How can I change Keyboard Layout to German?

Hello,

I installed SLES10SP3.
When I login to the console the keyboard layout is US.
This SLES runs in a VM under MS Virtual Server 2005.

When I login to the Desktop I changed in Yast2 everything to
de_DE.UTF-8
It took after a reboot.
When I first login to the Desktop with init 5 the keyboard layout is
german.
When I change Runlevel with init 3 the keyboard layout is still
german.
When I reboot and login directly to the console the keyboard layout is
US again.
I want to CHANGE this. How come it doesn't work?
All LC Variables other than those mentioned below show POSIX
LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_ALL=        //empty
LANG=POSIX

Would s.o. have an idea?

Thank you
Andreas

--
AndiMzD

AndiMzD
12/15/2009 3:46:02 PM
novell.sles.configure 3559 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I don't know how I did it but now I have the keyboard layout in
German.
Maybe because I updated the VM from the DVD-image.
However, there a still no Umlaute like �� etc. which belong to the
german language.
How could I get those?

Thank you
Andreas

--
AndiMzD
AndiMzD's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=73656

0
AndiMzD
12/15/2009 4:06:02 PM
Andreas,

how do you access the SLES system ?
Are you local on the MS server and have there a console to the server
open or do you connect via vnc ? Maybe this is a codepage problem on the
viewing side.

Rainer

--
brunold
brunold's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=562
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=395906

0
brunold
no I connect via RDP to the Server that hosts the VM.
Then I log in to the VM.
When I log in to the console I have no Umlaute, when I login to the
GUI, I do have umlaute.

Any other ideas?

Sincerely
Andreas

--
AndiMzD
AndiMzD's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=73656
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=395906

0
AndiMzD
I found it now and leave the solution here.
In the RunlevelEditor in yast2 I found earlykbd which was only
configured for Runlevel 5.
I added in the expert mode runlevel 3.
This did it already.
However it also showed me the command which could be used at the
console (perhaps in Runlevel 1 some time):

KEYMAP
/USR/SHARE/KBD/KEYMAPS/I386/QWERTZ/DE-LATIN1-NODEADKEYS.MAP.GZ

Cheers
Andreas

--
AndiMzD
AndiMzD's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=73656
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=395906

0
AndiMzD

How we can change the keyboard layout ??
Dear AllIs there any way to change the keyboard layout when a TextBox on an ASPX page gets the focus?   Regards??   Hi, keyboard layout means? give some more details?VasanthakumarSoftware Engineer. Thanks for your repaly i mean if you have textbox1 and textbox2 when you focus the textbox1 the keyboard  language is EN (en-us) and when you focus the next textbox (textbox2) the keyboard  language change automatically to AR(ar-ae)....   thanks Hi, try this.... <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Defaul...

keyboard: German layout
Hello people, I have a Lenovo ideapad s205 and I bought it in Germany so it has a German layout keyboard. In the system settings in Gnome, I found this 'keyboard picture' (http://twitpic.com/9050s6/full) but the phisical keyboard on the machine has a different layout, so I can't type all the symbols. For example I can't type the tilde ( ~ ) When the machine booots up I press f4 and choose the German keyboard layout and the Italian as a default language. How do I instruct my enviroinment so that the right layout is used ? Thanks -- catonano ------...

Change keyboard configuration
In KDE, how do you change keyboard configuration - type, manufacturer, language, etc. - without using SAX? In 11.2, SAX no longer handles this. I'm informed that this is possible by using the usual desktop tools. Unfortunately, my informer couldn't enlighten me as to which desktop tools to use. -- Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks., UK. E-mail: newsman not newsboy "I wear the cheese. It does not wear me." Hi again Cloddy, I have just done that very thing. Configur Desktop regional & language and you are there rushman (jim) -- rushm...

Changing keyboard layout
I can't change the keyboard layout, when I add second layout in YaST. The switching key combinations doesn't work. When I add second layout in "Configure Desktop", I can change layouts but often I should first mouse click the flag icon in the tray, before keyboard combination begins to work. -- Linux novice ----- openSUSE 11.1 64 Bit, KDE 3.5.10, -ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI, Athlon X2 4000+ 2.1 GHz 65nm, Ice Hammer 4400 B, Corsair XMS2 2x1Gb 800 MHz, Radeon HD 3200 Int, LG L2000C, Seagate 500 GB- --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Keyboard layout changing unwantedly
Hi, A French user has his keyboard layout set to "AZERTY" (French Keyboard), and his physical keyboard is the same. Whenever he launches our program (or activates it) the keyboard changes to US QWERTY. This is very annoying as he has to change it each time back to french keyboard. Any ideas of cause of problem and how to solve? Developed in D7pro on WinXP. (User is on Windows 7 x64) Thank you, Rael > {quote:title=Rael Bauer wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > A French user has his keyboard layout set to "AZERTY" (French Keyboard), > and ...

Change Keyboard Layout in LXDE
Hello, I am using openSuSE 11.3 and LXDE. How can I switch between British-English layout and Greek layout in LXDE? Thanks alot. -- Leonardo12 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Geia sou Leonardo, It's pretty straightforward. Login as root, and edit (with vim, gedit, whatever) the file /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart Add the following row to the file: @setxkbmap -option grp:switch,grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll us,gr Then, logout root and log off your LXDE session. The next time you log in, the left Alt-Shif...

