Login to SAMBA from Win XP by login.cmd fails

Hi all,

:: _BACKGROUND_ ::
We use a login batch file (login.cmd) on XP and (one test) Vista
workstations to Samba.

Ex.:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
REM Remove all attachments
net use * /del /yes
REM Login to Samba using Windows Clients
net use H: \\Server\Data\Documents
net use I: \\Server\Data\Customers
net use J: \\Server\Data\Suppliers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~�~

The older Samba "samba-3.0.20b-3.1" worked with this method the last
four years without any problems. The Win users have the same login
names
and passwords on the workstation accounts and the samba accounts, so
the
windows login data is provided by the client to Samba at login.

We migrated from SLES 9 ("samba-3.0.20b-3.1") to SLES 10 SP2
("samba-3.0.32-0.6" that comes with SLES 10 SP2 and the current
updates).

:: _PROBLEM_ ::
On all workstations, after the initial login with the batch file, the
drives H: to J: are usable. Some workstations are prompted in the
batch
login dos-command window to provide the login name and password for the
first
"net use", then uses the authentication for the rest of the mounts
successfully.
We have also noticed that after the batch file has been run a few times
in
succession, the login succeeds. When the "login name and password"
prompt in the dos-window appears, we close the batch dos-window
without
giving the user name and password. This is repeated 3-5 times and then
login and drive mappings succeed automatically.

It is as though the login data is not accepted by Samba from the
Win-client
at first, but mostly only after a few attempts.

Anyone seen this before?

--
LanActive

LanActive
2/10/2009 7:46:02 AM
novell.sles.configure 3559 articles. 0 followers. Follow

LanActive,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

The login failed. Login failed for user
  Hi   I am trying to capture and display a user-friendly message when my database/server is offline   In order to do the above task, I have taken my database offline and put in the following code to log and show an error has occurred.   PLEASE bear in mind the database is offline and that’s what I am trying to test for   C# for RequestDetails.aspx.cs   using System.IO; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; pu...

login script provided--User cannnot login as local user the script fails but can login as local admin on xp pc
> Hi all > the error is as follows > novell client scripts has encountered a problem > and needs to close > the exception unknow s/w exception 0xc06d007e > occured in the application at location ox77e738b2 > I have never seen this before and i have tried reinstalling the cleint > but it didnt work. This occurs when the user ins logged into a xp pro pc > as a user though it doesnt occur when logged in as a local admin on the > box. this is only happening on one box. > Login script is below > MAP ERROR OFF BREAK OFF if member of ".every...

Cannot open database requested in login 'sql'. Login fails. Login failed for user '\ASPNET'.
I am using the MSDE to connect to my ASP.NET application. I get this error after clicking the login button of my login page. Anyone know why this would happen? Thanks for any help, Cannot open database requested in login 'DataSQL'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'server\ASPNET'.Thank youJackxxx I thought i shold add that when this was on the development PC the database was named DataSQL. On the new PC it is DataSQL2, so I'm not sure why the error shows DataSQL. Thanks,Thank youJackxxx What are the contents of your connection string? Where is it stored? TerriTerri MortonE...

Cannot open database requested in login 'database'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'webuser'.
I am getting the following error from a previously working asp.net application Cannot open database requested in login 'fieldservice'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'webuser'. I checked the connection string dim myconn as sqlconnection=new sqlconnection("server=milkman;uid=webuser;pwd=xxx;database=fieldservice"), and it is the same as another application that is still working. I am able to use query anaylizer and connect to the db and run the query that is attempting with this information so I am lost. Anyone out there got any ideas? Thanks, Justin T...

Cannot Open Database "XXXX" requested by login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'xxx'
hi,  so i have a new box and I'm trying to get my websites and SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition working on it, but the pages give me the following error when I try to load them: "Cannot Open Database "XXXX" requested by login.  The login failed.  Login failed for user 'xxx'" Everything seems exactly the same settings and user-wise from my old box to my new one, but nevertheless everything I've tried gives me the same error. I've tried creating new users in SQL Server and giving them appropriate permissions to my database.  I've even tried just using the buil...

Cannot open database "Noddy" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'ANOTHER\asmith'.
Hi   Using Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005.   I am trying to implement error trapping in my first asp.net application.   I want to error trap database being offline so I took the database offline.   Therefore when I tried to login into my application I was expecting to get an error such as   Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "CRM" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'CSLSYSTEMS\ywhittaker'.     Then in the Web.config file, I included the following code    &nb...

Cannot open database requested in login "database". Login fails. Login failed for user 'TAMILARASI\ASPNET'
Hi, I have a big problem with accessing asp.net application with sql server express database in IIS. Normally my application working fine but some time i got the error like "Cannot open database requested in login "database". Login fails. Login failed for user 'TAMILARASI\ASPNET'. " i already gave permission for ASPNET account by calling stored procedure "exec sp_grantlogin 'TAMILARASI\ASPNET'  my connection string is<remove name="TranslationConnectionString"/> <add name="TranslationConnectionString" connectionStri...

