MySQL ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server

I am having a time trying to resolve this issue. It appears to be a bug
with the version of MySQL that is included with SLES 11sp1 but support
told me they don't support it. Go figure so I thought I would see if
anyone on the boards have experienced this issue or could assist me with
the issue.

I am running SLES 11sp1 with mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.67, for
suse-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2. I have a test database,
vs_test, I am using to test out some basic SQL statements. I have found
when I run:
mysql> insert into `t1` (`d`)select * from `t1` on duplicate key update
`d`=default;
I always get the following error:
ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server during query

I have another SLES 11sp1 server running Oracle's MySQL Enterprise and
this query works fine and doesn't produce any errors.
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.46, for unknown-linux-gnu (x86_64) using
readline 5.1

I am trying to prevent having to purchase the Enteprise MySQL as the
Novell version of MySQL should work for what we are using but my DBA's
are trying to go the other way. I want to stick with the Novell version
to simplify administration and patch/update the system without worrying
about anything breaking and all that good stuff.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or has a suggestion on
how I can correct my problem without purchasing the Enterprise version
of MySQL from Oracle.

--
D8TA

D8TA
8/10/2010 1:36:02 PM
novell.sles.configure 3559 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Here is some additional information
Variable_name	Value	                    VMMYSQLDEV3
VMMYSQLDEV2
CONNECT_TIMEOUT	                                 10
10
INTERACTIVE_TIMEOUT	                                 28800
28800
WAIT_TIMEOUT	                                         28800
28800
NET_WRITE_TIMEOUT	                                  60
60
NET_READ_TIMEOUT	                                  30
30
MAX_CONNECT_ERRORS	                          10
10
MAX_ALLOWED_PACKET	                    1048576	              1048576

VMMYSQLDEV3 is running the Oracle Enterprise version of MySQL whereas
VMMYSQLDEV2 is running the version included with SLES 11sp1.

--
D8TA
D8TA's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=23132

0
D8TA
8/10/2010 1:36:02 PM
Installed a newer version from 'Index of
/distribution/11.2/repo/oss/suse'
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/11.2/standard) Not
certain why Novell hasn't upgraded MySQL to 5.1 version but this repo
has version mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.36, for suse-linux-gnu (x86_64)
using readline 6.0 which clears up my one issue.

--
D8TA
D8TA's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=23132
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=417965

0
D8TA
8/10/2010 5:06:03 PM
Have a new SQL statement with the same error using the version from
openSUSE 11.2. I see this error all over Google but no resolution.
Anyone know what I can do or try to maintain the connection which
appears to be happening?

mysql> select 1 from  `emp`,`dep` where `a` <=> (select 1 union select
2) into @`var0`;
ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server during query

--
D8TA
D8TA's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=23132
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=417965

0
D8TA
8/10/2010 8:06:03 PM
D8TA;2009150 Wrote:
> Have a new SQL statement with the same error using the version from
> openSUSE 11.2. I see this error all over Google but no resolution.
> Anyone know what I can do or try to maintain the connection which
> appears to be happening?
>
> mysql> select 1 from  `emp`,`dep` where `a` <=> (select 1 union select
> 2) into @`var0`;
> ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Updated to yet another version of MySQL from 'Index of
/repositories/server:/database/SLE_11/x86_64'
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/database/SLE_11/x86_64/)
using zypper ar 'Index of /repositories/server:/database/SLE_11/x86_64'
(http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/database/SLE_11/x86_64/)
Database

I really think Novell should either exclude these software packages or
include more up-to-date versions. All looks good now. Thanks again me.

--
D8TA
D8TA's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=23132
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=417965

0
D8TA

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.soc
2 day old install of 11.3; I installed MYSQL from yast2; 12 items relating to MYSQL are shown as installed; on a command line (as root) I get "ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.soc" when I type MYSQL. Another problem ; Apache is installed and running, but my install of PHP from Yast has been troubled, and very much unlike what I read here : "http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/595.html" ; a web page with phpinfo() shows nothing; do I have to do another manual config of LAMP ? If so wh...

ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Greetings all! I have this weird error "ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)" on my website that is supposed to connect to a MySQL database on a different server (NOT localhost). Here's the scenario: I develop my ASP.Net 2.0 website on my PC using this connection string for my ObjectDataSource: <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};server:localhost; database=MYDBASE;uid=MYUID;pwd=MYPWD" providerName="System.Data.Odbc" /> After testing and finding all pages working fine, I changed my co...