How to Change Keyboard Layout Programmatically ?
  Hi There  I have a website with multiple languages on of them is arabic which is right to left .   I have many text boxes and i could manage to set the cursor on the right via css . The problem is i want the user to start writting in arabic directly without the need to change the writting language from keyboard. are there any way to simulate the left alt + shift click which is used to change to arabic or any code to change the direction of the cursor in the textboxes automatically in arabic page .   i have read many posts before but none of them is useful fo...

German keyboard layout on a MacBook
Hello, I've installed OpenSUSE 11.2 on an older white MacBook without problems and I'm very happy with the system. There is only one problem and I wasn't able to find a solution yet: I set the keyboard layout (in "Kontrollzentrum") to "MacBook/MacBook Pro (Intl)" and added "Germany". I removed the original layout "USA" and everything worked fine. But after rebooting the layout "USA" is additionally in the list and the keyboard is not correct until I remove this again. So where can I remove the "USA" layout cor...

How can I change the application configuration in the web.config
Hi I wonder how can I change the application configuration that is in the web.config Because usually I get application configuration that I defined in the web.config as System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["setting1"] But I am think it to create web page which can change the value in the application setting in the web.config Secondly, I wonder whether I can use ServiceController to control one of my window service that I created in the asp.net. So what I wanna do is actually to create web page which contains options which can change the service status ...

Could in some way user can change the layout of webpartzone
Could in some way user can change the layout of webpartzone.i.e suppose i have three webzone top,left and right.Could I change left zone to top zone and top zone to left.or could I change the default size of left zone from 30% to 60% Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.www.netprosys.comRemember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps U There's nothing built in to WebParts to support this.  You will need to implement it yourself in your app.-Mikehttp://blogs.msdn.com/mharderThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

hover problem ?? i can see changing backcolor but font color doesnt be changed.. what can problem be ?
hi friends hover problem :) i can see changing backcolor with below code line in stylesheet.. but font color doesnt be changed.. what can be problem ? my second problem is.. changing backcolor and fontcolor can be only hyperlink1 and hyperlink2 and buttonclick1 and buttonclick1.. how can i do this ? all my treeviews and hyperlinks and buttonclicks changing backcolor now.. a:link {color: #FFFFFF; }a:visited { color: #FFFFFF; } a:hover {color: #FF0000; background-color: #333333;text-decoration: none; } a:active {color: #FFFFFF; }Mark as me if my question or my answer can ...

hyperlink colour ?? my default colour of hyperlink changed. how can it changed i dont know.. and how can i fix it ?
hello friends hyperlink colour ?? my default colour of hyperlink changed. how can it changed i dont know.. and how can i fix it ? when i create new hyperlink, it look different color.. how can i use default blue color of hyperlink ? sincerelyMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) http://www.echoecho.com/csslinks.htm...

Keyboard Layout Changes But JUST in Mozilla apps
Folks, (Sorry if I misposted this in any way). System - P4 2.8 GHz/2 GB RAM OS: XP Pro SP2 I was wondering if anyone has seen/has a clue about this weird problem I've been having... It started... years ago... I honestly don't remember what versions of the apps, but at least FF2 and Thunderbird 1.5. Basically, after a while of running (I leave both running pretty much from the start of my computer until I shut it down - roughly 2-4 months in between), FF and Thunderbird seem to automatically "switch" my keyboard layout and think I'm typing with wha...

Change keyboard layout and input language respectively
Hello! Is there any way to change the input language on asp.net sites??I have a mask to enter informations for members. This site is available in german and croatian. When the user changes the language to croation the input language of windows should also be changed! Is there any way to implement this? Thank you  That is covered in this long thread the original poster wants users to change between English and Irish, so read that thread then post more questions because you can change the language with drop down list and accept contents in both langauge.  Hope this helps....

Web resources about - How can I change Keyboard Layout to German? - novell.sles.configure

Pro Tools Keyboard Shortcuts
Every shortcut you ever wanted. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Keyboard Cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Keyboard Cat" footage consists of Charlie Schmidt's cat, Fatso, "playing" a keyboard. In reality, Schmidt is manipulating the cat under a baby's ...

Facebook Adds Keyboard Shortcuts To Messages Inbox
Facebook added a list of keyboard shortcuts to the inbox where users retrieve their messages . continued… New Career Opportunities Daily: The ...

Facebook rolls out messages update with new layout, photo sharing, emoticons, keyboard shortcuts and ...
... continues to roll out its redesigned messages product it announced in August , including a two-paned layout, improved photo uploads and keyboard ...

Pixel C and accompanying keyboards now available to purchase from the Google Store
The Pixel C is now available to purchase from the Google Store. The tablet was announced in a September event with the latest Nexus devices and ...

djay Pro lands on the iPad with Split View, tons of keyboard shortcuts, 4 track support, much more
... running side-by-side would be killer and Algoriddim is ready. Adding to the desktop level features, djay Pro supports more than 70 keyboard ...

The Razer DeathStalker Chroma Gaming Keyboard Review
Mechanical keyboards are all the rage among enthusiasts nowadays, with most of them offering advanced features such as fully programmable keys ...

Use 3D Touch and Bluetooth keyboard shortcuts in Chrome for iOS
New features have come to the browser, making it even more powerful.

Aluminum Bluetooth keyboard for iPad Air 2 is under $19 right now on Amazon
iPads are great. They're small and portable, but sometimes it's difficult to type accurately so get yourself a Bluetooth keyboard designed specifically ...

Please Step Away from the Keyboard Before You Post Garbage on Facebook
... to weed out the miscreants. Here are some basic tips for commenting, posting, or sharing online. I am calling it Step Away From the Keyboard ...