correct? BUT what can "host name domain" be used for? This name must correspond at the name of the zone that it must be created to manage hosts? Must be exist a relationship between "host name domanin" and the zones of the DNS? thanks Regards, Monica is@chiavazza.com wrote: > BUT what can "host name domain" be used for? For example, whenever some server-based software asks for ...

Web resources about - Host name and domain name - novell.support.ifolder

The Domain, Sydney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , New South Wales , Australia . It is located on the eastern edge of the Sydney central business district , near Woolloomooloo . The Domain ...

Carols in the Domain: families, Santas swelter as tens of thousands pour in to city to raise Christmas ...
Val Shaw and Lisa Cager started staking out their spot under a big Moreton Bay fig for the Carols in the Domain about eight years ago.

AC/DC make Perth stadium their rock domain
From Kelmscott to Karrinyup and onto Clarkson, the people of Perth are hyper-aware whenever legendary rock group AC/DC comes to town.

ACDC make Perth stadium their rock domain
From Kelmscott to Karrinyup and onto Clarkson, the people of Perth are hyper-aware whenever legendary rock group ACDC comes to town.

Dot-Sucks Domain Name Not Our Problem, Ottawa Says 2
The Canadian government has washed its hands of the "dot-sucks" controversy, as the new internet domain name begins to take root beside the more ...

One of The Pirate Bay's domains was taken offline after it missed an important email
The Pirate Bay's .org domain has been taken offline after the piracy site failed to respond to a verification email confirming it stills wants ...

Watch Josh Groban & James Corden Sing Public Domain Songs on 'Late Late Show'
The “Public Domain Song Concert Palooza” is not the next Bonaroo. Instead, it’s a soon-to-be fixture on the 'Late Late Show With James Corden' ...

Settlement Means “Happy Birthday” Song Will Finally Enter Public Domain
... Angeles that they’d agreed to a settlement, which, if approved, will put the case to bed, and allow the song to formally enter the public domain. ...

5 of the Best Tools to Track and Measure Your Domain’s Social Impact
5 of the Best Tools to Track and Measure Your Domain’s Social Impact written by Guest Post read more at Duct Tape Marketing Photo Credit: Unsplash, ...

An Animated Adam Conover Explains How Mickey Mouse and Disney Destroyed Public Domain Laws in the United ...
An animated Adam Conover explains how Mickey Mouse and Disney destroyed public domain laws in the United States by lobbying Congress to extend ...

Resources last updated: 12/24/2015 6:08:32 PM