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
In my logs I keep getting error messages like this every few hours. The = wait_timout on mysql is 28800. =20 DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during = query Any ideas are appreciated. Bryan Tolka B. Tolka wrote: > In my logs I keep getting error messages like this every few hours. The wait_timout on mysql is 28800. > > DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query Are you using fork? Or system or exec? In other words, are two processes/threads trying to talk to the server on the same channel? I ru...

[MySQL] ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL...
Hello, I've downloaded and installed MySQL-client-5.1.53-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm. I'm rather new to linux so it might be I haven't started the server. Unfortunately I have no idea which file is responsible for that. It is also possible that my head isn't functioning correctly ( if at all ) since I haven't slept well so please don't eat me alive. Kill me at least. ;) Error I receive is: > ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket > '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) -- starach ------------------------------...

execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query(2013)
Hi, I have a perl script that uses DBI but it times out on queries that take over 30 seconds. The same query works fine if I issue it directly from the mysql client. I have included the program, the trace output from the program, the server variables and the table definition. There are approximately 8.5 million rows in this table. The computer is Windows 2000 and perl version is 5.8.3. The message printed when it times out is: execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query(2013). Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Rob perl script: ...

error
I just recently reinstalled MySQL-server-4.0.20-0.i386.rpm and now when I bring up my http://158.114.148.90/bugzilla/ page, I get the following error diplayed on the browser: Software error: Bugzilla is currently broken. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact long.p.nguyen@ngc.com. The error you should quote is: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) at globals.pl line 140. For help, please send mail to the webmaster (root@localhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error. What did I not do? ...

ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'work' (10050)
Hi  I am facing problems with connecting to MySQL, I am using the same settings as before and earlier I was able to connect. I formatted the machine and now am getting problems.The following is my connection string:<add key="ConnectionString" value="Driver={mySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=servername;Database=dbname;Uid=uid;Pwd=pwd;Option=3;" />and I receive the following error:ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'work' (10050) Please help me on this front. ThanksSandyLooking to check the time, goto http://whatisthe...

MySQL Community Server 5.1.54 on openSUSE 11.1 (SLES 11 sp1) Error 2003 /var/lib/mysql.sock
Yesterday MySQL stopped working on my server. I can't connect remotely, at the command line or locally. I've tried using localhost which returns the error can't create /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock I've tried using 127.0.0.1 which returns the error 2003 (Can't connect to MySQL server on 127.0.0.1 (111) I've tried installing MySQL 5.0.67 and removing MySQL Community Server. I've also tried updating to 5.1.30 and no matter what I do I can't establish a connection. When I check restart the server (sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart) The server shuts dow...

ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Hi, I've downloaded the following onemysql-5.1.31-win32 after having unzipped the zip file I then locate to this folder \mysql-noinstall-5.1.31-win32\mysql-5.1.31-win32\bin> But after I've typed 'mysql' to go, I got this issueERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)Many Thanks & Best Regards,HuaMin Chen(Mark it as answer if it does help you!)...

ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Hi,  I've downloaded the following onemysql-5.1.31-win32 after having unzipped the zip file I then locate to this folder \mysql-noinstall-5.1.31-win32\mysql-5.1.31-win32\bin> But after I've typed 'mysql' to go, I got this issueERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)  Many Thanks & Best Regards,HuaMin Chen(Mark it as answer if it does help you!) try to instal mySql with the free tool "AppServ"... is more simple....

Newbie: DBD::mysql error connecting to mysql
I'm new to Bugzilla, Apache, mysql, and perl (whew) and am trying to get Bugzilla 2.18 up and running... I've been banging my head on a problem for a few hours and seem to be stuck... I am at the point where checksetup.pl runs cleanly. I can connect to the system from a browser on a client workstation and get the initial Bugzilla screen without errors. When I navigate to some of the other screens, such as "Enter a new bug report" I am faced with a "Software Error" that seems to indicate perl is having trouble connecting to mysql. Any help is appreciate...

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
Hi, I get the error when I try to connect.. :o(( What's wrong? TIA, Juan. ...

Web resources about - MySQL ERROR 2013 (HY000): Lost connection to MySQL server - novell.sles.configure

The Direct Connection

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...