cannot upload files through the web browser

Has anyone ever run into the problem of not being able to upload files to
ifolder through the web browser, for me it just says uploading file but
never does...please help!!

0
Phil
7/25/2005 4:51:35 PM
novell.support.ifolder 4327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Phil DeShazer wrote:

> Has anyone ever run into the problem of not being able to upload files to
> ifolder through the web browser, for me it just says uploading file but
> never does...please help!!

Which iFolder version, which OS on server & client, which browser?
--
Bert Plat / bert @my-real-box.com -or- skype bertplat (txt only)
"It must be hard for Christian Fundamentalists to find a computer they

0
Bert
7/25/2005 6:41:49 PM
Ifolder 2.1 nw65sp3 and IE 6
0
Phil
7/25/2005 7:39:19 PM
Phil DeShazer wrote:

> Ifolder 2.1 nw65sp3 and IE 6
And, I assume, Windows XP on the client?

I assume your uploading the file using the standard iFolder web interface,
i.e. server.domain.com/iFolder ? Please note that this uses the iFolder
Java Applet, which is no longer supported by Novell. Instead, Novell
recommends using NetStorage.
If you'd rather use the Java Applet, it requires Sun JRE versions 1.3.1 --
1.4.1_02. For more information, see
http://www.novell.com/documentation/ifolder21/readme/data/afjp0we.html#boti9jv

Hope this helps!

--
Bert Plat / bert @my-real-box.com -or- skype bertplat (txt only)
"It must be hard for Christian Fundamentalists to find a computer they
believe in: Macs are based on Darwin, and Microsoft doesn't believe in
Intelligent Design" -- Dr Strabismus on www.emaildiscussions.com

0
Bert

how to upload a massive file(such as 1GMB) file using web browser ?thank you!
the control provided by asp.net only upload a small file,i want to use it to upload a massive file. set your timeout (for that page) to an insane number... like 5 days or something.Josh Withrowhttp://www.LuckyDogDigital.comhttp://Blog.LuckyDogDigital.com Hi hu58, My blog might give some info to you: http://weblogs.asp.net/coltk/archive/2004/02/06/FleskUploader.aspx Regards, ^-^...

How to File Upload and Download file ( .doc/.pdf/.gif/.exl) from server web browser C#

File Upload control, file loads in VS2008 and server browser, file fails load from client browser across LAN
Win2008 Standard with IIS7.0. VS2008 website project with grid and upload control in form template.  File upload control loads image file to database blob column for display by grid. Using Windows authentication for an intranet application. Image file uploads to the database blob without errors in VS2008 test environment and from the Win2008 server IE7 browser. Image file does not upload (falls through to CATCH for file not loaded) when file is selected from client IE7browser on LAN or WAN. I suspect the problem is then with security setup of IIS 7.0 and/or web.config. Unable to f...

Help!!! How to support Browser Independant File Uploading?
Hi,    I m doing a file uploading program. I want to make it browser independant.     If client m/c is using other than Microsoft' IE, then some problem may arise. I can check for Client m/c's browser by using Javascript.      But in case if that browser is not supporting my file uploading program, then how should i get a copy of the required file in order to send it(upload) on server....

iFolder. How to sort iFolder folders and files in the iFolder WEB login
How to sort iFolder WEB login? I like iFolder a lot, but the not sorting files and folders in the WEB login is really bad. I can't give my users the WEB function displaying files and folders not sorted. What settings or file versions can correct this? Thanks Bill bcramer@co.palm-beach.fl.us wrote: > How to sort iFolder WEB login? I like iFolder a lot, but the not sorting > files and folders in the WEB login is really bad. I can't give my users > the WEB function displaying files and folders not sorted. What settings or > file versions can correct this? &g...

Can not accessing iFolder files using web browser
Hi, When accessing iFolder files using web browser, many machines(Not all of them) in our company display gray framework interface in browser, nothing occuring further, and the login form can not appear. We download and update the workstations' JRE version to 1.4.3, but found that one error 'The Java virtual machine already running' occured, and the problem is still there. :( Could any guy know what the reason is? How to resolve the problem for general end user? Our Environment as below: Server OS: Netware 6 + sp2 iFolder server: version 2.1 Workstation OS: win...

FTP file upload between client browser and Web server
does anyone know if there is a way to let user to upload file from their browser to the web server via ftp method but not http upload?I searched the forum and the web. It seems FtpWebRequest only upload file from web server to ftp server. because it creates request by file location like: WebRequest.Create(CompleteFTPPath). or  StreamReader sourceStream = new StreamReader("testfile.txt"); anyone got any idea? Hi, Please follow this sample, good luck! How to Upload File using FTP in ASP.Net 2.0 Other more: ASP.Net Project FTP Upload Utility ThanksPlease give us feedback no...