Cannot open database requested in login 'dbName'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'machineName\ASPNET'
Been looking through the forums for a solution to this problem.I already tried granting access through statements such as:exec sp_grantloginaccess N1'machineName\ASPNET'But they don't seem to work.. i vaguely remember seeing somewhere a DOS command line statement that grants access to the ASPNET_WP and that fixed my problem before on another computer.. but this is a new computer and i forgot to write down the command.Can anyone help explain and propose a solution to my problem. Many thanxs. osql -E -S InstanceName -C -Q "sp_grantlogin 'computer\ASPNET'" osql -E -S InstanceName -d database ...

Error: Cannot open database requested in login 'dbname'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'NTAUTHORTY\NETWORKSERVICE
HI all when I was trying to host a website I got the following error Cannot open database requested in login 'dbname'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'NTAUTHORTY\NETWORKSERVICE Previously I got an error Login failed for user 'NTAUTHORTY\NETWORKSERVICE so I ran sp_grantlogin 'NTAUTHORITY\NETWORKSERVICE' in query analyzer.When I wet through the page once again I encountred the error  Cannot open database requested in login 'dbname'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'NTAUTHORTY\NETWORKSERVICEpls help me!!!Thanks in advance.... Ravi Chilakamart...

Cannot open database requested in login 'Portal'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'JAY\ASPNET'.
Guys, I've been beating my head with this. Please help. Let me see if I can explain. I'm running the IBuySpy Portal self install utility. It used to fail and say could not find SQL server, but after someone posted that you need to enable TCP/IP it has gotten further. Now, it will bring up a dos prompt and it looks like it tries to create the database. It errors our saying Could not add aspnet user to database: Cannot open database requested in login 'Portal'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'JAY\hawkswim32'. I looked at the output when it was installing the datab...

Cannot open database "DataBase" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'User\ASPNET'.
hi all, i am having my asp.net project and database is in same system. in web.config i diclaire my connection string as <add name="MyWebConString" connectionString="Data Source=AIPL069\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MyWeb;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> when i login application i got an error error is Server Error in '/MyWeb' Application. Cannot open database "MyWeb" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'AIPL069\ASPNET'. Description: An unhandled exception...

Error: Cannot open database requested in login 'projectAllocations'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'sa'.
Hi, Im getting this error when attempting to retrieve data from an sql database. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database requested in login 'projectAllocations'. Login fails. Login failed for user 'sa'. Source Error: Line 13: objConn = New SqlConnection( "Server=LAB303-066\NETSDK; Database=projectAllocations; User ID=sa;Password=mypas...

SAS Login Configuration & login configuration Key
Some users have these attributes and others do not appearently you need these to access the server from a mac if the mac does not have the client. Does anyone know how to change the attributes so they will work with the mac. If you just add them from console one this does not give you the ability to log in. any help would be great. > Some users have these attributes and others do not appearently you need > these to access the server from a mac if the mac does not have the > client. Does anyone know how to change the attributes so they will work > with the mac. If y...

Login Doesn't fail
THis issue is driving me crazy. I am loading DNN 2.1.2 clean install to WinXP Pro Laptop. Running SQL Server 2000. Site comes up after DB install scripts run. Try to login as host, host and redirected to the home page, not logged in. Same is true for Admin, Admin. Login fails if invalid login / password combination is used. I have searched the forum, but I don't have an Underscore in my domain name. Anyone have any thoughts, I am stumped on this one. do you have cookies enabled? Once a login is verified it creates a formsauthentication cookie. If you don't have cookies enabled, either swit...

Web resources about - Login to SAMBA from Win XP by login.cmd fails - novell.sles.configure

Login - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Logging in is usually used to enter a specific page, which trespassers cannot see. Once the user is logged in, the login token may be used to ...

WARNING: Zeus Trojan Using Facebook Login Pages As Bait To Target Credit-Card Info
The Zeus Trojan is on the prowl again, hungry for credit-card information and other personal data, and Facebook is being used as the bait. continued… ...

Introducing Login Approvals - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Introducing Login Approvals geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen.

The Value of a Facebook Login User for Mobile Games
... number of developers integrate their mobile apps with Facebook we've learned more about the benefits for developers of offering Facebook Login ...

St George Bank internet banking outage: customers cannot login or transfer funds
ST GEORGE Bank customers have been left stranded by an internet banking outage that has thrown southern long weekend plans into disarray.

Q3 Social Logins: Google Makes Slow Gains; Facebook Indomitable
... The Q3 report from social identity management provider Gigya is evidence of this fact. While there have been some changes in the social login ...

Hello Windows Hello: Firmware Update Adds Biometric Login To Surface Pro 4 And Surface Book
... Pro 4 . One of the most exciting additions to the convertible tablet from Microsoft was the implementation of Windows Hello biometric login ...

Price Drop: Air Login
Air Login 1.2 Device: iOS Universal Category: Business Price: Free, Version: 1.2 ( iTunes ) Description: Wherever you go, there's your Mac. ...

Windows Hello facial logins on the new Surfaces are rather impressive
Extremely quick and effort-free biometric authentication just from looking at your PC.

British Gas logins exposed online
British Gas has written to more than 2,000 of its customers after their account logins were posted online.