help me How to configure sles 10 as PDC

Hi
would you please help in this,

I tried to configure my SLES 10 to become PDC using samba with or
without ldap , and I used the manuals came with the SLES 10, but they
are not useful. and the result is the same,

when I tried to join windows to the domain, a user not found msg
appeared,

however, when I started rcsmb and rcnmb the /var/log/samba/log.nmbd log
shows that the samba server was acting as Domain Master Browser for
seconds and then local master browser and log.smbd shows no errors.

can you give me a howto guide to implement samba on SLES 10 as PDC ???

--
diya_1426

diya
5/18/2008 3:06:02 PM
novell.sles.configure 3559 articles. 0 followers. Follow

diya_1426,

you might have a look at this cool solution article:

'Migrating User Storage from Windows NTFS to Linux and AD to a Samba
Domain | Novell User Communities' (http://tinyurl.com/62t76m)

It describes something similar and has a configuration part for joining
the windows domain with a sles 10 server.

Hope this helps,
Rainer

--
brunold
brunold's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=562

0
brunold
5/18/2008 4:46:03 PM
brunold;1560115 Wrote:
> diya_1426,
>
> you might have a look at this cool solution article:
>
> 'Migrating User Storage from Windows NTFS to Linux and AD to a Samba
> Domain | Novell User Communities' (http://tinyurl.com/62t76m)
>
> It describes something similar and has a configuration part for joining
> the windows domain with a sles 10 server.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Rainer

Dear brunold,

thank you for your reply,

although , the link you putted has very good information but, it
contains too short steps about samba.

thanks

--
diya_1426
diya_1426's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=14901
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=328402

0
diya
5/19/2008 9:46:03 AM
On Mon, 19 May 2008 09:46:03 +0000, diya 1426 wrote:

> brunold;1560115 Wrote:
>> diya_1426,
>>
>> you might have a look at this cool solution article:
>>
>> 'Migrating User Storage from Windows NTFS to Linux and AD to a Samba
>> Domain | Novell User Communities' (http://tinyurl.com/62t76m)
>>
>> It describes something similar and has a configuration part for joining
>> the windows domain with a sles 10 server.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Rainer
>
> Dear brunold,
>
> thank you for your reply,
>
> although , the link you putted has very good information but, it contains
> too short steps about samba.
>
> thanks

The Samba HOWTO is here:
http://tinyurl.com/6njjh
Probably too much info there!

--
Mark Robinson
Novell Volunteer SysOp

0
markr
5/19/2008 10:09:01 AM
MarkCRobinson;1560715 Wrote:
> On Mon, 19 May 2008 09:46:03 +0000, diya 1426 wrote:
> [color=blue]
>
> The Samba HOWTO is here:
> 'The Official Samba 3.2.x HOWTO and Reference Guide'
> (http://tinyurl.com/6njjh)
> Probably too much info there!
>
> --
> Mark Robinson
> Novell Volunteer SysOp
> www.nds8.co.uk
> One by one the penguins steal my sanity...

thak you for your reply,

This book provides wide informaition of samba and it is available in
samba-doc package, but it talks about samba in general, for example, I
cannot implement smbldap-tools package in SLES, because it has diffrent
implementation way in SLES than this book shows, and also I did the
troubleshooting checklist, but it did not resolved my issue.

finally, from all my searches and investigations, I think I am doing
fine regarding smb.conf and ldap it self, and the soluation starts from
smbldap-tools: there is no smbldap package in SLES CDs, so, have you any
idea about this?

thank you

--
diya_1426
diya_1426's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=14901
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=328402

0
diya
5/21/2008 7:56:03 AM
On Wed, 21 May 2008 07:56:03 +0000, diya 1426 wrote:

> MarkCRobinson;1560715 Wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 May 2008 09:46:03 +0000, diya 1426 wrote: [color=blue]
>>
>> The Samba HOWTO is here:
>> 'The Official Samba 3.2.x HOWTO and Reference Guide'
>> (http://tinyurl.com/6njjh)
>> Probably too much info there!
>>
>> --
>> Mark Robinson
>> Novell Volunteer SysOp
>> www.nds8.co.uk
>> One by one the penguins steal my sanity...
>
> thak you for your reply,
>
> This book provides wide informaition of samba and it is available in
> samba-doc package, but it talks about samba in general, for example, I
> cannot implement smbldap-tools package in SLES, because it has diffrent
> implementation way in SLES than this book shows, and also I did the
> troubleshooting checklist, but it did not resolved my issue.
>
> finally, from all my searches and investigations, I think I am doing fine
> regarding smb.conf and ldap it self, and the soluation starts from
> smbldap-tools: there is no smbldap package in SLES CDs, so, have you any
> idea about this?
>
> thank you

Is this package something to do with adding/deleting users using LDAP???

--
Mark Robinson
Novell Volunteer SysOp
www.nds8.co.uk
One by one the penguins steal my sanity...

0
markr
5/23/2008 4:07:12 PM
It contains docs for samba like: samba official guide, samba how to,
samba by example, and alot of docs and tools for samba.
and it contains the smbldap-tools, which manages the relationship
between samba and openldap directory service