Web browser support for Web Part
Web browser support for Web Part Firefox 1.5 & Maxthon not work  with WebPart what can i do ????   Some WebParts features are only supported on IE, like drag & drop and the verbs menu.  However, a WebParts page is fully usable in other browsers like FireFox. -Mikehttp://blogs.msdn.com/mharderThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Web Matrix Files Uploaded to a Web Site
Once a Web Matrix project file is complete, I would like to upload and run it from a live web site. What issues will I have with the "wmx" tag and MxDataGrid? To allow the page to find the non-framewrork included controls you'll need to add the DLL that contains the control to the bin directory of your application. So if your webapp lives in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myapp create a c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myapp\bin directory and copy the DLL there. Then your web app using that control should be working. HTH JDThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no r...

Customizing File Browser on click of File Upload controls
hi, I have a FileUpload control provided by VS2005 in my application.On click of the "Browse" button, I get a file browser window. In the window, there is a "Files of Type" option where options like "All Files", ".doc" etc is listed. But i want to customize it to have only ".pdf" option. All the other options should be removed. How do i do it? Please help... You cant implement this using the default asp.net 2.0 file upload control. maybe this feature is provided in third party upload control. read the below link to check the file extension before you upload and then u can take the de...

Uploading files to a different file server but not web server
Hi, I want to upload files to a different file server than the web server using asp.net, is that possible?I can use Server.MapPath to store it on the same server. How do I save it to a different machine? What all I need? Do I need IP address? Do I need to have a shared folder on that machine? thank u for the help!!! There is only a few built in ways to get a file from one machine to another in windows.  Things like FTP, HTTP, or File Sharing - you are going to need a path to the server.  You cannot upload directly to that server.  You'll need to upload to your web s...

how to avoid same name file replacement when uploading a file in web?
 I used the following code to upload the file and its working properly.But if i upload same name files twice its replacing and both having different  content.How to solve this problem.I want to upload both files in to the same folder? f FileUpload1.HasFile Then            Try                Label1.Text = "Uploading File " + FileUpload1.FileName                FileU...

web.pb and file upload (using type=file)
Hello all. Has anyone successfully _processed_ a form with a "input type = file" based file upload via a web.pb function call? I certainly won't work by declaring an argument as a blob and accepting it that way...unless there is some post call processing I'm missing.. I'm pretty sure it is a multi-part data stream problem. Anyone have a function out there to accept the form? Thanks in advance!! I'll owe you one. -W -- William Rompala J.P. Morgan -- Lose the X before william in email address to send mail ...

file uploader save file on server and in database and upload this file on client
hi,i have a file uploader control user can attach files (.rar, .zip, etc) and store file folder and path in database. and another user can click of attach link and can download that file. how can i do this please solve out this problem. you can find your problem solution in this link and you can store the file name in your database server.http://www.aspnettutorials.com/tutorials/network/net-fileupload-aspnet2-csharp.aspxPlease Mark as Answred If This Blog has Helped You.RegardsMitesh Darjihttp://www.indianic.comhttp://www.mitatdotnet.blogspot.com As always there are many ways and which ...

Web resources about - cannot upload files through the web browser - novell.support.ifolder

Two-Thirds of Trump Fans Would Back Independent Run
Donald Trump continues to lead the GOP presidential field in national polls, but new figures indicate he could attract a lot of support even ...

Your new Apple TV finally works with the Remote app
Ask owners about their biggest gripes with the new Apple TV and they'll probably mention the text input. Given that the Remote app hasn't worked ...

Santa Claus To Receive Letters From Celebrities This Year, Including Moving Note From Benedict Cumberbatch ...
Every year millions of children around the world break out the paper and their crayons and pen letters to Santa Claus, asking for all manner ...

Officer Critically Injured in Denver Shooting
Police officer critically wounded in Denver shooting; suspects sought

Pixel C arrives at Google Store
Today, Google started selling its first homegrown tablet, Pixel C. You can buy one directly from the company—until they sell out! Google typically ...

Khloe Kardashian Shares ‘Fat Girl’ Comfort Food Recipe & Turns Lamar Odom Crisis Into Unexpected Resolution ...
Khloe Kardashian is ready to put 2015 behind her. The reality TV star has been multi-tasking mightily in recent months, ever since she learned ...

China rolls out WATER CANNON to take on Beijing smog
Beijing's pollution crisis appears to have spawned a new fashion trend with dozens of residents seen walking the smog-ridden streets wearing ...

Spotify has a new plan to fix its beef with Taylor Swift
Over the last year, Spotify has repeatedly gotten into high-profile spats with blockbuster artists based primarily on one policy: Spotify's unwillingness ...

Oscar Pistorius gets tagged after being granted bail for Reeva Steenkamp's murder
South African appeal judges last week found the Paralympian overturned his earlier conviction on the lesser charge of culpable homicide for shooting ...

You Won’t Believe What I Found in the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library Regarding Climate Change – I ...
By John Perlin I must warn you. The material I am about to describe would be forbidden by today’s Congress. Here’s how I came upon it. I traveled ...